Sign in to follow this  
jrbdmb

LT2 - Done?

I didn't expect Tomlinson to be *the* top RB anymore, but thought that a Top 10 showing was reasonable.

Well as of Week 8 he is in fact at #37, despite all attempts by the Charger to force feed him touchdowns. Week 9 totals: 12 carries, 22 yards, no TDs, one red zone carry for -1 yards.

So is there any reason to think that LT2 isn't well on his way to being fantasy irrelevant? He probably no better than a RB3, with much risk and little upside.

I have kind of been thinking this for a little while now. It was one hell of a ride for Fantasy Football. LT almost single handedly one titles for owners over the years. I only had him one season in one league during his good years. The year he was injured slightly and had a slow start, I got him in a trade. I won that year. Hell, I win every year though. :thumbsup:

it's been a good run LT2 - - time to pass the reigns - you've won many of championships for fantasy players - I've never been lucky enough to get you in a top 3 pick throughout the years.

I have kind of been thinking this for a little while now. It was one hell of a ride for Fantasy Football. LT almost single handedly one titles for owners over the years. I only had him one season in one league during his good years. The year he was injured slightly and had a slow start, I got him in a trade. I won that year. Hell, I win every year though. :thumbsup:

It is all about that initial speed burst. if you lose it, then it is hard to break free for a run and get beyond the first 4-5 yards. back to back years with knee damage have basically made LT a mortal. Not worth a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick anymore.

It is all about that initial speed burst. if you lose it, then it is hard to break free for a run and get beyond the first 4-5 yards. back to back years with knee damage have basically made LT a mortal. Not worth a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick anymore.

Yep. Add in 7 straight season with 375+ a touches a year and it's a wonder he lasted as long as he has.

Yep. Add in 7 straight season with 375+ a touches a year and it's a wonder he lasted as long as he has.

think about emmitt smith's yardage and td records. everyone said LT would be the guy to break them. that clearly isnt gonna happen. I dont even know how emmitt held up for so long at such a high level. dude must have made deal with the devil.

think about emmitt smith's yardage and td records. everyone said LT would be the guy to break them. that clearly isnt gonna happen. I dont even know how emmitt held up for so long at such a high level. dude must have made deal with the devil.

Pretty wild glancing at those. Emmitt sure had his share of touches for many years. No way LT catches him. He is like 6,000 yards shy right now. Tomlinson should move way up on the all time list this year though. He is sitting at 14th now. 300 more yards this year would put him at 8th, knocking Jim Brown down one spot.

I bought into the hype the LT would be back to old form this year and spent a first round pick on him. After this week I am ready to put him on my bench. Ride off into the sunset LT. You had a lot of great years my friend.

I bought into the hype the LT would be back to old form this year and spent a first round pick on him. After this week I am ready to put him on my bench. Ride off into the sunset LT. You had a lot of great years my friend.

I with you, I even was stupid enough to bench ray rice twenty two minutes before the games for lt yesterday

I with you, I even was stupid enough to bench ray rice twenty two minutes before the games for lt yesterday

LT2 has been downgraded quite a bit by the fantasy community (Week 9 - 18th average by CBS experts, 17th by ESPN), and it's sad to see that those projections now seem way too optimistic. Chances are my #1 pick (8th overall) will be on the bench the rest of the year.

<_<

Maybe Norv Turner's contention during the preseason that LT would get enough carries to challenge for the rushing title bloated his stock big-time.

Although I agree with most of the posters above, I will throw in that San Diego's line isn't doing him any favors either. Add in that Tomlinson isn't the same player AND his line is horrendous, and you get a line like 12-22-0.

I am a new owner of LT, so I watched the Giants game.

Jesus Christ wouldn't find a hole behind that line. The left guard got embarrassed on one play. Just blasted off the ball. Did they suspend the weight lifting program in San Diego this year?

LT was laughing after his goal line attempt. There is just nothing there.

The one play that looked like LT could take it for 30 yards he tripped on his own feet. But he had a burst. I still think he's got burst. But he's caged behind that line. Who is the left guard? Guy should be cut.

Almost everyone said he was done in the offseason, but owners failed to listen and dreamed of top 10 performances. We see this with RB's in their 30's all the time. I don't know why people don't catch on.

And do we really need a weekly thread about when LT is going to bounce back? We've had one every week since week 1.

I fell into the LT hype this year as well. I made a trade at the begining of the year for him thinking that I could go back to back. It is a keeper league in which I had two great QB's so I let one go and thought I could get one good year out of him. He is still on the team and will be until I cut him next year. I hope he is average or better the rest of the year. I still have a shot and could use a little help.

It's not about Tomlinson's mythical "lost burst" - San Diego simply has no run blocking. If "burst" was the only thing missing, Sproles could light up the charts with his carries. But he doesn't. He can't, not with that offensive line. Tomlinson is averaging 3.2 yards per carry which is not good, but Sproles was averaging 2.5 yards per carry when he was starting which is even worse. Even when you factor in the cushy Draw plays that Sproles gets to run when defenses are laying off and playing the pass, he's still only averaging 3.5 yards per carry for the season. Bottom line: LT is certainly not the back he once was, but to just look at the stat sheet is to completely ignore what's keeping his fantasy numbers down.

Not even close to what he once was. Anyone trying to argue that is delusional. He can't break a tackle, can't hit the hole the few times it is open, and has no burst. He constantly tries that little jump cut but by the time he gets his feet on the ground his ass is hitting it first.

Like some of the other posters in this thread, I was saying last year his line was ass. He's no longer elite for sure, but doesn't have a prayer behind that smegma.

they should have gotten him a fullback that can block not some got who couldnt be a rb

i thought no one seen the truth..

ole lorenzo

fullback never gets the credit.. always the RB

Tomlinson acknowledges he's nearing the end? LaDainian Tomlinson - RB - SD - Nov. 10 - 9:34 a.m. ET LaDainian Tomlinson was emotional when talking about his career following the Chargers' Week 9 win over the Giants.

"I've been through a lot in my career; it's hard work," he said. "I don't want to say I'm coming to the end. But I don't know if I'll ever be in this stadium again. You cherish certain moments." Tomlinson clearly sees the end of the line coming and now seems more concerned with wins than his numbers. He's nothing more than a flex play against the Eagles this week.

can't believe i wasted a top draft pick on him...he reminds me of the video game (frogger)

jumps out into traffic & gets smeared...!!!he single handely destroyed my whole season

And now he is injured and questionable this week. Might be the week that Sproles actually gets some carries.

LaDainian Tomlinson missed Chargers practice Wednesday with a hip injury.

Tomlinson claims it isn't serious, but it's not surprising that an in-decline 30-year-old running back is battling a nagging injury. LT has also shown up on the injury report with "ankle" and "foot" injuries this season, in addition to an illness. He has an undesirable Week 10 matchup versus Philadelphia.

It's hard to run when you get hit in the backfield 50% of the time. He certainly isn't the player he used to be, but if he had a decent line he would still be a top 10 back.

Stick a fork in him, HE"S DONE.

Yep.

Certainly done.

:thumbsdown:

Yep.

Certainly done.

:lol:

Hey, I hope he still has something in him. But one week doesn't quite reverse a year long trend.