Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Star_Wrecking_Crew

Rodgers vs. Romo

Qb Poll  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB?

• Tony Romo
    • Aaron Rodgers

Both QBs are good QBs, however to say that Rodgers is better because Romo "can't win the big game" what game has Rodgers won??? How many playoff wins does he have??? How many Superbowl rings??? Both QBs will eventually win when it counts, but to say one is better than the other because one "can't win a big game" is ridiculous.

If I were to pick between Romo and Rodgers, I'd pick Romo hands down. Why???? First off he already has a report with the WR in Dallas, Secondly because Dallas O-line and Green Bay's O-line isn't that much different. The difference is, when under pressure, Romo gets out of the way and can still make a play. Rogers stands in the pocket until it collapses on him. Another thing I've noticed about Rodgers, he holds on to the ball WAAAAAAY too long. Don't get me wrong the Packers O-line is pretty bad, but the fact that Rodgers just stands in the pocket, praying that the Dline will never get through doesn't help. Not to mention that Rodgers has one of the best WR combo in the league, while the Boys have a first year starting WR on one side, and a wanna be WR (Roy Williams on the other)

December stats this year.

Aaron Rodgers: 68-for-112 passing, 826 yards, 6 TD, 2 INT, 93.8 QB rating

Tony Romo: 82-for-119 passing, 953 yards, 6 TD, 0 INT, 109.7 QB rating

So Romo or Rodgers??? I'll take Romo.

Both QBs are good QBs, however to say that Rodgers is better because Romo "can't win the big game" what game has Rodgers won???

What game has Romo won? So ignoring the "can't win the big game" question, which QB is better? It's Rodgers, hands down.

More passing yards

More rushing yards

More passing TDs

More rushing TDs

Higher completion percentage

Higher QB rating

Better TD to INT ratio

Better record in December

AND while Rodgers hasn't won a playoff game yet, he also hasn't lost any. We know Romo is a choker, we don't know that about Rodgers.

Better poll:

Which QB played with over 10 pro bowl players on his team, had a 1st round bye, and home field, but couldn't win a playoff game?

Romo

Romo or

Romo

Imagine if Rodgers had a decent O-line and didnt spend half the season on his back. I'll take Aaron.

Better poll:

Which QB played with over 10 pro bowl players on his team, had a 1st round bye, and home field, but couldn't win a playoff game?

Romo

Romo or

Romo

Romo??

If I were to pick between Romo and Rodgers, I'd pick Romo hands down. Why????

We know why...because you are a complete and total Dallas home troll moron who cannot skew this poll even with all of your alias accounts voting.

First off he already has a report with the WR in Dallas, Secondly because Dallas O-line and Green Bay's O-line isn't that much different. The difference is, when under pressure, Romo gets out of the way and can still make a play. Rogers stands in the pocket until it collapses on him. Another thing I've noticed about Rodgers, he holds on to the ball WAAAAAAY too long. Don't get me wrong the Packers O-line is pretty bad, but the fact that Rodgers just stands in the pocket, praying that the Dline will never get through doesn't help. Not to mention that Rodgers has one of the best WR combo in the league, while the Boys have a first year starting WR on one side, and a wanna be WR (Roy Williams on the other)

Wow...way to just show December stats this year.

And Rodgers has a strong rapport with his WRs right now.

But now you are making some excuses for Romo with the WRs? Funny, you just whined about others making excuses for Rodgers.

Face it...very few will pick Romo here. Based on his age, experience and so on...he simply has not pulled away from Rodgers at all..not even pulled even really.

Sorry, you lose again.

Both QBs are good QBs, however to say that Rodgers is better because Romo "can't win the big game" what game has Rodgers won??? How many playoff wins does he have??? How many Superbowl rings??? Both QBs will eventually win when it counts, but to say one is better than the other because one "can't win a big game" is ridiculous.

If I were to pick between Romo and Rodgers, I'd pick Romo hands down. Why???? First off he already has a report with the WR in Dallas, Secondly because Dallas O-line and Green Bay's O-line isn't that much different. The difference is, when under pressure, Romo gets out of the way and can still make a play. Rogers stands in the pocket until it collapses on him. Another thing I've noticed about Rodgers, he holds on to the ball WAAAAAAY too long. Don't get me wrong the Packers O-line is pretty bad, but the fact that Rodgers just stands in the pocket, praying that the Dline will never get through doesn't help. Not to mention that Rodgers has one of the best WR combo in the league, while the Boys have a first year starting WR on one side, and a wanna be WR (Roy Williams on the other)

Yes, Rodgers holds the ball too long... but you do realize that Rodgers has way more rushing yards than any other QB right? He's not a statue, he makes more plays with his legs than anyone.

We know why...because you are a complete and total Dallas home troll moron who cannot skew this poll even with all of your alias accounts voting.

Wow...way to just show December stats this year.

And Rodgers has a strong rapport with his WRs right now.

But now you are making some excuses for Romo with the WRs? Funny, you just whined about others making excuses for Rodgers.

Face it...very few will pick Romo here. Based on his age, experience and so on...he simply has not pulled away from Rodgers at all..not even pulled even really.

Sorry, you lose again.

Win Loss category of each guy for the years he was the starter all year.

Rodgers

6-10

9-5

15-15

Romo

13-3

9-7

9-5

31-15

Rodgers and ain't even close. Romo has 53 regular season starts, Rodgers 30. Romo had 13 ProBowlers (read popularity contest winners) during the 13-3 season where the Cowboys got home field throughout the playoffs. I would be willing to bet that the Packers have had maybe half of the ProBowlers the Cowboys have had over the last 3 years.

I should point out that I don't put down only part of the facts. The full season stats for Romo vs Rodgers are below, and Rodgers is also winning in EVERY category except Yards Per attempt (where he is short by an insignificant .08 yrds per attempt).

Player	Att	Cmp	Comp%	Yd	Yd/Att	TD	Int	Rate	Att	Yd	Avg	TD	Targt	Recpt	Yd	Avg	TD	FL	FPTS
Rodgers, Aaron QB GB	 492	317	64.4%	3962	8.05	28	7	102.4	56	293	5.2	4	0	0	0	0	0	4	338
Romo, Tony QB DAL	478	298	62.3%	3886	8.13	23	7	97.8	31	109	3.5	1	0	0	0	0	0	4	283

One last thing. It also needs to be noted that Rodgers is roughly 3 years and 7 months YOUNGER than Romo, has a better career QB ranking, a better career TD to INT rating and a better career completion %.

This poll was a joke, right??? :banana:

It was 9 to 2 Rodgers and then all of a sudden it was 18 to 9 Romo!!!!

How many aliases does Pimp have????

Alright.... 18 people voted for Romo..... Can we get one to fess up?

it was 9/2 when i voted and put up my post. this thread, like all other pimptaddy driven bullsh!t, is complete crap.

Rodgers and ain't even close. Romo has 53 regular season starts, Rodgers 30. Romo had 13 ProBowlers (read popularity contest winners) during the 13-3 season where the Cowboys got home field throughout the playoffs. I would be willing to bet that the Packers have had maybe half of the ProBowlers the Cowboys have had over the last 3 years.

I should point out that I don't put down only part of the facts. The full season stats for Romo vs Rodgers are below, and Rodgers is also winning in EVERY category except Yards Per attempt (where he is short by an insignificant .08 yrds per attempt).

Player	Att	Cmp	Comp%	Yd	Yd/Att	TD	Int	Rate	Att	Yd	Avg	TD	Targt	Recpt	Yd	Avg	TD	FL	FPTS
Rodgers, Aaron QB GB	 492	317	64.4%	3962	8.05	28	7	102.4	56	293	5.2	4	0	0	0	0	0	4	338
Romo, Tony QB DAL	478	298	62.3%	3886	8.13	23	7	97.8	31	109	3.5	1	0	0	0	0	0	4	283

One last thing. It also needs to be noted that Rodgers is roughly 3 years and 7 months YOUNGER than Romo, has a better career QB ranking, a better career TD to INT rating and a better career completion %.

This poll was a joke, right??? :dunno:

As you said, the Pro Bowl is just a popularity contest. So why do you then think it means anything that Rodgers has had half the pro bowlers? If the Cowboys are winning they will almost always have a ton of pro bowlers due to Cowboys' large fanbase. Doesn't mean the players really deserve it unless you really think players like Ken Hamlin, Greg Ellis, Roy Williams, or 3/4 of the offensive line were really some of the best players in the NFC. From a stats perspective, Rodgers and Romo are almost identical. Romo's had a year and a half more starting. If I had to pick a QB to build a team for the future around, I'd pick Rodgers since he's very good and younger. If I had to pick a one of them right now to win me a game it'd be Romo. He's got more experience and been through more adversity.

Wow...he has way more than anyone thought.

these guys are pretty close and this could go either way. this seems like a poll made up to say rodgers is better. when in reality the jury is still out

Both are legit, big time, nfl Qb's - and both on the rise. Rodgers has a better rating this year, but only has what one might call a quality win - Dallas. Romo's rating is very good as well, and in fact - is 109.27 for December. He has beaten both a Philly and NO on the road this year - both quality wins. If one were to judge based off what is perceived Dallas' easy schedule this year - look at GB's, arguably even easier.

Can't go wrong with either - but give me Romo. Partly bcoz I see him every week, but also bcoz of his ability to avoid the sack moreso than Rodgers and his quicker release.

this seems like a poll made up to say rodgers is better.

Are you illiterate?

The poll is very clearly an attempt by a Cowboys fan troll to whine more about Romo and stack the votes with his ridiculous amount of alias accounts.

And its failing.

Both are legit, big time, nfl Qb's - and both on the rise. Rodgers has a better rating this year, but only has what one might call a quality win - Dallas. Romo's rating is very good as well, and in fact - is 109.27 for December. He has beaten both a Philly and NO on the road this year - both quality wins. If one were to judge based off what is perceived Dallas' easy schedule this year - look at GB's, arguably even easier.

Can't go wrong with either - but give me Romo. Partly bcoz I see him every week, but also bcoz of his ability to avoid the sack moreso than Rodgers and his quicker release.

Quality wins? HAHAHAHA

I realize you are an incredible homer, but I thought you had some small chance to be objective about players....

Since Rodgers numbers dwarf Romo's, you are going to come up with your "quality wins" critieria.... You do realize that neither of these players play any defense. Rodgers threw for almost 700 yards and 5 total touchdowns along with 68 rushing yards in two losses to Minn. He scored a ton of points for the Packers against a very good team, and the defense blew it big time. (As they did just this last week in Pitt -- Rodgers had over 400 yards and 4 TDs; 36 points (including a missed chipshot FG) and led his team down the field for the game-winning TD...)

Romo actually did much less against PHI and NO (a grand total of two whole touchdown passes for both games together) but was fortunate enough to be one man on a 53-man team that had a defense that played much better than the Packers....

Don't get me wrong, I like Romo a lot (he's a good Wisconsin boy)..... but "quality wins" scenario is what people use to argue for talentless quarterbacks when they can't argue based upon stats -- see Dilfer and Dilfer Sr. (a.k.a. Tom Brady :thumbsdown: )

Romo is a good QB on his own; you don't need to make up crazy "quality wins" critieria -- that rely heavily on so many things besides quarterbacking (defense, special teams, running game, coaching, ability to hit chip-shot field goals, etc.)

Don't even get me started on escapability..... Rodgers is way faster than Romo and because of the Packers piss-poor O-line play for most of the season has had much more practice with it.......

Rodgers and it isn't even close.

I actually think he is better than his stats show as I believe MM holds him back with his pathetic play calling at times.

Both are essentially the same player, but Rodgers has not had as many opportunities to fail yet. Give him time.

Should we start a Rodgers vs. Cutler thread?

Both are essentially the same player, but Rodgers has not had as many opportunities to fail yet. Give him time.

Neither are better than Shane Cutler :shocking:

Interesting...even with all of the pimp votes...Rodgers took the 23-22 lead.

On another board...prior to any "pimping" of the poll...

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=513528

Who is the better NFL QB?

Rodgers [ 22 ] ** [78.57%]

Romo [ 6 ] ** [21.43%]

And it just gets worse for Pimp...

Who is the better NFL QB?

Rodgers [ 34 ] ** [77.27%]

Romo [ 10 ] ** [22.73%]

So we are talking something around 20 or so alias accounts pimp must have.

If I were to pick between Romo and Rodgers, I'd pick Romo hands down. Why???? First off he already has a report with the WR in Dallas, Secondly because Dallas O-line and Green Bay's O-line isn't that much different.

He has a report? Is that like a book report?

I believe the word you are looking for is rapport.

Also, how can you say Romo has a "report" with the WR in Dallas but Rodgers doesn't? Rodgers seems to have a very good relationship with Donald Driver at the very least and has really gotten on the same page as Finley as of late. Jennings has disappointed but was a monster last year.

Tony certainly has a rapport with Miles Austin but to use that as a reason to pick Romo over Rodgers (who has a good rapport of his own) is silly.

You cant possibly entertain categorizing Romo with Rodgers. I'd bet your moms penis that their NFL peers would tell you Rodgers over Romo no contest.

I don't like Romo and don't particularly like Rodgers, but Tony did bang Jessica Simpson when she was a hottie so he gets my vote just for that reason.

...based on football though, exclusively? Rodgers, hands down.

Romo has bigger wins, a better december this year and he has to work with lesser wrs. Rodgers has two studs and romo is just now working with miles austin and roy is a bust,

Greenbay has one of the easies schedules in the nfl and yet rodgers still only got to 9-5. Romo has road wins in New orleans and philly this year and he would have beaten the chargers if ware did not get hurt.

Rodgers is not much better than romo stat wise. but romo wins 2 games for every loss while rodgers wins 1 for every loss. This is a league all about winning and romo wins more games and he wins bigger games.

Rodgers lost twice to the vikes this year.

Romo has bigger wins, a better december this year and he has to work with lesser wrs. Rodgers has two studs and romo is just now working with miles austin and roy is a bust,

Greenbay has one of the easies schedules in the nfl and yet rodgers still only got to 9-5. Romo has road wins in New orleans and philly this year and he would have beaten the chargers if ware did not get hurt.

Rodgers is not much better than romo stat wise. but romo wins 2 games for every loss while rodgers wins 1 for every loss. This is a league all about winning and romo wins more games and he wins bigger games.

Rodgers lost twice to the vikes this year.

One of those 9 wins came against who again?

BTW....scoreboard on the poll too.

Even with all of your alias accounts...the poll still says Rodgers.

Romo lost twice to the Giants this year...remind me which of those two teams has a better record?

One of those 9 wins came against who again?

BTW....scoreboard on the poll too.

Even with all of your alias accounts...the poll still says Rodgers.

Romo lost twice to the Giants this year...remind me which of those two teams has a better record?

I am not saying rodgers sucks..... he is top ten, but romo is top 5. Also, the packers and A Rod have easy wins this year. two against the lions, two bears, a browns, a rams and rodgers lost twice to a 40 year old qb

6 of his 9 wins were against bottom dwellers.

I am not saying rodgers sucks..... he is top ten, but romo is top 5. Also, the packers and A Rod have easy wins this year. two against the lions, two bears, a browns, a rams and rodgers lost twice to a 40 year old qb

Rodgers is top 5...and better than Romo...and its obvious that most agree outside of Cowboys fans.

Yup, they had that easy win against the Cowboys alright.

BTW...on the other site...its now 51-13 in favor of Rodgers...better get over there and register your 20 names to make it close.

dude, romo as a top 5 QB? wtf are you smoking?!

I don't like Romo and don't particularly like Rodgers, but Tony did bang Jessica Simpson when she was a hottie so he gets my vote just for that reason.

...based on football though, exclusively? Rodgers, hands down.

Romo's 2007 season was better than anything Rodgers has put together and Romo has led his team to the playoffs in 2 out of his first 3 seasons as a starter in a tougher division. If he wins his next 2 games he will have won the NFC East in 2 out of 4 seasons as a starter.

Romo's 2007 season was better than anything Rodgers has put together and Romo has led his team to the playoffs in 2 out of his first 3 seasons as a starter in a tougher division. If he wins his next 2 games he will have won the NFC East in 2 out of 4 seasons as a starter.

Wow...you copy and pasted that from the link I posted and want to pass it off as your own?

And even that was wrong. Rodgers will pass Romo in every category except TDs from his 2007. So not really any better now is it?

But now you are resorting to stealing someone else's argument?

Wow...you have sunk to a new low troll.

Rodgers current season, only his second, will be better than Romo's 2007 season.

Romo is on a much more talented team resulting in playoff births. How many playoff games has romo won? how many has he single handedly lost?

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...&p=11285736

Thief.