Sign in to follow this  
dollaMite

Tecmo Bowl

I just remember thinking that was the greatest game ever. There's other classics. Can't think of any right now. Time just flies by.

Does anybody got any others?

was Tecmo where Bo Jackson was unfreakingstoppable???

or was that the one where there was one freaking unstoppable play???

or was that the one where there was one freaking unstoppable play???

Tecmo Bowl 1, Bo Jackson was unstoppable. I think there were only like 8 teams in the game.

Tecmo Bowl 2 had all the teams. I liked it a lot better. The Atlanta Falcons were the best kept secret in the game. Mike Rozier and Andre Rison were tough on O, and they were impossible to pass against w/ Deion. San Fran had a post pattern to Rice that was unstoppable. Man I miss that game! I won a lot of beer money from that and RBI Baseball!

Me and a buddy in college played that game almost every day for like 3 months in college. Got to a point where if you scored a touchdown you were doing something big......we knew every formation, etc.

Great game though....and i agree....the second one was better

Tecmo Bowl 1, Bo Jackson was unstoppable. I think there were only like 8 teams in the game.

Tecmo Bowl 2 had all the teams. I liked it a lot better. The Atlanta Falcons were the best kept secret in the game. Mike Rozier and Andre Rison were tough on O, and they were impossible to pass against w/ Deion. San Fran had a post pattern to Rice that was unstoppable. Man I miss that game! I won a lot of beer money from that and RBI Baseball!

RBI baseball was sweet! remember Baseball Stars for Nintendo? another fun game from yesteryear.

The was Tecmo Bowl and Super Tecmo Bowl.

In super tecmo there were a couple unstoppable plays: nose tackle for GB Brian Noble, down, dive, sack every time. Bronco's had a tight end crossing route that you could complete everytime even if the play was called. I think Barry was the best in super tecmo, basically run all the way down, get stopped, run the QB back for a 80 yard loss, run Barry again for 80 yards, take another qb loss, etc, etc. End up with 400 yards in a game.

Tecmo Super Bowl was the best sports game of all-time (comparing replayability/enjoyment of the game in it's time to any other game). :mellow:

I'm pretty sure it was Super Tecmo Bowl where Bo Jackson was so good.

Actually, it was Christian Okoye... I had a friend who managed to get Okoye 1000 yards in the first game of the season....

Tecmo Super Bowl was the best sports game of all-time (comparing replayability/enjoyment of the game in it's time to any other game). ;)

I don't care what new games/or technology comes out. This was by far the greatest game ever made.

:pointstosky:

I remember we had 3 or 4 buddies get together on the weekend when we were in high school and played Tecmo Super Bowl all night. It was so dang competitive. We would try to play a full season over a weekend. Sweet game. Not much defense unless you call the right play. I still remember it like it was yesterday. No game can compare today.

On Super Tecmo Bowl on Sega, the defense had more of an advantage. I could get my top LB 100+ sacks in a season.

I used to play single games against any team that ran the flea flicker and score 100+ points in a game. Just call a certain run play every down on defense, then rush the OLB over the top. That would shut down most of the offense. When they ran the FF, just hit the QB and the RB would try to pitch it back to him anyway, usually a fumble.

I played one season without running a play on offense. Every time I got the ball, I would punt or kick a FG. Made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Our Super Tecmo Bowl league, started Thursday nights after closing the bar in college. We would complete an entire season by Sunday, all the while smoking down and drinking beer. Great times, I can't believe I graduated college. :pointstosky:

Remember playing Tecmo Bowl as a kid for regular Nintendo. Would run Walter Payton every play and it would never fail! Loved that game as well as Little League Baseball and original Mario Bros/Duck Hunt.

Those were the days...

Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES is the best video game of all time. Still play it when I can get it to work.

Here is my Tecmo All-Pro Team:

QB: Joe Montana

RB: Bo Jackson

FB: Tom Rathman

WR: Jerry Rice

WR: Andre Rison

TE: Keith Jackson

DE: Bruce Smith

DT: Bob Nelson

DE: Reggie White

OLB: LT

MLB: Mike Singletary

MLB: Keith Millard

OLB: Derrick Thomas

CB: Prime Time

SS: David Fulcher

FS: Mark Carrier

CB: Rod Woodson

KR/PR: Dave Megget

Used to be .... Phoenix had the worst offense. And you could just blitz LT all day long ...couldn't stop him.

Somwhere I have a Polaroaid. Final score:

Giantss: 129

Phoenix: 3

It was fun, but also so broken the way you could just call that swing pass to the bottom of the TV screen and run for a TD every single time.

For those who want to take a stroll down memory lane. Here you go:

http://nintendo8.com/game/321/tecmo_super_bowl/

That's awesome - just went into my favorites. :(

Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES is the best video game of all time. Still play it when I can get it to work.

Here is my Tecmo All-Pro Team:

QB: Joe Montana

RB: Bo Jackson

FB: Tom Rathman

WR: Jerry Rice

WR: Andre Rison

TE: Keith Jackson

DE: Bruce Smith

DT: Bob Nelson

DE: Reggie White

OLB: LT

MLB: Mike Singletary

MLB: Keith Millard

OLB: Derrick Thomas

CB: Prime Time

SS: David Fulcher

FS: Mark Carrier

CB: Rod Woodson

KR/PR: Dave Megget

And LT was impossible to stop on field goals and extra points.

house...

door....

face....

wife and kids....

steal your Super Tecmo Bowl...

Lol....niiiiiiiccceee

although i can't see it from work (saw it the other day), the really impressive part of that is that Bo ran 1 play that took the entire 1st quarter. i think he ran about 800 yrds on that one play.

Perhaps this is the thread I need to see. My buddy and I were working on setting up the first ever Tecmo Super Bowl Fantasy Football League. We have a blog setup to post results, but never got more than 5 people interested from all the facebook spamming we did trying to recruit.

Basically you'll draft a roster of 9 positions (2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K) with PPR and decimal scoring. I'll do all of the results work on my Wii, simming and recording results (and then posting them each week). We'll play head to head to make it a little more crazy and fun.

Obviously this isn't for the casual fan of Tecmo. You need to have a pretty detailed knowledge of the rosters and what players you would actually want on your team. Although I'll admit, I have a giant list of rankings compiled by gamefaqs that I'll distribute to any owner who wants it.

Drop a message here if you're interested. It won't take any work other than one night of drafting.

Oh, and here's the blog: http://tecmofantasy.blogspot.com/

I think it was that square end across the middle, deep to Rice that was unstoppable.

Me and a buddy in college played that game almost every day for like 3 months in college. Got to a point where if you scored a touchdown you were doing something big......we knew every formation, etc.

Great game though....and i agree....the second one was better

I failed out of college because of Tecmo Bowl...ended up finshing at a different place, though. ..had to get away from all the shenanigans.

I think it was that square end across the middle, deep to Rice that was unstoppable.

Well that bootleg to the bottom of the screen and then just bomb it to Rice worked about every time too...because he would either jump up 20 feet and grab it or he would make the diving catch......it was almost impossible to stop.

I always used philadelphia with Randall. He was a beast and you could run the qb draw to the top of the screen or out of the same formation bomb away. And the defense was nasty.

Well that bootleg to the bottom of the screen and then just bomb it to Rice worked about every time too...because he would either jump up 20 feet and grab it or he would make the diving catch......it was almost impossible to stop.

I always used philadelphia with Randall. He was a beast and you could run the qb draw to the top of the screen or out of the same formation bomb away. And the defense was nasty.

wonder if bo jackson (in his prime) would be a good player if he played in the NFL now?

wonder if bo jackson (in his prime) would be a good player if he played in the NFL now?

Bo Jackson would be good in ANY period of football. Had that hip injury not killed his career he would likely have been the greatest all around athlete of our generation. Dude was bigger than Adrian Peterson, ran just as angry, and reportedly ran a FREAKIN 4.12 40 at the combine, at 6'1" and 225-230 lbs!!! (and didn't fumble). People make a big deal of Chris Johnson's 4.24, but he's 30 freakin lbs lighter. Unofficially, some say Bo ran 3.9 in the 40 at Auburn, that one I don't buy, regardless...those are mind numbing numbers.