Sign in to follow this  
atlbkk03

so long Fantasy Football...

My season ended last week when my supposedly best team in the league (Brees, AP, Benson, Ricky, Moss, Wayne, Ochocinco, Gates) lost to a much weaker team that decided to start Jeorme Harrison and Josh Cribbs who combined for over 70 points... I thought this will be the year I could cruise to the trophy quite easily.

Next year I will be moving back to a country where the term "football" means a game of 11 players kicking a rounded ball with only one guy who can use his hands. I can't see many people I know there would be interested in a Fantasy "American" Football. So, this year is quite possibly my last playing FF. It's a sad ending for me... a guy who barely knew "American" football 5 years ago when I first came to the US. THanks to my FF-obsessed roommates, I got dragged into this game and found it to be soooo much fun. It's so fun that I spent a lot of my free time doing research on players and etc. The hard works resulted in one championship and a couple of third place finishes in a pretty competitive league in my department at school.

Thanks you Fantasy Football. I will miss you.. :thumbsdown:

My season ended last week when my supposedly best team in the league (Brees, AP, Benson, Ricky, Moss, Wayne, Ochocinco, Gates) lost to a much weaker team that decided to start Jeorme Harrison and Josh Cribbs who combined for over 70 points... I thought this will be the year I could cruise to the trophy quite easily.

Next year I will be moving back to a country where the term "football" means a game of 11 players kicking a rounded ball with only one guy who can use his hands. I can't see many people I know there would be interested in a Fantasy "American" Football. So, this year is quite possibly my last playing FF. It's a sad ending for me... a guy who barely knew "American" football 5 years ago when I first came to the US. THanks to my FF-obsessed roommates, I got dragged into this game and found it to be soooo much fun. It's so fun that I spent a lot of my free time doing research on players and etc. The hard works resulted in one championship and a couple of third place finishes in a pretty competitive league in my department at school.

Thanks you Fantasy Football. I will miss you.. :dunno:

I think the world wide web is world wide now. :thumbsdown:

A guy that's been in my league for 5+ years has NEVER played living in the same state! This year he's playing from Iraq.

Air Force meteorologist.

:unsure:

Oh no! I forgot about the world-wide-web.. :)

No, really... It's not as fun playing with someone you don't know. Few things I most enjoyed while playing with close friends here are the ability to trash-talk each others in person... to discuss strategies/trades... all these elements aren't there in public leagues where team managers can be anywhere. Plus you don't know how many people will quit the league half way through the season in those public leagues.

Oh no! I forgot about the world-wide-web.. :)

No, really... It's not as fun playing with someone you don't know. Few things I most enjoyed while playing with close friends here are the ability to trash-talk each others in person... to discuss strategies/trades... all these elements aren't there in public leagues where team managers can be anywhere. Plus you don't know how many people will quit the league half way through the season in those public leagues.

I've heard they even have this thing called e-mail! And new cool stuff like text messages, IM, Facebook, all kinds of nifty gadgets for communication.

It's a small world after all!

i've only met 1 of the other 11 owners in my league. we started out as strangers 3 seasons ago and now many of us talk via email all the time

First of all, if you ended up with that team, your "department" at school must be special ed.

Second, stay in the league with the same guys. It's a good way to stay in touch. Just draft online and stuff.

First of all, if you ended up with that team, your "department" at school must be special ed.

Second, stay in the league with the same guys. It's a good way to stay in touch. Just draft online and stuff.

Come on, like we need another "if you ended up with this team let me in on your 6 teamer..."

Please, it's obvious. Yes we would all like to know how he got Wayne, ADP, and Brees and at what pick - but some leagues are STILL competitive and draft based on well, whatever - like the chick that drafted Cooley 2nd because he's her "homer" TE.

As for your giving it up, keep with it - just because you have to go back to "real fake let me act out another shin lashing to the ref that hates me" football doesn't mean you can't play FF! :)

When you get home...Punch yourself in the face in front of your mom and dad. HTH MUA itsatip

Hey Bro. Don't stop playing! I lived in San Diego for 4 seasons and drafted Fantasy Football and Baseball teams from a remote draft. It was just as fun and I've used Skype, IM and conference calls to make it happen.

Also I think you'd be amazed about how popular the NFL is and you can probably start a league in your hometown/country. Become the commish!

Finally, I love soccer/footie and while I don't love it as much as the NFL I've been to EPL games in London and they are awesome live! Enjoy.

Don't quit playing.

This is the issue. You lost a game you should have won.

HtH makes ff more exciting, but the true measure of a ff team's ability is the sum of total points over a season. If you had the most points, you had the best team. (Sometimes, a team is so dominant during the season that they can start making trades with an eye toward the playoffs, but this is hard in a league with savy owners.)

Take a few months off, drown your sorrows for a bit. But get ready to play again next August.

As some have already stated: FF is a great way to stay in touch, especially if you do not take it too seriously.

modern technology will allow you to move to any country on the globe...and still choke and lose at fantasy football.

no worries. :pointstosky:

Wow, Brees, Moss, AP and Wayne. Don't quit this 8 teamer! :thumbsdown:

It's a 12-teamer dude!!!

AP: I drafted second overall.

Wayne: I drafted at the tail of the second round.

Brees: I traded Favre+Austin for him.

Moss: I traded Jamaal Charles for him.

FF is not all about drafting well you know?.. smart WW pick up and creative trades can also give you a very strong team. If you really think I got all these players from the draft alone, it says how much novice you are.

:thumbsdown:

I thank all of you who encourage me to keep playing while I am on the other side of the world. I think I will give it a try. :thumbsdown: