Sign in to follow this  
dcOne

Favre

Looks like his leadership skills aren't what they used to be. He just couldn't git'r done.

ESPN was showing clips pregame where Favre was constantly running up to teammates and slapping them on the ass. And they weren't light little pats, he was hauling off on them. And it dawned on me that he is the obnoxious high school jock who never grew up. He's a 40 year old adolescent.

ESPN was showing clips pregame where Favre was constantly running up to teammates and slapping them on the ass. And they weren't light little pats, he was hauling off on them. And it dawned on me that he is the obnoxious high school jock who never grew up. He's a 40 year old adolescent.

I agree with this. I think it's what makes him so likable. He still has a youthful enthusiasm.

I agree with this. I think it's what makes him so likable. He still has a youthful enthusiasm.

Sure, youthful enthusiasm when it comes to joking around with his teammates but veteran, prima donna attitude when it comes to following his coach's orders or dictating what team he plays for.

Sure, youthful enthusiasm when it comes to joking around with his teammates but veteran, prima donna attitude when it comes to following his coach's orders or dictating what team he plays for.

Oh well. He's a top five all-time quarterback in the league and acts like it sometimes. How would Joe Montana have handled being taken out of a 7-6 game? The exact same way.

I just love the fact that he's having one of his best season ever. He is so far past his prime that it isn't funny and he's still a top quarterback. And he's having fun doing it. :pointstosky:

Oh well. He's a top five all-time quarterback in the league and acts like it sometimes. How would Joe Montana have handled being taken out of a 7-6 game? The exact same way.

I just love the fact that he's having one of his best season ever. He is so far past his prime that it isn't funny and he's still a top quarterback. And he's having fun doing it. :pointstosky:

Just the stats Jack!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...;seasonType=REG

i like the way people can blame AP's fumble lost the game, although it was a factor. Brett and the offense did NOTHING the first half of the game and that was their downfall. FUNK Brett most overrated QB of all time.

i like the way people can blame AP's fumble lost the game, although it was a factor. Brett and the offense did NOTHING the first half of the game and that was their downfall. FUNK Brett most overrated QB of all time.

Ignorance is bliss!

I just love the fact that he's having one of his best season ever. He is so far past his prime that it isn't funny and he's still a top quarterback. And he's having fun doing it. :shocking:

Just like P. Manning did.

330 YARDS, 2 TDs, 0 Ints.

Favre really sucked on Peterson's overtime fumble. :doublethumbsup:

What do stats have to do with anything?

He was probably hoping to slip a finger in one of their asses a'la RLLD.

Looks like his leadership skills aren't what they used to be. He just couldn't git'r done.

I think I know sarcasm when I see it. Yes?

I'm a Vikings fan and haven't been a Favre fan from the start. However, the loss was not his fault last night. The play calling was absolutely ridiculous and has been all season. Oh yes, let's run it right up the gut when everyone and their MOM knows you're going to do it (including the Chicago defense). Awesome call. Yes, let's throw it deep when that hasn't worked all game, nice! They'd been having success with crossing patterns over the middle due to the zone defense Chicago was playing, but our idiot coaching staff doesn't GET IT. I wish they'd just LET Brett call the plays. I bet he'd do a better job, and I don't even like him!

I'm a Vikings fan and haven't been a Favre fan from the start. However, the loss was not his fault last night. The play calling was absolutely ridiculous and has been all season. Oh yes, let's run it right up the gut when everyone and their MOM knows you're going to do it (including the Chicago defense). Awesome call. Yes, let's throw it deep when that hasn't worked all game, nice! They'd been having success with crossing patterns over the middle due to the zone defense Chicago was playing, but our idiot coaching staff doesn't GET IT. I wish they'd just LET Brett call the plays. I bet he'd do a better job, and I don't even like him!

I have no idea what goes on inside a player's mind, but it almost looked to me like Favre was being spiteful and just going along with the sideline calls, knowing that the runs would keep getting stuffed. All the talk last week about Favre audibling too much probably pissed him off enough to teach them a lesson about who knows offensive football and who doesn't.

Really? Are you watching the same league as everyone else? And are you a Vike's fan?

This is the way I see it... Minnesota had tons of talent on both sides of the ball but lacked a QB to make it work. In steps Favre, who, despite recently losing popularity with many fans (including me), proves he can produce at 40 and makes the Vike's a legitimate SB contender. Injuries on defense and some major special team breakdowns cost them on Monday night.

Favre (hate him or not) has made that team better. If you don't believe me, check Wikipedia for "Rice, Sidney".

Really? Are you watching the same league as everyone else? And are you a Vike's fan?

This is the way I see it... Minnesota had tons of talent on both sides of the ball but lacked a QB to make it work. In steps Favre, who, despite recently losing popularity with many fans (including me), proves he can produce at 40 and makes the Vike's a legitimate SB contender. Injuries on defense and some major special team breakdowns cost them on Monday night.

Favre (hate him or not) has made that team better. If you don't believe me, check Wikipedia for "Rice, Sidney".

So doing nothing in the first half and Favre fumbling untouched did not cost them Monday night?

Right now...if they win, they are 2 games better than last year. If they lose, just 1 game better.

And they had an easier schedule this year than last.

How much better "he" has really made them is debatable.

So doing nothing in the first half and Favre fumbling untouched did not cost them Monday night?

Right now...if they win, they are 2 games better than last year. If they lose, just 1 game better.

And they had an easier schedule this year than last.

How much better "he" has really made them is debatable.

I expect an impartial opinion from a bitter Packer fan :overhead:

Many QBs turn the ball over. (See Cutler, Jay) OK, so he put the ball on the ground in freezing weather conditions. He also brought them back, twice actually, and can obviously still play a lot better than the flotsam and jetsam we've seen at QB in the NFL lately, and especially in Minnesota.

I think he makes that team multi-dimensional and better overall. At least good enough to beat the Packers twice.

I expect an impartial opinion from a bitter Packer fan :overhead:

Many QBs turn the ball over. (See Cutler, Jay) OK, so he put the ball on the ground in freezing weather conditions. He also brought them back, twice actually, and can obviously still play a lot better than the flotsam and jetsam we've seen at QB in the NFL lately, and especially in Minnesota.

I think he makes that team multi-dimensional and better overall. At least good enough to beat the Packers twice.

Whats not impartial about their record barely being better despite a pretty easy schedule.

ETA...2009 Winning % of opponents is .426.

2008 it was .504

And the fact that they did not score a point in the first half, and he did fumble without being touched.

Brought them back? Awesome...perhaps they should not have been down so much to an crapass team like the Bears in the first place.

Sure, he is better than what you all had at QB. Does it mean he really made the "TEAM" that much better?

Whats not impartial about their record barely being better despite a pretty easy schedule.

ETA...2009 Winning % of opponents is .426.

2008 it was .504

And the fact that they did not score a point in the first half, and he did fumble without being touched.

Brought them back? Awesome...perhaps they should not have been down so much to an crapass team like the Bears in the first place.

Sure, he is better than what you all had at QB. Does it mean he really made the "TEAM" that much better?

Let's say they win this week and finish at 12-4... You can say it's "only an improvement of 2 wins" but that is skewing things a bit, no? Two additional wins for a team already in double digits is nothing to sneeze at.

They've already scored 47 more points than last year with a game left, that's probably a 15-20% improvement over last year.

They lost on Monday because they couldn't convert an extra point, couldn't play special teams (200+ yards in kick returns), Peterson holds the ball too far from his body and their defensive injuries have caught up to them.

If you want to blame it all on Favre, feel free.

There's no question that AP is a major bobblehands. However, I don't see how the loss can be blamed on any Vikings offensive player.

The defense allowed 36 points to an offense that has struggled all season. You don't win many games in the NFL by "holding" your opponent to 36. The MN defense needs to get it together in a hurry. MN will face a motivated NY team next Sunday. That motivation will rapidly dissipate if the Norsemen can open up a big lead, but if the defense can't hold it, the Vikings could go down again. The offense, despite its mistakes, played well enough to beat the Bears.

Let's say they win this week and finish at 12-4... You can say it's "only an improvement of 2 wins" but that is skewing things a bit, no? Two additional wins for a team already in double digits is nothing to sneeze at.

They've already scored 47 more points than last year with a game left, that's probably a 15-20% improvement over last year.

They lost on Monday because they couldn't convert an extra point, couldn't play special teams (200+ yards in kick returns), Peterson holds the ball too far from his body and their defensive injuries have caught up to them.

If you want to blame it all on Favre, feel free.

A. Skewing things? No...its the fact that they won 2 more games this year than last year and had a statistically easier schedule. They added Favre and a few other pieces that made a difference including Harvin.

B. That is a nice improvement and Favre is a big part of that...so is Harvin and his returns.

C. They lost on Monday because of many things...and Favre was a part of it.

Where did i ever say blame it all on Favre? i just don't agree with absolving him of everything given how poorly the offense that he guides played in the first half and he did, in fact, turn the ball over.

I don't see how the loss can be blamed on any Vikings offensive player.

0 points in the first half is not the offenses fault?

Wouldn't have been so bad if the defense hadn't surrendered 16.

:thumbsdown:

And it's one thing to lose to Arizona...they're a good team....but to lose to Carolina and Chicago...both of whom have nothing to play for is embarrasing. Sure, there's lots of blame to go around for the losses...Favre turning the ball over....the O-line sucking...AD coughing it up....BB can't catch....sucktastic secondary...all those are contributing factors. But the fact that the Vikes looked listless, disinterested....flat....that reeks of poor coaching. Look to Childress for the cascade of fail the Purple have had to endure the past month.

The Steelers only ran 4 plays in the entire 3rd quarter and scored only 3 points in the 2nd half. Sometimes games just go that way... If the Vikings don't blow an extra point, maybe Fave is a hero.

If a team went from 13-3 to 15-1 would you downplay the season by saying they only won two more games? Of course not. Big difference between "2 more wins" when the baseline number is already high.

Favre has completed 67% of his passes this season; should throw for more than 4,000 yards and has 29 TDs against 7 Interceptions for a rating of 104. I'm not much for QB ratings but - if that holds up - it will be the highest of his career.

Favre made Childress look like a complete and total rank amateur on national television. I can honestly say as one of the Viking fools on this bored that Monday night was my favorite game of the year, hands down.

Favre had a terrible first half and an excellent 2nd half. The reasons the Vikings lost the game were their defense and AP's fumble, in that order. 30 points against Chicago should win you every game.

The Bears came up with an uncharacteristic huge effort and played with heart for the first time all year. They were a mash unit throughout and kept coming. Where the Vikes were beat most was on the oline. The Bears got pressure all night with just the front 4 and that makes a defence work across the board. The defence also had very little pressure on Cutler most of the night and that allowed Cutler the time to play well and torch them for 4 Td passes - this was with Hester and Knox out.

DA lit up the secondary for 150. He was open short all night and then burned the CB deep on the winning play. The special teams for Minn were awful. The missed point is one thing, but the returns were the real issue.

I also agree that Childress is a problem. It was so obvious to the viewer that the spread offence and underneath passes were working and the way to go. He doesnt seem to see that. Thye should be a pass first team and work AD in on draws.

Overall, Favre had the fumble and should have been picked off 2 or 3 times in the 2nd half with errant or tipped throws. Overall though, he is far down the list as far as reasons that they lost. More than anything, the Bears came to play and Minn didn't.

Wouldn't have been so bad if the defense hadn't surrendered 16.

:overhead:

And it's one thing to lose to Arizona...they're a good team....but to lose to Carolina and Chicago...both of whom have nothing to play for is embarrasing. Sure, there's lots of blame to go around for the losses...Favre turning the ball over....the O-line sucking...AD coughing it up....BB can't catch....sucktastic secondary...all those are contributing factors. But the fact that the Vikes looked listless, disinterested....flat....that reeks of poor coaching. Look to Childress for the cascade of fail the Purple have had to endure the past month.

Well...had the offense moved the ball more than 67 yards in the first half...perhaps the defense would not have been on the field so damn much.

I agree there is a lot of blame to go around...which is what I am saying...absolving Favre completely given that first half is just plain ignorant.

The Steelers only ran 4 plays in the entire 3rd quarter and scored only 3 points in the 2nd half. Sometimes games just go that way... If the Vikings don't blow an extra point, maybe Fave is a hero.

If a team went from 13-3 to 15-1 would you downplay the season by saying they only won two more games? Of course not. Big difference between "2 more wins" when the baseline number is already high.

Favre has completed 67% of his passes this season; should throw for more than 4,000 yards and has 29 TDs against 7 Interceptions for a rating of 104. I'm not much for QB ratings but - if that holds up - it will be the highest of his career.

What the crap do the Steelers have to do with anything?

0 points and 67 yards in the first half. How in the flying fock is some of that not the QB's fault?

10-6 to 12-4 (maybe) is not the same as the jump from 13-3 to 15-1. And when you take schedule into consideration...the jump is really not that big.

Favre has done that. Meanwhile ADP has dropped from 1760 yards to 1329 yards. Project him for 100 yards this weekend and you still get over a 200 yard difference and a decent drop in yards per carry. More TDs though.

Favre opened up some things...but I kept hearing how much more Peterson could do when teams could not just focus on him....but nobody is seeing it.

Is it all the line? Is it all Peterson? Or is some of it the focus is more on Favre now?

Putting up better stats is not the same thing as making the "TEAM" better(notice the quotes and caps around that word for emphasis).

Favre made Childress look like a complete and total rank amateur on national television. I can honestly say as one of the Viking fools on this bored that Monday night was my favorite game of the year, hands down.

Wow...your favorite night was a loss to the Bears because your QB who won't be around anymore made your coach look dumb (in your opinion)...and that coach will be around next year?

Odd.

Id think the wins over Green Bay...or SF...or some of the bigger games that were won would mean more than a loss to a crappy team and division rival like the Bears.

Pretty sad.

I have no idea what goes on inside a player's mind, but it almost looked to me like Favre was being spiteful and just going along with the sideline calls, knowing that the runs would keep getting stuffed. All the talk last week about Favre audibling too much probably pissed him off enough to teach them a lesson about who knows offensive football and who doesn't.

I agree with this. However, I do believe that both Chilly's and Favre's obtuseness and lack of tact in navigating this potentially morale damaging confrontation issue spell trouble for the Vikings chances in the playoffs.

I put the blame on Minnesota organization.

Anyone with half a brain would realize that Brad never deserved the extension. Brett Favre made the team tolerable, not Childress. You do not award contract extensions to coaches in the middle of the season, especially if their play calling has been questionable. Brad holds a .500 combined record average for the past three seasons. Would anyone with any common sense actually think this is worth the extra money and the extra time?

Zygi also thinks he deserves a new stadium here. I'll tell you this, his "over the top" proposals definitely do not hold their ground with his idiotic tendencies (i.e. coach contract) and half the state believes Brad's an idiot anyway. Minnesota is cursed indefinitely. They had Mike Tomlin as the defense coach, and he leaves to win a Super Bowl. Now Leslie Frazier is going to be the next one to leave only to be more or just as successful as Childress. Minnesota breeds success, but it never gets it done here. Yeah, I'm looking at you Kevin Garnett, Mike Tomlin, Randy Moss, etc.

Wow...your favorite night was a loss to the Bears because your QB who won't be around anymore made your coach look dumb (in your opinion)...and that coach will be around next year?

Odd.

Id think the wins over Green Bay...or SF...or some of the bigger games that were won would mean more than a loss to a crappy team and division rival like the Bears.

Pretty sad.

Favre destroying your teams defense twice obviously is more enjoyable but getting this type of response from a Packer fan makes that post worthwhile.

Given that most Packer fans don't actually know anything about the game of football, that doesn't surprise me. You guys certainly know who wears what number and that you sell out every game no matter what and you won 10 championships in the 40s and 50s when there were 12 teams in the league though so that is more than good enough. You also believe that having Aaron Rodgers on your team despite weaknesses almost everywhere else means your team has a plan and will win for the next 15 years. Brillant. Toss out your 4 jerseys and buy 12 jerseys. All is good now.

You guys are even too stupid to realize you lost Harris and Kampman and when you get into the playoffs are going to have 400 yards thrown against you by nearly every offense in the NFC roster and have no shot.

And your coach is almost as crappy as ours yet you have Aaron Rodgers so don't worry about it, drink some beer without a shirt on when its 40 below and think positive. It will all work out in the end because our team won one Super Bowl in the last 40 years and yours didn't. We get it.

Favre destroying your teams defense twice obviously is more enjoyable but getting this type of response from a Packer fan makes that post worthwhile.

Given that most Packer fans don't actually know anything about the game of football, that doesn't surprise me. You guys certainly know who wears what number and that you sell out every game no matter what and you won 10 championships in the 40s and 50s when there were 12 teams in the league though so that is more than good enough. You also believe that having Aaron Rodgers on your team despite weaknesses almost everywhere else means your team has a plan and will win for the next 15 years. Brillant. Toss out your 4 jerseys and buy 12 jerseys. All is good now.

You guys are even too stupid to realize you lost Harris and Kampman and when you get into the playoffs are going to have 400 yards thrown against you by nearly every offense in the NFC roster and have no shot.

And your coach is almost as crappy as ours yet you have Aaron Rodgers so don't worry about it, drink some beer without a shirt on when its 40 below and think positive. It will all work out in the end because our team won one Super Bowl in the last 40 years and yours didn't. We get it.

Wow. Quite a tirade there. For good reason Packer fans are excited about Aaron Rodgers. He's one of the best up and coming QB's in the league, and that's a nice thing to have for any team. Certainly most people would rather have that than a QB 15 years older. Now does this make the team good for the next 15 years? No but it certainly helps. It's the most important position on the field, and the most difficult one to fill with quality talent. Just ask the Vikes....yet again, they had to grab one of Green Bay's leftovers. Just as people like to say how funny it is that Packer fans are bitter over Brett....I think it's equally funny that Vikes fans have no problem supporting a guy they hated for 15 years, and who is only on their team to get revenge against his old one. Keep wearing that # 4 jersey though...I'm quite happy with my #12

As far as the Packers having weaknesses everywhere else? That's a bit of a stretch....I mean, they're a 10-5 playoff team, and the youngest in the league. They have to be doing something right. Alot of that young talent will only improve in years to come. Perhaps that, and not only Aaron Rodgers, is why Packer fans are optimistic about the future. You are correct about Aaron Kampman and Harris being gone hurting the defense. But as stated earlier, young talent on this team has stepped up. Brad Jones, a rookie, has played quite well. Many say better than Kampman. Al Harris hurts obviously. However Tramon Williams has also played well. What hurts more, is the fact that now guys who normally don't play are in the nickel and dime defenses. I will agree with you...that could spell the end for Green Bay in the playoffs. Their pass defense is suspect, and will be exploited by some of these great NFC passing offenses. Good thing they have a damn good quarterback who can keep them in games if the defense struggles. It'll be nice to have that for the next decade or so...but all is well in Minnesota. You have that too...well, at least for this year. Maybe next year too....maybe. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. We should know by April....or May. June at the latest. Unless it's July. Worst case scenario, Brett let's you guys know by August. Unfortunately for the Vikes, you don't have a guy like Aaron Rodgers waiting to take over in case Brett finally makes up his mind and retires...oh no wait, you've got Tavaris. Unless Brett unretires....again

I came into this season stating that I wanted Brett to walk into Lambeau and hand it to McCarthy and Thompson. Then I posted that justice was served! I want Brett to continue playing well. It is fun to watch. His second half performance last week was great! He was on a mission. I am really lost in my feelings right now. I want Brett to do well and get another ring, but i am a Packer Fan. If they meet again, I just don't see Brett being able to shred them again.