Sign in to follow this  
Mr Anonymous

Anyone wanna give me a recap of the last 5 or so years on the Geek bored?

And not being the village idiot has never been really high on your list. But its ok. Every community needs a retard that thinks he is funny and smart. You just happen to be ours.

Ah, back to that are we? Cool.

So, you make the same charge again without anything to substantiate it.

Ah, back to that are we? Cool.

So, you make the same charge again without anything to substantiate it.

your longstanding mental retardation aside?

One would thnk if you wanted at least some credibility you would include a link to where I was wrong on one of my political predictions.

you predicted that Obama would not even be the democrats nomination.

I think it's totallyfuckingawesome how your medical-education induced godlike complex is taking hold.

I think it's totallyfuckingawesome how your medical-education induced godlike complex is taking hold.

What's godlike about calling out rp again?

torridfro said being here illegally isn't a crime, and got so much flack for it he ended up leaving.

It was pretty funny at the time but driving him off turned out to be a mistake. He was our one true flaming liberal. The rest of us are just non-conservatives.

Yeah, what's up with that. Did he get busted for running an illegal gambling operation?

Strumey: :thumbsup: :unsure:

---------------

Failed gambling venture leads to criminal securities fraud charges

May 31, 2009 - 9:02 PM

By JEREMY ROEBUCK, The Monitor

EDINBURG - About a dozen Mission-area investors bet the house four years ago on what sounded like a foolproof venture.

But because the developers of an online gambling Web site failed to disclose the true risks, the investors ended up losing their shirts, the Texas State Securities Board said this week.

An Hidalgo County grand jury indicted Martin Graham Tyson Sr. and his son, Martin Jr. - heads of the Marble Falls, Texas-based Panorama Global Realty Group - last month on securities fraud charges, alleging they misled the backers of their online poker business.

The father-son duo allegedly failed to inform investors of an ongoing civil fraud suit against their company, a state investigation into investment advisers working on their behalf and legislation then making its way through Congress that would ban online gambling altogether.

In all, the mostly middle-aged backers lost close to $300,000 in the venture, according to a two-count indictment filed in the case.

"You've got to disclose what you're doing with the money and then follow through with it," said Robert Elder, spokesman for the state securities board. "Otherwise, it's a criminal offense."

Prosecutors allege that the Tysons first approached the investors in 2005 with a plan to develop LetsPoker.com, a Web site that would allow U.S. citizens to play for winnings over the Internet.

Working through intermediaries, they convinced the 13 men and women to hand over sums as large as $20,000 to fund development on the site.

But Panorama later spent those funds on purposes other than those originally promised, the indictment states. Some of the funds allegedly went to pay commission fees to the Tysons, while others were funneled into another company helmed by Tyson Jr.

To make matters worse, federal lawmakers were already well into negotiations that would prohibit U.S. credit card and bank companies from making payments to online gambling sites at the time Mission investors were first approached.

Larry Dowling, an Austin-based attorney who has previously represented the men, said, however, that a preliminary version of LetsPoker.com was launched before Congress officially passed that ban in October 2006.

"It was generating revenue," he said. "At the time that it was shut down, it certainly wasn't the leading gambling site, but it had prospects."

Enforcement officers with the state securities board began investigating Panorama in 2005 and in December of that year raided the office of Richard A. Taff - an investment adviser working for the company in the Valley.

Taff has since pleaded guilty to selling securities without a license and is currently serving a sentence of six years probation.

Tyson Sr. and his son were arraigned Wednesday in state district court. Dressed in dark suits and ties, the men were handcuffed, taken into custody and placed in the jury box with other inmates clad in jail-issue orange jumpsuits after entering their not guilty pleas.

Both were released later that day on personal recognizance bonds. If convicted, the father and son could face up to life in prison.

I made a stunning transition from the future of this place to the present. Sadly, few here share my incredible abilities. I realized you can't argue with the political retards and those remaining are content in making the same tired jokes. Plus, I went to college and had less free time to just sit and post. The bored has steadily declined in my absence. And it wasn't exactly in great condition to begin with. :bandana:

We also forgot Phillybear's fake attempt to die, the Curly Night Fund, the Fish Forum Jihad, and guy who pretended to be "real" NFL player. What was the guy's name? I vaguely remember that epic thread.

You may be correct on that one. Even I can't comprehend the idiocy of the Demwit party 100% of the time.

One would thnk if you wanted at least some credibility you would include a link to where I was wrong on one of my political predictions.

Perfect example of the type of douche-a-bag that has soiled this board w/ political BS and garbage and taken much of the hilarity from the masses. There are a few others as well :dunno:

You may be correct on that one. Even I can't comprehend the idiocy of the Demwit party 100% of the time.

I can't comprehend anyone claiming that each and every Politial prediction that they have made has come true when they know it is not true. You do realize that there is a search function here that anyone can use to call you out on your lies?

I have NEVER been banned from FFToday.

:thumbsdown:

I dunno. I just felt like posting that.

:angry:

I can't comprehend anyone claiming that each and every Politial prediction that they have made has come true when they know it is not true. You do realize that there is a search function here that anyone can use to call you out on your lies?

He is the village idiot. Of course he doesn't realize it.

What about QLazzarus? Did anyone mention him and his ability to run off with a bunch of your guys' money?

There's work to be done then.

As for the sanctuary, that was right around the time I stopped checking in here. I was an early member of the sanctuary but I think I fell out of favor there after the Geek bored vs. Main bored fantasy challenge. I outed myself as "buck" at the end of it when we had lost and I think they wanted it kept a secret longer. It's a long story but essentially I used a old hacked username to become a member of the Main bored's secret sanctuary while actually participating on the Geek bored side. Amazingly we lost even though I was able to tip our side off to the Main bored's lineups in advance of unveiling each week.

:pointstosky:

sawilson did 60 days in jail.

edjr got sued.

spider got married.

stc got married.

addict doesn't post nude pics anymore.

~mujack

My original post was meant as a joke, which is why I put a big ol' :wub: at the top. Once Kilroy started in on the village idiot stuff I simply said he would have some credibility if he could show where I have been wrong.........so far he hasn't.

I really don't know if I ever claimed Obama wouldn't get the nomination or not..........why don't you use that search function and look it up.

Once Kilroy started in on the village idiot stuff I simply said he would have some credibility if he could show where I have been wrong.........so far he hasn't.

Nor will I. 1st I am not taking my time to search your retarded posts and 2nd Im not wasting my time to find all your dumbass predictions that didnt come true and 3rd and finally everyone knows you are a moron. I dont need your old posts to show that to them. HTH......moron.

My original post was meant as a joke, which is why I put a big ol' :wub: at the top. Once Kilroy started in on the village idiot stuff I simply said he would have some credibility if he could show where I have been wrong.........so far he hasn't.

I really don't know if I ever claimed Obama wouldn't get the nomination or not..........why don't you use that search function and look it up.

Its always "a joke" or "i made you jump through hoops" when you are proven wrong. I wasn't even going to say anything until you started asking kilroy to prove his credibility. It was such an easy one that I didn't even bother to provide the link of the post i found. But since you ask:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...redicted++obama

She isn't wasting any time when it comes to eliminating Obama from the picture. I predicted he would fizzle early in the "Obama love-fest" thread a while back, and it looks like Hitlery will flame him out now.

I was curious about this (about who was a cockbite) so i searched and found the thread of his death. I could'nt bump it because it was closed. It was before my time here. But there were not a few posters who were cockbites. There was one. edjr. his posts were deleted (the only evidence of them were in others quoting him). Don't judge this bored by one poster.

I won't bother finding and rereading that thread, but it sounds like Edjr won on that occasion...for a change.

I pretty much can't be bothered to remember anything past the last 2 months.

But in that time, KSB claimed Tiger's car accident was a non story....Then he claimed the infidelity was a non story. Then he claimed he wouldn't lose any sponsors. Then he claimed any man would have done all the same things as Tiger.

Strumey: :doublethumbsup: :cheers:

---------------

EDINBURG - About a dozen Mission-area investors bet the house four years ago on what sounded like a foolproof venture.

But because the developers of an online gambling Web site failed to disclose the true risks, the investors ended up losing their shirts, the Texas State Securities Board said this week.

An Hidalgo County grand jury indicted Martin Graham Tyson Sr. and his son, Martin Jr. - heads of the Marble Falls, Texas-based Panorama Global Realty Group - last month on securities fraud charges, alleging they misled the backers of their online poker business.

The father-son duo allegedly failed to inform investors of an ongoing civil fraud suit against their company, a state investigation into investment advisers working on their behalf and legislation then making its way through Congress that would ban online gambling altogether.

In all, the mostly middle-aged backers lost close to $300,000 in the venture, according to a two-count indictment filed in the case.

"You've got to disclose what you're doing with the money and then follow through with it," said Robert Elder, spokesman for the state securities board. "Otherwise, it's a criminal offense."

Prosecutors allege that the Tysons first approached the investors in 2005 with a plan to develop LetsPoker.com, a Web site that would allow U.S. citizens to play for winnings over the Internet.

Working through intermediaries, they convinced the 13 men and women to hand over sums as large as $20,000 to fund development on the site.

But Panorama later spent those funds on purposes other than those originally promised, the indictment states. Some of the funds allegedly went to pay commission fees to the Tysons, while others were funneled into another company helmed by Tyson Jr.

To make matters worse, federal lawmakers were already well into negotiations that would prohibit U.S. credit card and bank companies from making payments to online gambling sites at the time Mission investors were first approached.

Larry Dowling, an Austin-based attorney who has previously represented the men, said, however, that a preliminary version of LetsPoker.com was launched before Congress officially passed that ban in October 2006.

"It was generating revenue," he said. "At the time that it was shut down, it certainly wasn't the leading gambling site, but it had prospects."

Enforcement officers with the state securities board began investigating Panorama in 2005 and in December of that year raided the office of Richard A. Taff - an investment adviser working for the company in the Valley.

Taff has since pleaded guilty to selling securities without a license and is currently serving a sentence of six years probation.

Tyson Sr. and his son were arraigned Wednesday in state district court. Dressed in dark suits and ties, the men were handcuffed, taken into custody and placed in the jury box with other inmates clad in jail-issue orange jumpsuits after entering their not guilty pleas.

Both were released later that day on personal recognizance bonds. If convicted, the father and son could face up to life in prison.

Uber Bummer Strumey.

My claim to fame will be a Let's Poker hat that I've never worn. :overhead:

Its always "a joke"
W

Whatever.

Putting a :music_guitarred: at the top of your post indicates a joke, to anyone with an IQ on the north side of a stump. And throw in the fact I said I have 'owned this bored since joining" when I mock those who use 'owned" and you have another huge clue I wasn't serious.

Not to mention that 95% (that's a wild estimate on my part so don't waste time categorizing each post to "prove me wrong") of the posts in this thread were of a joking nature. So, feel free to take my post literally and search high and low to prove it wrong if it makes you happy.............I'll continue to get a chuckle out of your obsession.

Strumey: :music_guitarred: :cheers:

---------------

Holyfuckingshit!!!!

I just assumed it had something to do with that gambling site.

I can't believe I missed this one. Was it posted here? Also, was he sentenced?

Daayyyummm!

Holyfuckingshit!!!!

I just assumed it had something to do with that gambling site.

I can't believe I missed this one. Was it posted here? Also, was he sentenced?

Daayyyummm!

Our resident crack reporter. ;)

Nothing gets by ol' Jimmy Olson. :)

I stopped posting.

but now that Anon is back, hmmm.....

We also forgot Phillybear's fake attempt to die, the Curly Night Fund, the Fish Forum Jihad, and guy who pretended to be "real" NFL player. What was the guy's name? I vaguely remember that epic thread.

If by "forgot" you mean "I'm too lazy of an ass to read any posts in this thread," then in that regard, things haven't changed that much. :thumbsdown:

WTF? I missed that one.

Why surprised? She was/is a drunk. Had a car accident probably under the influence.

Our resident crack reporter. :doh:

Nothing gets by ol' Jimmy Olson. :rolleyes:

Yeah, some guy whose real-life name I don't know gets busted in some city where the news doesn't travel outside that's city's boundaries, at least in terms of news services.

Yeah, I missed the boat on that one.

:rolleyes:

Well, there was one involving VikesNation and the other was supposedly the kicker for some East Coast NFL team or the Browns or something.

I get 'em all confused.

Also, can someone please update me on this sawilson drunken car crash?

TIA!

:rolleyes:

Speaking of sawilson, who can forget her relationship with big pete that went bust. He moved to WA state and lived with her a few months before she fell off the wagon. She now only hangs with other "recovering" alchys.

It was told she smooshed her car awhile back while driving drunk that landed her in jail. A couple geeks helped her get out.