Sign in to follow this  
BirdBradyBobbyOrr

Brady vs Manning

Peyton Manning is a great Quarterback. He's one of the greatest to ever play the game.

But I'll take Montana, Brady and Elway over him any day of the week!

How can any reasonable person that isn't biased and gives a fair consideration to both regular season and post season and Super Bowl performances not say "Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning?"

2002 Colts were pummeled by the Jets in the Wild Card game, 41–0, with Manning passing for only 137 yards

2003 AFC title game Manning was shut down by the New England Patriots top-ranked defense and posted the third lowest passer rating of his career at 35.5. The Patriots defense intercepted Manning four times and sacked him another four. Among these picks is an Interception returned for a touchdown by Ty Law

2004 Ended in Foxborough with a 20–3 loss against New England, when Manning recorded a season-low passer rating of 69.3

2005 Peyton throws and interception that would have ended the game against Pittsburgh but the refs blow the call. The NFL later admits they were wrong. Doesn't matter Manning in the end couldn't drive the Colts to a tie or win.

2009 Yesterday! Interception for a touchdown game over.

Peyton is 8-9 in the playoffs and 1-1 in SuperBowls.

It's not even a close argument anymore.

There is a reason why people are disgusted with Patriot fans. Today is the perfect example. It's not because yall's team is good, as you guys were non-factors this year. It's because yall are dooshbags. Plain and simple.

Elway was labeled a choker until Terrel Davis helped him win two SBs.

Tom Brady only had to gain 30-40 yards for his game winning drives.....Vinateri is more clutch than Brady.....Brady never threw a game winning score in the SB.

That's why Montana is heads and shoulders above all these other guys. He's a great QB.

And where's Roethlisberger? I think he's as clutch...or more so than Brady.

Manning >> Brady.......and it ain't even close.

Who cares? We have Tom Brady. We don't need your Peyton Manning ESPN, NATIONAL MEDIA love fests.

I know that I read this site all year and heard everybody say how Manning is soooooooo much better than Brady.

Facts are facts.

8-9 in the playoffs is NOT "THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME" It's not even top 3 of all time.

There is a reason why people are disgusted with Patriot fans. Today is the perfect example. It's not because yall's team is good, as you guys were non-factors this year. It's because yall are dooshbags. Plain and simple.

Grouping me in with BBB is as low as you can go.

I am sorry but Manning did not help his team yesterday and of course no Patriots fans wanted the Colts to win yesterday.

also

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: BirdBradyBobbyOrr.

The colts are less talented than the raiders, with the exception of 1 position, the QB. It is tough to get too down on manning when he carried the team by himself to the superbowl. If manning did not play a snap next season, i would expect the colts to be right around the 4-12 mark. If brady does not play a snap next season, i would expect the pats to be 10-6 and pushing for a playoff run.

Brady is the best system QB of all time, i will give him that. However, Brady cannot turn a bunch of nobodies into a superbowl contender, and Manning has that ability.

Elway was labeled a choker until Terrel Davis helped him win two SBs.

Tom Brady only had to gain 30-40 yards for his game winning drives.....Vinateri is more clutch than Brady.....Brady never threw a game winning score in the SB.

That's why Montana is heads and shoulders above all these other guys. He's a great QB.

And where's Roethlisberger? I think he's as clutch...or more so than Brady.

Manning >> Brady.......and it ain't even close.

FeelingMN <<< any normal human

Roeth better than Brady? More clutch than Brady? What are you smoking?

Elway's playoff record is substantially better than Peyton Mannings. He had to win AFC Championships to get to those SuperBowls.

Brady 4 time AFC Champion, 3 Time SuperBowl Champion, 16-0 regular season, and a dominant playoff record.

FeelingMN you my friend have no clue.

I'm not a Colts fan. I don't dislike the Patriots. Yesterday I was rooting for Brees and the Saints over Manning and the Colts.

But I would be blinded by stats, the media, "expert analysts" (former players) to believe that Manning is not the best in the NFL or even that Manning wasn't the better QB by a wide margin yesterday.

I am sorry but Manning did not help his team yesterday and of course no Patriots fans wanted the Colts to win yesterday.

also

EDJR = SELLOUT

Actually....Manning is 9-9 in the playoffs.

And you guys care......which is why y'all are pretty sad.

Maybe when Brady wins a legit championship....without having to record the other teams' practices....maybe then we can have this debate.....but most people believe....as do most HOF QBs that Peyton Manning is the better QB than Tom Brady.

FeelingMN <<< any normal human

Roeth better than Brady? More clutch than Brady? What are you smoking?

Elway's playoff record is substantially better than Peyton Mannings. He had to win AFC Championships to get to those SuperBowls.

Brady 4 time AFC Champion, 3 Time SuperBowl Champion, 16-0 regular season, and a dominant playoff record.

FeelingMN you my friend have no clue.

Hey, that's great for Elway. Still doesn't change the fact that until he had Terrell Davis....had a better team around him....did John Elway win his 2 SBs and shed his "can't win the big game" reputation.

Another thing that hasn't changed is Brady never threw a game winning TD. Montana did. Roethlisberger did. Brady didn't. He just had to get to the 30 to set up Vinatieri.....which is hardly clutch.

And I'm glad to see you around again.....it's been awhile.....since the first weekend of the playoffs I think.....I wonder why that is.

i thought this guy was hibernating for winter?

No hidden mystery, I've been in mourning since the Patriots got dominated by the Ravens. Spygate and the loss in 2007, the Brady injury, this awful season where the Patriots just took about 5 steps back, it was giving me major stress so I took a few weeks off.

But even so why would I come here over the last few weeks just to read all of the Manning knob slobbing? No rational posts were to be found. It was all based on one season when Brady was injured and the team around him folded and where Peyton hadn't even won a thing yet.

Well I waited until we had some more data, like a playoff run, or Super Bowl. Glad I waited because Manning failed the test with a capital F.

GET IT STRAIGHT!

I was the 1st person on this website to say that Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL. I wasn't the 2nd or the 3rd I was the 1st. I don't even know anybody in Boston who got on the bandwagon as early as I did. I've never wavered and I've never backed down. If you can't respect that well that's your loss.

Manning had a better year and this was Brady's worst year. I don't care what the statistics say, Brady did not play this season up to the standards he set previously. But Tom Brady, is and always has been better than Peyton.

Peyton Manning = Dan Marino Plus

also

Manning didn't help his team win? He threw for 300+ yards, and made nearly every throw. The INT was not so much his fault as it was a mix-up between he and Wayne, and a tremendous play from the DEF. Manning then lead his team back down the field with a perfect throw to Collie, a few underneath passes, and then Wayne drops the TD. Also, if we talk about Garcon's drop in the 1st (2nd?) quarter, it could have been a footrace to a TD to put the Colts up like 17-3 of something. Manning played well, it just wasn't enough.

The colts are less talented than the raiders, with the exception of 1 position, the QB. It is tough to get too down on manning when he carried the team by himself to the superbowl. If manning did not play a snap next season, i would expect the colts to be right around the 4-12 mark. If brady does not play a snap next season, i would expect the pats to be 10-6 and pushing for a playoff run.

Brady is the best system QB of all time, i will give him that. However, Brady cannot turn a bunch of nobodies into a superbowl contender, and Manning has that ability.

This is what people don't understand. They make claims such as "I'd rather have Tom Brady over Peyton Manning" and such because of SuperBowl rings. Brady's job, and Elway's job, and Favre's job, and Roeth's job are 10 times easier than Manning's job. Sometimes I think Manning would be LESS criticized if he didn't play quite so spectacularly in the regular season. Because then people see the Colts (really Peyton Manning), putting up 12-14 wins every season, and claim they are the best team...If we had to rank teams on the amount of talent OUTSIDE of the QB position, the Colts would be near the bottom of the list. Sometimes it's still good enough to get the job done with #18 taking snaps, but sometimes it isnt.

I've been in mourning since the Patriots got dominated by the Ravens and I got completely dominated in my fantasy playoffs. No hidden mystery, I needed some time off.

But why would I come here over the last few weeks just to listen to all of the Manning knob slobbing? It's been weeks of listening to how great Peyton is and how he's better than Brady.

Well I waited until we had some more to compare them on. Manning failed the test with a capital F

Say whatever you want, I was the 1st person on this website to say that Tom Brady is the best QB in hte NFL. I was even years ahead of most fans in Boston. I've never wavered and I've never backed down.

Manning had a better year. This was Brady's worst year. I don't care what the statistics say, Brady was not up to standard this year. But Tom Brady, is and always has been better than Peyton.

Actually no, this was one of Brady's better years. Minus 2007, this year was right in line with his entire career.

Tom Brady has thrown for 30,000 + yards. Thats very good.

BUT Peyton Manning has thrown for 50,000+ yards. That's a "slight" advantage for Peyton.

Tom Brady has thrown 225 TD passes. That's also very good.

Peyton Manning has thrown for 366 TD passes. That's a "little bit" better.

Tom Brady has a career completion percentage of 63.3. Again, very good.

Peyton Manning has a career completion percentage of 64.8. Again, he's better.

Tom Brady has a career QB rating of 93.3.

Peyton Manning has a career QB rating of 95.2.

Tom Brady has been to 5 pro bowls and has 1 first team All-pro selection.

Peyton Manning has been to 10 pro bowls and has 5 first team All-pro selections.

Tom Brady has 1 NFL MVP and 2 Super Bowl MVP's.

Peyton Manning has 4 NFL MVP's and 1 Super Bowl MVP.

Peyton Manning has led his team to 7 straight years of at least 12+ wins.

Tom Brady has never done it for more than 2 straight seasons.

Yes, the 3 Super Bowls to 1 argument does have some heavy weight, but look above...it can't possibly have that much weight.

Especially when Tom Brady has played on far superior TEAMS and has had far superior defenses than Manning to help him out.

Without Peyton Manning, the Colts are not even a .500 football team.

Without Tom Brady, the Patriots still win 11 games.

Enough said...

Who cares?

I've been in mourning since the Patriots got dominated by the Ravens and I got completely dominated in my fantasy playoffs. No hidden mystery, I needed some time off.

Sooooo.....you don't really care about any of this, but you "needed to take some time off"? Are you sh!tting me? Wow....I thought you guys were pretty sad....but damn.....this stuff really gets to you.

Pathetic.

Manning didn't help his team win?

No.

Addai had 13 rushes for 77 yards and they scored 17 points? Isn't Manning the Offensive Coordinator? Who is the one that changes every play at the huddle?

Peyton Manning cost his team AGAIN.

How can the debate be over? Clearly both QB's are still playing and have plenty of years left.

The real question, what does each end with? Can Brady come back and do anything? Or does his knee hamper him? Can the Pats win next year, with the Jets playing so well?

All very good questions.

But by the time this day is over, I have a feeling Edjr will have blocked almost every poster on the forums. I think that is so funny. He clearly is a person that should just leave the forums. I am wondering if Dallas Empire = Edjr.

Manning didn't help his team win? He threw for 300+ yards, and made nearly every throw. The INT was not so much his fault as it was a mix-up between he and Wayne, and a tremendous play from the DEF. Manning then lead his team back down the field with a perfect throw to Collie, a few underneath passes, and then Wayne drops the TD. Also, if we talk about Garcon's drop in the 1st (2nd?) quarter, it could have been a footrace to a TD to put the Colts up like 17-3 of something. Manning played well, it just wasn't enough.

If you are going to play the "what if" card, how about these:

- What if Michael Jenkins doesn't let the ball on the side line go through his hands?

- What if Austin Collie doesn't make a great tip of the ball to prevent Jonathan Vilma from intercepting the pass on the one yard line (the play right before the 51 miss by Stover).

- What if Garcon didn't push the CB out of bounds on the pick at the final red zone appearance by the Colts?

Manning could have easily had 4 picks in the game.

No.

Addai had 13 rushes for 77 yards and they scored 17 points? Isn't Manning the Offensive Coordinator? Who is the one that changes every play at the huddle?

Peyton Manning cost his team AGAIN.

Peyton Manning completed 31 passes, most of them dead on accurate. Give it a rest.

Manning >>> Brady

Brady's team (typically) >>> Manning's team (typically)

Didn't that Pats just go 10-6 a year ago without Tom Brady?

He's the most over-rated Qb of this generation.

Manning is better.

Big Ben is more clutch.

Done and Done.

Peyton Manning is a great Quarterback. He's one of the greatest to ever play the game.

But I'll take Montana, Brady and Elway over him any day of the week!

How can any reasonable person that isn't biased and gives a fair consideration to both regular season and post season and Super Bowl performances not say "Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning?"

2002 Colts were pummeled by the Jets in the Wild Card game, 41–0, with Manning passing for only 137 yards

2003 AFC title game Manning was shut down by the New England Patriots top-ranked defense and posted the third lowest passer rating of his career at 35.5. The Patriots defense intercepted Manning four times and sacked him another four. Among these picks is an Interception returned for a touchdown by Ty Law

2004 Ended in Foxborough with a 20–3 loss against New England, when Manning recorded a season-low passer rating of 69.3

2005 Peyton throws and interception that would have ended the game against Pittsburgh but the refs blow the call. The NFL later admits they were wrong. Doesn't matter Manning in the end couldn't drive the Colts to a tie or win.

2009 Yesterday! Interception for a touchdown game over.

Peyton is 8-9 in the playoffs and 1-1 in SuperBowls.

It's not even a close argument anymore.

This is not tennis or match play golf...individual players don't acquire individual records. When Brees and Manning start playing each other one on one on the football field, we'll start making that an official stat. Otherwise, it's a ridiculous, misguided stat introduced by the idiots at ESPN.

Peyton Manning completed 31 passes, most of them dead on accurate. Give it a rest.

:thumbsup:

We saw this same nonsense spewed after the Vikings game. Without Favre, Minnesota doesn't get within reach of the Super Bowl. Without Manning, Indy doesn't get within reach.

I guess Patriot fans just want to seem relevant. Understandable, since their team won't be for a long time.

The throw he made....rolling to his right and lofting it over two Saints, hitting Clark perfectly in stride was awesome.

The only bad throws I saw him make were to Garcon on the opening drive. If he makes a better throw, Indy keeps the drive rolling and maybe scores a TD rather than a FG. The overthrow of Collie that was almost picked by Vilma. And the underthrow of Wayne...though if Wayne makes a better adjustment, it's either a PI call or a TD.

None of those throws were awful....all missed by a few inches (Wayne's by a few feet).

We didn't start the fire

It was always burning since the world's been turning.

We didn't start the fire

But when we are gone

It will still burn on, and on, and on, and on...

:mad: <_< :thumbsup: <_<

Manning >>> Brady

Brady's team (typically) >>> Manning's team (typically)

:mad: Yeah, Manning has had some real dog players around him over the years. Guys like Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Garcon, James, Freeney, Mathis, and Sanders sure do suck. :thumbsup:

Thread OVAH before it really began. :mad:

We are doing nothing different that what you clowns did two years ago. :mad:

That was awesome. Best back to back weeks at Giants stadium ever. They pummeled Bret Favre and the Packers the last regular season game to win the AFC East - after a game winning FG by the Pats knocked the Dolphins out of the playoffs in the early game.

We are doing nothing different that what you clowns did two years ago. :thumbsdown:

But you didn't have Colts fans or other team fans posting daily about how much their felt the Pats sh!t stunk that year. So yeah, you guys got it that year, because you brought it on.

Because then people see the Colts (really Peyton Manning), putting up 12-14 wins every season, and claim they are the best team...If we had to rank teams on the amount of talent OUTSIDE of the QB position, the Colts would be near the bottom of the list. Sometimes it's still good enough to get the job done with #18 taking snaps, but sometimes it isnt.

First round picks that Manning has played with on offense:

Marshall Faulk (only one season to be fair)

Marvin Harrison

Edgerin James

Reggie Wayne

Joesph Addai

Dallas Clark

Tarick Glenn

Anthony Gonzalez

Donald Brown

Manning is a great QB, but let's not pretend that the Colts front office hasn't surrounded Manning with any talent.

First round picks that Manning has played with on offense:

Marshall Faulk (only one season to be fair)

Marvin Harrison

Edgerin James

Reggie Wayne

Joesph Addai

Dallas Clark

Tarick Glenn

Anthony Gonzalez

Donald Brown

Manning is a great QB, but let's not pretent that the Colts front office hasn't surrounded Manning with any talent.

Ok, and this matters how??? Every freaking QB has 1st round talent on his team...to be honest, most of the early first round talent has cycled off the roster and it's fair to say that Peyton is playing with more LATE first round talent than maybe any other QB. I mean jeebus, the Colts have averaged like 11 wins a season for 10 years and set the all time # of wins record for a decade in which they only won 1 superbowl.

As a Steelers fan, I make only the assertion that Roethlisberger has turned into one of the most clutch QB's in the game. He's on pace to shatter the NFL record for career comebacks at this point of his career. I'm objective enough to recognize that in watching Manning play the QB position, I'm watching one of the truly greats ever to suit up at that position. I contend that you could take Manning and put him on ANY other team and he would make that team better, short term and long term and that there isn't another QB right now that you could say that about. Brady is clutch, but he's a game manager, and last year proved it when a guy who hadn't started a game since high school stepped in and put up nearly the same #'s as Brady's career average.

For as much as I hate the guy, it says more about Belicheat than it does Brady...and it screams "system QB". There is no way in HELL that any backup QB could step into the situation for the Colts and do the same thing. Hell, the Pats won more games under Cassell last year with a 1st place schedule than they did this year under Brady with essentially the same weapons. I predicted before the season that Brady would have a slow start, then about mid-season he would get his confidence and leg strength back and have a good 2nd half. Even I gave him credit for the injury and time to get back into game form. What happened? The Pats were good but not great with the same personnel around them as last year. And I'll say it right now, given a chance to draft a team from scratch, I'm taking Brees ahead of Brady.

Ok, and this matters how??? Every freaking QB has 1st round talent on his team...

It matters because people are trying to say that Manning has done it all by himself over the years and some one went as far to say "If we had to rank teams on the amount of talent OUTSIDE of the QB position, the Colts would be near the bottom of the list."

Playing with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark isn't eaxctly like throwing to Todd Pinkston and James Thrash. I wasn't trying to down play Mannings accomplisments but some people are getting a little wacky in this post when trying to praise Manning.

Manning is a great QB (and will be one of the all-time greats when all is said and done), there's no need to build his legend by claiming that he had to walk five miles uphill in the snow to school everyday.