Sign in to follow this  
BirdBradyBobbyOrr

Brady vs Manning

This argument is like trying to convince someone that somebody elses kid is cuter than their own...even if it's blatantly true, you're still not going to get them to believe it. In this case, Brady is the child of all the Pats fans, and Peyton is the illegitimate b@stard son of everybody else. Peyton wins in the laser-rocket arm category, Tom wins everywhere else.

An Manning was WAAAAAAAAAAAY better on SNL.

This argument is like trying to convince someone that somebody elses kid is cuter than their own...even if it's blatantly true, you're still not going to get them to believe it. In this case, Brady is the child of all the Pats fans, and Peyton is the illegitimate b@stard son of everybody else. Peyton wins in the laser-rocket arm category, Tom wins everywhere else.

An Manning was WAAAAAAAAAAAY better on SNL.

So wait...you're saying Brady is better?

So wait...you're saying Brady is better?

I'm not saying that at all...I'm saying you'll never convince a Pats fan that their QB isn't the best QB. If Brady doesn't have his year super-stat anomaly of a season, we're probably not even having this debate. They will contend that Brady is better because he had 3 rings, I will stand by my contention that he had two advantages during his SB runs, a better defense, and a tactical advantage due to knowing defensive play calls.

If I were starting a team and could pick any current QB, it's more than likely Peyton. I think I still favor Peyton over Brady, and I've said all along that Peyton could/would make just about any team better with him as their QB, with the exception of the Pats, where Brady is a nearly perfect fit.

Interesting topic . . . we've never looked at this before. :nono:

I have a thought . . . and when they happen, I just feel the need to throw them out there. But consider this:

Perception creates a lot of our analysis.

Why is this discussion taking place? Because of raw numbers? Because of number of Super Bowl rings? Playoff victories? Come-from-behind victories? What about the fact that the way we look at these guys is built from where they are?

When Peyton Manning came to the Colts, they were putrid. They were everything vile on the gridiron. Manning came in and in fairly short order succeeded as a "passing quarterback." No one could call him a game manager, because there was no quality around him to manage.

The Patriots were awful for a long, long time . . . in fact, they were pretty much always bad, until . . .

Drew Bledsoe. The Patriots became competitive and fun to watch when Drew Bledsoe stepped under center and made the Patriots-Dolphins one of the most anticipated AFC matchups of the year. They became an aerial team when Drew Bledsoe became the first QB ever to throw 50 completions to five different receivers - the marquee name in that group was Ben Coates.

Cue the demise of the team crumbling around a system unable to support that type of attack, and Bledsoe's injury, and enter Tom Brady. The whole of the offense was changed. They became a running team with a playmaking, bend-but-don't-break defense. Not dynamic so much as they were resilient. BUT . . . the perception had been established that the Patriots were a passing team. Therefore, their success had to be attributed to the quarterback, and the legend was born.

It's all perception, and it blinds us.

Manning is the better QB, and it really isn't close.

So now you've narrowed down your argument to ROAD PLAYOFF GAMES - to convince us that Brady is better? And on top of that, Brady's rating is less than a point better than Manning's :lol:

Also - ROAD games does not equate to NON-DOME games. In fact, Brady is more likely to play a DOME game on the ROAD (@ Indy), than Manning is on the road (@ Foxboro).

This really is one of the more entertaining arguments :doublethumbsup: :lol:

Wrong again. These ratings are based off of 12 seasons worth of road games for Manning and 8 seasons worth of road games for Brady.

As far as your contention about Brady having an easier road schedule, keep in mind that Manning plays road games in Hou, Jax, and Ten every year. Brady gets road games in Buf, NJ, and Miami every year. Even with Manning going to Foxboro every few years and vice versa, Manning would have the easier overall road schedule based strictly off of weather conditions.

You can verify these numbers yourself at pro-football-reference.com.

:bandana:

Wrong again. These ratings are based off of 12 seasons worth of road games for Manning and 8 seasons worth of road games for Brady.

As far as your contention about Brady having an easier road schedule, keep in mind that Manning plays road games in Hou, Jax, and Ten every year. Brady gets road games in Buf, NJ, and Miami every year. Even with Manning going to Foxboro every few years and vice versa, Manning would have the easier overall road schedule based strictly off of weather conditions.

You can verify these numbers yourself at pro-football-reference.com.

:bandana:

Again, great job with your selective reading.

You brought up POST-SEASON QB RATING on the ROAD.

I contested that the difference in ratings was less than 1 point, almost a wash. On top of that, you argued that that particular statistic took DOME games out of play, specifically for Manning who plays his home games in a dome, which is incorrect assumption...since other teams play in domes.

In addition, I argued that, IN THE POST-SEASON, Brady is MORE LIKELY to play a ROAD GAME IN A DOME than Manning is. Why? Because a playoff game between the Pats & Colts @ Lucas oil Stadium counts as a road playoff game played indoors for Brady. On the contrary, if they played @ Foxboro, the game would be played outside.

You just don't get it, do you.

So even though he wins the SB category, it's NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH to overcome Manning's OVERWHELMING domination in just about every other statistical measurement of QB's.

This one is too funny to leave alone. How's this for Manning's OVERWHELMING domination:

91.6 - Manning's QB rating in 12 seasons worth of regular season(playoffs not included) ROAD games.

92.5 - Brady's QB rating in 8 seasons worth of regular season(playoffs not included) ROAD games.

This is a large enough sample size to prove that even statistically speaking, Brady is the better QB. Take away the dome-inflated stats and Manning fails again.

Manning actually should have better numbers just based off of the fact that he gets road games in Hou, Jax and Ten every year while Brady has to go to Miami, NJ, and Buf. Their other five road games even out based off of the league's rotating schedule - with the one exception that Manning goes to Foxboro every few years and vice versa.

Again, great job with your selective reading.

You brought up POST-SEASON QB RATING on the ROAD.

I contested that the difference in ratings was less than 1 point, almost a wash. On top of that, you argued that that particular statistic took DOME games out of play, specifically for Manning who plays his home games in a dome, which is incorrect assumption...since other teams play in domes.

In addition, I argued that, IN THE POST-SEASON, Brady is MORE LIKELY to play a ROAD GAME than Manning is. Why? Because a playoff game between the Pats & Colts @ Lucas oil Stadium counts as a road playoff game played indoors for Brady. On the contrary, if they played @ Foxboro, the game would be played outside.

You just don't get it, do you.

I get it - you just can't face the facts.

I never mentioned Post-Season - read the original post again.

You just got owned!

***EDIT***

So I just noticed for the first time you weren't talking about JUST playoff games, so I apologize for that...but your assumptions are still wrong.

When you just compare ROAD stats, you still give Brady the slight edge because he has an extra venue/opposition that plays in a dome (Indy)....while Manning has the mis-fortune of traveling to Foxboro (NE) and counting that towards this particular stat.

Oh, and BTW, thought you might find this interesting...This year home/away splits for Peyton Manning:

Home QB Rating: 89.9

Away QB Rating: 112.6

Look....you can't argue stats as the reason why Brady is better than Manning. Is Brady gonna win the OCCASIONAL, SITUATIONAL, MANIPULATED stat over Manning? Of course, just like you have illustrated. But by and large? Manning has a higher QB rating, more completions, attempts, yards, TD's, completion %...both total and PER GAME. He also trumps Brady in those stats in the playoffs as well.

Your only argument is a team-based statistic. And only the FINAL MEASURE of the team statistic (SuperBowls). Outside of Patriot Nation, it has been well documented by other members of this site, that the difference in team SuperBowl wins is nowhere near enough to trump the individual domination Manning has over Brady...especially when you consider the little asterisk or question mark next to those SuperBowl wins.

**Edit - you just got owned**

***EDIT***

So I just noticed for the first time you weren't talking about JUST playoff games, so I apologize for that...but your assumptions are still wrong.

When you just compare ROAD stats, you still give Brady the slight edge because he has an extra venue/opposition that plays in a dome (Indy)....while Manning has the mis-fortune of traveling to Foxboro (NE) and counting that towards this particular stat.

Oh, and BTW, thought you might find this interesting...This year home/away splits for Peyton Manning:

Home QB Rating: 89.9

Away QB Rating: 112.6

Look....you can't argue stats as the reason why Brady is better than Manning. Is Brady gonna win the OCCASIONAL, SITUATIONAL, MANIPULATED stat over Manning? Of course, just like you have illustrated. But by and large? Manning has a higher QB rating, more completions, attempts, yards, TD's, completion %...both total and PER GAME. He also trumps Brady in those stats in the playoffs as well.

Your only argument is a team-based statistic. And only the FINAL MEASURE of the team statistic (SuperBowls). Outside of Patriot Nation, it has been well documented by other members of this site, that the difference in team SuperBowl wins is nowhere near enough to trump the individual domination Manning has over Brady...especially when you consider the little asterisk or question mark next to those SuperBowl wins.

OCCASIONAL, SITUATIONAL, MANIPULATED????

Occasional - Those stats were based off of 96 career road games for Manning versus 64 career road games for Brady. That's a huge sample size for NFL players.

Situational - How is looking at their career road games situational? This is exactly half of their total games.

Manipulated - Manning plays one road game in Houston every year!!! That more than makes up for the fact that Manning travels to Foxboro every 2-3 years.

As far as Mannings better numbers per game - nice try - he plays at least 9 games every year in a dome. Take away the dome and Manning's numbers are worse than Brady's.

You know when Pats fans have reached a desperate move to try and prove that Brady is better than Manning, when they have to bring in the dome. Wow, this just proves how bad their arguements are.

Unless the Pats fans are willing to go toe to toe, WITH EVERY STAT, this is a dumb arguement for them. If you wanna know who is better, you have to look at every stat, if you aren't willing to do it, you aren't very smart, nor should you be posting.

If you want to compare every stat column for Brady vs Manning, we will discuss this, otherwise, you are looking like a complete idiot for even trying to say Brady is better.

The reason: Manning wins hands down if you compare every stat out there.

I can't believe Im posting in this thread again since its just filled with Pats and Colts homers.

But how bout these...

Manning

In Wins- QB rating of 104.5

In losses- QB rating of 77.2

Decided by 7 pts or less- QB rating of 91.2

Brady

In Wins- QB rating of 101.8

In losses- QB rating of 68.2

Decided by 7 pts or less- QB rating of 89.3

Peyton Manning is even a better rushing QB that Brady, haha:

Manning- 328 attempts for 704 yards (2.15 yds/carry), 17 rushing TD's

Brady- 305 attempts for 577 yards (1.89 yds/carry), 6 rushing TD's

So Peyton Manning is better statistically in career QB rating, career yards per game, career TD's per game, career yards per pass, playoff QB rating, playoff yards per game, playoff TD's per game, QB rating in wins, QB rating in losses, QB rating in games decided by 7 or less, and rushing yards per attempt, rushing TD's, etc, etc, etc. Peyton Manning also RUNS his offense much more than Tom Brady does. Peyton Manning is essentially his teams offensive coordinator.

Tom Brady has had on average the 13th ranked scoring defense in the NFL (and the defenses were even better when he actually was winning Super Bowls)

Peyton Manning has had on average the 17th ranked scoring defense in the NFL.

I'm not sure what the debate is here. Peyton Manning has been the 1st team ALL Pro QB 5 of the last 7 years. Tom Brady did it once. Peyton Manning has led his team to 7 straight seasons of 12+ wins, Tom Brady has never done it more than twice. So Brady has had on average the better defenses, yet Peyton Manning consistently wins more. Hmmm.....

OCCASIONAL, SITUATIONAL, MANIPULATED????

Occasional - Those stats were based off of 96 career road games for Manning versus 64 career road games for Brady. That's a huge sample size for NFL players.

Situational - How is looking at their career road games situational? This is exactly half of their total games.

Manipulated - Manning plays one road game in Houston every year!!! That more than makes up for the fact that Manning travels to Foxboro every 2-3 years.

As far as Mannings better numbers per game - nice try - he plays at least 9 games every year in a dome. Take away the dome and Manning's numbers are worse than Brady's.

Maybe manipulated isn't the best word, but the stat you gave is occasional, and situational.

If you wanna compare stats, you can't just compare road games, or home games, or games played outside, or 4th quarter stats, or 1st half stats, or playoff stats, or out-of-conference stats...You have to look at the full body of work. Your argument is like trying to say that Jerome Bettis was better than Barry Sanders because he converted a higher % of short-yardage situations. It just makes you look dumb.

Also, if you wanna take away dome games, than you should take away 2 of Brady's SuperBowl wins. 2001 was played in the SuperDome, 2003 was played in Reliant Stadium. So...you just got owned :music_guitarred:

Maybe manipulated isn't the best word, but the stat you gave is occasional, and situational.

If you wanna compare stats, you can't just compare road games, or home games, or games played outside, or 4th quarter stats, or 1st half stats, or playoff stats, or out-of-conference stats...You have to look at the full body of work. Your argument is like trying to say that Jerome Bettis was better than Barry Sanders because he converted a higher % of short-yardage situations. It just makes you look dumb.

Also, if you wanna take away dome games, than you should take away 2 of Brady's SuperBowl wins. 2001 was played in the SuperDome, 2003 was played in Reliant Stadium. So...you just got owned :pointstosky:

As I stated earlier, postseason games were not included. And I am not trying to take away dome games since Manning plays at least 1 road game a year in a dome(Hou). I think that looking at just their road games is much fairer than looking at their career stats since Manning plays all his home games in a dome and therefore has a huge advantage over Brady. If you don't believe me, look at all the career leaders in QB ratings. They are all dome/warm weather QBs.

Looking at the full body of work is fine but context is very important. Just look at Johnny Damon as an example. He hit a bunch of home runs last year in the new Yankee stadium b/c of the short right field porch. So why aren't teams offering him the money he thought was coming to him in free agency? Because other teams know that a lot of those home runs will become fly ball outs in their ball parks.

Looking at career stats is useless when comparing Manning to Brady. Looking at just regular season road games gives us a very large sample size and also a level playing field as far as game conditions. I can't think of anything else that would give us a truer comparison. Plus, I think everyone on this board would agree that over their entire careers, Manning has been surrounded by better offensive weapons.

I can't believe Im posting in this thread again since its just filled with Pats and Colts homers.

But how bout these...

Manning

In Wins- QB rating of 104.5

In losses- QB rating of 77.2

Decided by 7 pts or less- QB rating of 91.2

Brady

In Wins- QB rating of 101.8

In losses- QB rating of 68.2

Decided by 7 pts or less- QB rating of 89.3

Peyton Manning is even a better rushing QB that Brady, haha:

Manning- 328 attempts for 704 yards (2.15 yds/carry), 17 rushing TD's

Brady- 305 attempts for 577 yards (1.89 yds/carry), 6 rushing TD's

So Peyton Manning is better statistically in career QB rating, career yards per game, career TD's per game, career yards per pass, playoff QB rating, playoff yards per game, playoff TD's per game, QB rating in wins, QB rating in losses, QB rating in games decided by 7 or less, and rushing yards per attempt, rushing TD's, etc, etc, etc. Peyton Manning also RUNS his offense much more than Tom Brady does. Peyton Manning is essentially his teams offensive coordinator.

Again, completely useless stats since Manning plays all his home games in a dome. Except for the rushing stats - Crazy Legs Manning is definitely the better runner.

While were at it, let's compare Vinny Castillos' home run totals to David Wrights'. We'll just ignore that fact that Castillo played so many home games at Coors Field.

Plus, I think everyone on this board would agree that over their entire careers, Manning has been surrounded by better offensive weapons.

Before this year, you might have a point, but now people are starting to wonder....Did he have better weapons as you claim or did he make them better offensive weapons because of HOW GOOD HE IS! He turned guys like Garcon and Collies into studs. HE did it, not that they were that good, HE DID IT.

So no, you lose again, and again, and again.....You need to just quit. Your hole you have dug is so freaking deep, you are about to the core of the earth. Remove your pride and just admit it. Manning is better. If you haven't noticed, YOU are the only person left trying to fight for Brady.

Before this year, you might have a point, but now people are starting to wonder....Did he have better weapons as you claim or did he make them better offensive weapons because of HOW GOOD HE IS! He turned guys like Garcon and Collies into studs. HE did it, not that they were that good, HE DID IT.

And look at Welker's stats now that Brady is throwing him the ball.

Does Manning make his WRs better? Of course he does. Just like Brady makes his WRs better. Look at David Patten, Branch, and Reche Caldwell. What have they done since they left NE?

Then why did a panel of experts at USA TODAY just name Brady the QB OF THE DECADE?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...tom-brady_N.htm

:doublethumbsup:

After reading the article, it proves that these experts aren't looking at the question. I am sorry:

1. Teams win SB's, not players. Shannon said he voted for him because he was on a team that won 3! If this was the case, why wasn't Ben number 2? Good question huh?

2. They talked about Manning having all the stats, no one can touch him. That is what the QB of the Decade should be. STATS that he put up, not team stats, his stats.

3. Manning lost by 1 vote. 45 to 44. As stated, if you are looking at who was the running back of the decade, well Kevin Faulk should win, right? I mean, he won 3 SB's. Not LT, Shaun Alexander, AP.

Very disappointed in this. If you look at the fans who voted, Manning is winning by 8% to 10%. Proves fans listened to the question.

Enjoy.

And look at Welker's stats now that Brady is throwing him the ball.

Does Manning make his WRs better? Of course he does. Just like Brady makes his WRs better. Look at David Patten, Branch, and Reche Caldwell. What have they done since they left NE?

Thank you, you just supported my comment. About time. Brady and Manning make their players better. And Manning made his players better, because he is a better QB. Awesome. Now we are getting somewhere.

After reading the article, it proves that these experts aren't looking at the question. I am sorry:

1. Teams win SB's, not players. Shannon said he voted for him because he was on a team that won 3! If this was the case, why wasn't Ben number 2? Good question huh?

2. They talked about Manning having all the stats, no one can touch him. That is what the QB of the Decade should be. STATS that he put up, not team stats, his stats.

3. Manning lost by 1 vote. 45 to 44. As stated, if you are looking at who was the running back of the decade, well Kevin Faulk should win, right? I mean, he won 3 SB's. Not LT, Shaun Alexander, AP.

Very disappointed in this. If you look at the fans who voted, Manning is winning by 8% to 10%. Proves fans listened to the question.

1. Just because they added a blurb from Shannon into the article doesn't mean that is the only reason he voted for him.

2. Here we go with STATS. STATS that were inflated due to him playing all his home games in a DOME.

3. Let's not get carried away. Antoine Smith should have been RB of the Decade.

Here's the deal. Forget the SB rings, who had better weapons, etc. Please explain how Brady has a higher QB rating than Manning when looking at their career road games. Take away his dome-field advantage and his STATS don't look so great anymore.

1. Just because they added a blurb from Shannon into the article doesn't mean that is the only reason he voted for him.

2. Here we go with STATS. STATS that were inflated due to him playing all his home games in a DOME.

Here's the deal. Forget the SB rings, who had better weapons, etc. Please explain how Brady has a higher QB rating than Manning when looking at their career road games. Take away his dome-field advantage and his STATS don't look so great anymore.

Stats are stats, whether you like it or not. Maybe your team should build a dome. Why don't you pull their stats on dome games only? Why don't you pull their stats on outdoor games only?

Stats are what make you as the individual a player. All stats, not just certain ones. If Brady had the stats, you know darn well you would be voicing it. If Brady had the stats and Manning had the rings, I would admit Brady was the better, but that isn't how it is, now is it? Manning is the better QB. Manning has never been dominated by a defense like Brady was in the playoffs. As far as knocked around and beat up. Yes, he has thrown interceptions and such, but they were not always his fault.

Manning is the better actor also.

Stats are stats, whether you like it or not. Maybe your team should build a dome. Why don't you pull their stats on dome games only? Why don't you pull their stats on outdoor games only?

Stats are what make you as the individual a player. All stats, not just certain ones. If Brady had the stats, you know darn well you would be voicing it. If Brady had the stats and Manning had the rings, I would admit Brady was the better, but that isn't how it is, now is it? Manning is the better QB. Manning has never been dominated by a defense like Brady was in the playoffs. As far as knocked around and beat up. Yes, he has thrown interceptions and such, but they were not always his fault.

Manning was never dominated by a defense? Really? How about that 4 INT playoff game in Foxboro?

As far as knocked around and beat up? Manning doesn't get beat up because he dives to the ground and curls up in the fetal position when the pressure is going to get him.

Interceptions not his fault? How about the 4th quarter of the SB against the Saints. Off the top of my head I can think of 4 throws which could have easily been interceptions. Two of which were not because of heads up plays by his receivers.

But again, you're avoiding the question - why is Brady's QB rating higher than Manning's when looking at their career road games? You won't answer this because the only logical explanation is that Brady is better. So you keep changing the subject.

Why are you so obsessed with Road Games??? Maybe the Patriots were a great road team. Maybe, with the scheduling, that Manning ended up playing more tough DEF's (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, SD) on the road...Maybe the Patriots had an easy road schedule...Maybe Manning played a bunch of road games @ the end of the season when he was mostly rested. Why are you trying to narrow down 1/2 of these players stats??

Again, Brady is more likely to play a ROAD game in a DOME than Manning...which could easily account for the LESS THAN ONE QB POINT you are arguing.

But again, you're avoiding the question - why is Brady's QB rating higher than Manning's when looking at their career road games? You won't answer this because the only logical explanation is that Brady is better. So you keep changing the subject.

How about this stat:

Manning has started 192 games

Brady has started 127 games

More games, means his numbers could be up or down. That would explain it. Please stop. You are getting beat, time and time again.

Then why did a panel of experts at USA TODAY just name Brady the QB OF THE DECADE?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...tom-brady_N.htm

:thumbsdown:

Experts? Says who? Do they have PHDs in quarterback technology or something.

Brady sucks. System QB in every sense of the word. Hes the biggest welfare recipient in the NFL. Like being born into the Walton family.... you are set for life simply by virtue of stoopid luck. Brady is average and his propensity for sucking lately without the defense, and cheating to help him is quite obvious.

Thats the end of that.

Peyton Manning also was thrown in as a starting QB from DAY ONE. He started in the NFL as a 22 year old with no NFL experience. His first season where he learned on the fly, his QB rating was 72, with a road QB rating of 71.

Tom Brady didn't start until his 2nd NFL season, at the age of 24. He got to sit a whole season and learn the offense, learn the NFL, and learn from a pro bowl QB in Drew Bledsoe. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Take away Manning's first season and his road QB rating is better than Brady's also. Stop crying about DOMES. Every Qb is going to have a better QB rating at home. Mannings splits of 98 rating at home and almost 92 rating on the road fall right in line with the splits you will see from most QB's.

Its pretty bad when Manning trumps Brady in almost everything, and you're still trying to grab on to the one or two things you can point to Brady and say "look he's better." To be fair, since Brady didnt start til his 2nd NFL season, from their 2nd NFL seasons to the present, Manning has been better than Brady on the road also.

Peyton Manning also was thrown in as a starting QB from DAY ONE. He started in the NFL as a 22 year old with no NFL experience. His first season where he learned on the fly, his QB rating was 72, with a road QB rating of 71.

Tom Brady didn't start until his 2nd NFL season, at the age of 24. He got to sit a whole season and learn the offense, learn the NFL, and learn from a pro bowl QB in Drew Bledsoe. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Take away Manning's first season and his road QB rating is better than Brady's also. Stop crying about DOMES. Every Qb is going to have a better QB rating at home. Mannings splits of 98 rating at home and almost 92 rating on the road fall right in line with the splits you will see from most QB's.

Its pretty bad when Manning trumps Brady in almost everything, and you're still trying to grab on to the one or two things you can point to Brady and say "look he's better." To be fair, since Brady didnt start til his 2nd NFL season, from their 2nd NFL seasons to the present, Manning has been better than Brady on the road also.

I'm beginning to like this Stew guy :pointstosky:

But seriously - this guy (three boy) represents Patriot fans perfectly....Get in a ridiculous argument that they can't win...lose the argument on their original points, search deeper and deeper (more ludicrous and ridiculous), until they find one thing that favors their side....Get that idea shot down, lose the argument again....dig EVEN DEEPER, only to be in denial that they simply are on the wrong side of the argument...But they have too much pride and too much of an ego to simply say..."Wow, Tom Brady is a helluva QB. System QB or not, he has the numbers and wins to be a top15 QB OF ALL-TIME. So what if he's not better than the 2nd or 3rd best QB of all time. Very few QB's are. Brady is in respectable company, with the likes of Elway, Bradshaw, Aikman, Young etc. Manning is in the category with the Montana's, Marino's, & Favre's...and good for him." Unfortunately, all they do is turn more people against Brady & the Patriots because of stupid arguments like these.

Again, Brady is more likely to play a ROAD game in a DOME than Manning...which could easily account for the LESS THAN ONE QB POINT you are arguing.

How is that possible since Manning plays in Houston every year?

How about this stat:

Manning has started 192 games

Brady has started 127 games

More games, means his numbers could be up or down. That would explain it. Please stop. You are getting beat, time and time again.

This makes absolutely no sense. Can anyone decipher this?

Finally, an intelligent response.

I'd like to see those numbers from the second season on. To be fair, I think if you throw out Manning's first season as a starter then it only makes sense to throw out Brady's first season as a starter. There's no way Brady learned as much watching Bledsoe play than what Manning learned by actually playing.

As far as grabbing on to the one or two things...I really can't find a better way to compare the two. You have to admit, Manning's numbers get a bump by playing in the dome as you pointed out in your post. By looking at just road games it levels the playing field as both players will have a mixture of road games in domes, outside in good weather and outside in bad weather.

As far as their splits, Manning's numbers are 98.9/91.6 home/road. Brady's are 94.2/92.5

Manning has a much bigger dropoff which is to be expected for a dome QB and just goes to show how much of an advantage it really is to play in dome.

How is that possible since Manning plays in Houston every year?

Houston actually plays in a retractable roof, so I'm not sure most of their games are played indoors. Also, Houston hasn't been around ALL of Manning's career (I believe).

Yeah, I agree with ya here, I'm not really sure what MZ5 was arguing.

Finally, an intelligent response.

I'd like to see those numbers from the second season on. To be fair, I think if you throw out Manning's first season as a starter then it only makes sense to throw out Brady's first season as a starter. There's no way Brady learned as much watching Bledsoe play than what Manning learned by actually playing.

As far as grabbing on to the one or two things...I really can't find a better way to compare the two. You have to admit, Manning's numbers get a bump by playing in the dome as you pointed out in your post. By looking at just road games it levels the playing field as both players will have a mixture of road games in domes, outside in good weather and outside in bad weather.

As far as their splits, Manning's numbers are 98.9/91.6 home/road. Brady's are 94.2/92.5

Manning has a much bigger dropoff which is to be expected for a dome QB and just goes to show how much of an advantage it really is to play in dome.

I think in addition to sitting his first year, Brady was brought into a MUCH better situation. GREAT defense, GREAT kicker, very solid running game. You have to admit, that Brady wasn't the focal point of his offense like Manning has been for the Colts his entire career. That certainly makes a QB's job MUCH easier.

Everything you say makes absolutely no sense. I don't even know why you are still posting. You have lost. Manning > Brady not even by a little bit...But by a lot. Manning is an elite QB that could take the Lions to the SB. Brady is a system QB that couldn't take the Lions to a conference championship.

I think in addition to sitting his first year, Brady was brought into a MUCH better situation. GREAT defense, GREAT kicker, very solid running game. You have to admit, that Brady wasn't the focal point of his offense like Manning has been for the Colts his entire career. That certainly makes a QB's job MUCH easier.

Kbm, you aren't ever going to get this guy to admit anything. He is so blinded by Brady's backside, he probably believes Brady could play any position in football and be the God at it.

The guy has been beaten, proven wrong, even his own fans have told him he is wrong. He is just plain stupid. I used to think the guy actually had a brain, but after this thread and how he just proves how stupid he is, I will never take anything he says serious again nor believe anything he says because he is stupid.

I had this discussion with my lady friends. They think Brady is drop dead gorgeous and manning an evil genious with that honk of a noise. Being a dude, i pick manning.

This has nothing to do with their quarter back skills. :music_guitarred:

I had this discussion with my lady friends. They think Brady is drop dead gorgeous and manning an evil genious with that honk of a noise. Being a dude, i pick manning.

This has nothing to do with their quarter back skills. :lol:

:music_guitarred: :doh:

Best response.