Sign in to follow this  
BirdBradyBobbyOrr

Brady vs Manning

Manning has never done a print ad with a goat.

Brady was on Family Guy.

PUSH

Took 5 pages, but we finally have the most intelligent post in this thread. :thumbsup:

Houston actually plays in a retractable roof, so I'm not sure most of their games are played indoors. Also, Houston hasn't been around ALL of Manning's career (I believe).

Yeah, I agree with ya here, I'm not really sure what MZ5 was arguing.

I think in addition to sitting his first year, Brady was brought into a MUCH better situation. GREAT defense, GREAT kicker, very solid running game. You have to admit, that Brady wasn't the focal point of his offense like Manning has been for the Colts his entire career. That certainly makes a QB's job MUCH easier.

Houston hasn't been around for all of Manning's career but most of it. I'm not sure whether Houston is technically a dome but you gotta admit that the games there are in ideal weather conditions. If anything, the roof being open would benefit the visitors because of the crowd noise issue. As a fan of a dome team you know how much of an advantage the crowd noise can be.

Brady definitely didn't have to do a lot of heavy lifting that first year. That can both help and hurt a QBs rating though. Less passes would mean less INTs but also less yards and TDs. But don't forget how much of a part of those Colts offenses that Edge was. That was a long time ago but didn't he also play with Faulk? So it's not like Manning didn't have weapons and a good running game around him early on. On a side not, I don't know about you, but I'd like to see my team make more of a commitment to the run game. I think the Pats have become a little too much of a finesse team and not being able to pick up 3rd and 1's and 4th and 2's killed them this year.

As far as the old "defense and kicker" argument - wasn't Vanderjerk one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history? He had that huge miss against Pitt in the playoffs but Vinatieri also missed FGs in the playoffs too. Luckily, none of them were that late in the game. And if we're talking about QB ratings, what the kickers do doesn't really matter. Also, I think the Colts D the last 5 years is close to what the Pats had earlier in the decade. I'm too lazy to look up the rankings but I bet that they are very similar.

As far as your boy MZ5, he's a disgrace to all Colts fans if you ask me. Saying Manning could take the Lions to the SB is a slap in the face to Wayne, Clark, Saturday, Brackett, Mathis, Freeney and Co. He's basically saying that the Colts minus Manning are the Lions. As much as I am a fan of Brady, there is no way that he takes the Lions to the SB.

I'm not sure how much longer you want to keep this going but I'm about done. I understand that you and other Colts fan will always think Manning is better than Brady. As an earlier posted said, perception is very important. I couldn't agree more. Most non-Patriots fans consider Manning the better QB. I think some of that is because Manning has always been a better Fantasy QB. He has put of better stats almost every year. Why? Because he is a hell of a QB, almost always has good weapons around him, and he plays in a dome. Brady is also a hell of a QB, has not always had good weapons around him, and has to play a lot of games in bad conditions. So fantasy-wise, it's a no brainer. But so far, no one has really been able to explain why Brady has a better rating when looking at their career road games.

Houston hasn't been around for all of Manning's career but most of it. I'm not sure whether Houston is technically a dome but you gotta admit that the games there are in ideal weather conditions. If anything, the roof being open would benefit the visitors because of the crowd noise issue. As a fan of a dome team you know how much of an advantage the crowd noise can be.

Brady definitely didn't have to do a lot of heavy lifting that first year. That can both help and hurt a QBs rating though. Less passes would mean less INTs but also less yards and TDs. But don't forget how much of a part of those Colts offenses that Edge was. That was a long time ago but didn't he also play with Faulk? So it's not like Manning didn't have weapons and a good running game around him early on. On a side not, I don't know about you, but I'd like to see my team make more of a commitment to the run game. I think the Pats have become a little too much of a finesse team and not being able to pick up 3rd and 1's and 4th and 2's killed them this year.

As far as the old "defense and kicker" argument - wasn't Vanderjerk one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history? He had that huge miss against Pitt in the playoffs but Vinatieri also missed FGs in the playoffs too. Luckily, none of them were that late in the game. And if we're talking about QB ratings, what the kickers do doesn't really matter. Also, I think the Colts D the last 5 years is close to what the Pats had earlier in the decade. I'm too lazy to look up the rankings but I bet that they are very similar.

As far as your boy MZ5, he's a disgrace to all Colts fans if you ask me. Saying Manning could take the Lions to the SB is a slap in the face to Wayne, Clark, Saturday, Brackett, Mathis, Freeney and Co. He's basically saying that the Colts minus Manning are the Lions. As much as I am a fan of Brady, there is no way that he takes the Lions to the SB.

I'm not sure how much longer you want to keep this going but I'm about done. I understand that you and other Colts fan will always think Manning is better than Brady. As an earlier posted said, perception is very important. I couldn't agree more. Most non-Patriots fans consider Manning the better QB. I think some of that is because Manning has always been a better Fantasy QB. He has put of better stats almost every year. Why? Because he is a hell of a QB, almost always has good weapons around him, and he plays in a dome. Brady is also a hell of a QB, has not always had good weapons around him, and has to play a lot of games in bad conditions. So fantasy-wise, it's a no brainer. But so far, no one has really been able to explain why Brady has a better rating when looking at their career road games.

My point had less to do with stats, and more to do with situation. Part of the reason why Trent Dilfer had a DECENT year in 2000 was because the Ravens had a great running game, and one of the best DEF's of all time. Had he been asked to throw 25+ times a game, he woulda been benched by week 3. My point is, when you have the surrounding parts that Brady was afforded when he stepped into a starting role, a QB's job is a LOT easier. Look at Stafford and Sanchez, and exaggerate it. Is Sanchez better than Stafford just b/c his team made the AFC Championship game? We don't know yet, too early. But Stafford struggled a lot, and threw a lot of INT's because he was asked to make his team a pass-first offense, and lead a ton of comebacks because his DEF was AWFUL. On the other hand, Sanchez was asked to MANAGE games. Now he certainly threw his share of INT's, and made his share of bad decisions...but the last few weeks of the season, and the post-season, he led his team to a lot of big wins. He was afforded a top-notch DEF, and the #1 overall running game. If he was put into Stafford's role of throwing 30+ times, I'm fairly confident the Jets would have failed to make the playoffs, and Sanchez would have had an awful rookie campaign.

That has a lot to do with Manning's career QB rating, road rating, INT total...and like-wise, has had a positive impact on Brady's career.

Anyways, I agree about the running game...very rarely can a team go all the way JUST with a passing game. Heck, the Colts even relied heavily on the running game in our SB run in 2006. The Saints, I believe, ranked top5 in rushing this season. I also agree, to mz5's disagreement, that he hasn't treated this loss very well. All I ask is that I don't get grouped into a "fan who can't lose with grace". I'm not saying that's necessarily the case with mz5, as I don't know him personally...And I don't mean to get on his bad side as a fellow Colts' fan, but I believe he's crossed the line in a few threads/posts.

But the fact that you recognize that most people outside of NE recognize Manning as a better QB than Brady...doesn't that tell you something? I know you mention fantasy, but don't you think it's a bit of homerism to say that Brady is the better QB? I know winning counts for A LOT - but you must recognize that football is the epitome of a team sport. For instance, Chris Johnson just put up a top5-10 RB season EVER, yet his team didn't even make the playoffs...can you hold that against Chris Johnson, and consider his season a failiure? As you're well aware, the Patriots' SuperBowls were a result of MUCH more than Tom Brady...had they won 3 SB's in the past few years, with Brady being the out-right leader, and out-right focal point of the offense, leading a porous DEF to a few rings??? Then hands-down he'd be better than Manning. But the fact of the matter is, Brady relied a lot on his teammates to win those rings...and I still believe the Patriots HAVE NOT won a championship as a pass-happy, offensive-minded team.

How is that a disgrace to all Colts fans? And asking you for an opinion, clearly you aren't going to give a sane one.

Has nothing to do with a slap in the face of the other players, people have said it before. If Manning were to go to another team, I picked the Lions, it would make them a contender, where if Brady did, it wouldn't promise anything.

Stop trying to make people out to be worse than you. It isn't going to happen. At least my head isn't shoved up Brady's behind, like yours is.

And btw, I am not Kbm's boy. He and I are no longer on the same page, nor do either of us represent each other.

I also agree, to mz5's disagreement, that he hasn't treated this loss very well. All I ask is that I don't get grouped into a "fan who can't lose with grace". I'm not saying that's necessarily the case with mz5, as I don't know him personally...And I don't mean to get on his bad side as a fellow Colts' fan, but I believe he's crossed the line in a few threads/posts.

Dude, I asked you to stop. If you continue on attacking me, this isn't going to get you anywhere. This is the last time I ask you to stop. You don't know anything about me and making up stuff about me is getting very old. Please, GROW UP.

Dude, I asked you to stop. If you continue on attacking me, this isn't going to get you anywhere. This is the last time I ask you to stop. You don't know anything about me and making up stuff about me is getting very old. Please, GROW UP.

Dude, I'm chill, i'm relaxed, i've grown up. I'm not tryin to pick a fight with you. If you can't take someone saying they think you've crossed the line, than I don't know what to tell you. I'm just making sure you really understand what you're saying, and this time it isn't just a bad reaction from a fan, the words you've said are a bit harsh.

Again, I mean no disrespect, but you just haven't been the same poster ever since the Colts lost the SuperBowl.

Dude, I'm chill, i'm relaxed, i've grown up. I'm not tryin to pick a fight with you. If you can't take someone saying they think you've crossed the line, than I don't know what to tell you. I'm just making sure you really understand what you're saying, and this time it isn't just a bad reaction from a fan, the words you've said are a bit harsh.

Again, I mean no disrespect, but you just haven't been the same poster ever since the Colts lost the SuperBowl.

Seriously, get over yourself.

Seriously, get over yourself.

Honestly, what has gotten into you?

I didn't mention one fighting word in my last post, and just said I'm not getting all worked up over this and not trying to start a b!tching war over this....and you come back with, "get over yourself"?

We're supposed to be on the same side on here....c'mon now.

Honestly, what has gotten into you?

I didn't mention one fighting word in my last post, and just said I'm not getting all worked up over this and not trying to start a b!tching war over this....and you come back with, "get over yourself"?

We're supposed to be on the same side on here....c'mon now.

Well, you have made it clear you stand alone. You choose to just openly attack me in multiple threads. I didn't do anything to you. I don't comment about you when I feel you had crossed a line or were just being out of line with post, even if it was towards Pat fans.

I don't know why you choose to attack me over and over. I don't get it. But, whatever. I am sure, I am wrong with my post here and I am making Colts fans look horrible all over the world.