Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Hard to host the Winter Olympics if the temperature...

I'll pull out a few sentences that grabbed my attention from the article.....

Some Vancouverites are now referring to them as "The Brown Games,'' given the muddy conditions at Cypress Mountain.

"When I got off the airplane it was like, 'What's this green grass doing here? This is the Winter Olympics,''' U.S. speedskater Trevor Marsicano said Sunday

Trouble is, with Opening Ceremonies only five days away, the above-freezing temperatures in Vancouver — it got above 50 on Saturday

In Vancouver, along the city streets and gardens, crocuses are starting to sprout and apple blossoms are starting to bud on trees, making for an unusual sight for a Winter Games host city

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/wi...mes-near-020810

LOOK OUT FOR THE ROCKS :o

What is unusual is the lack of snow on the North Shore Mountains, which have experienced one of the warmest months of January on record.

Meanwhile we are getting snow again in Nashville...and the county schools have already run through their built in snow days.

Meanwhile we are getting snow again in Nashville...and the county schools have already run through their built in snow days.

nothing like school until June :thumbsdown:

I wish we could get 3 inches of snow just once :mad:

I'll pull out a few sentences that grabbed my attention from the article.....

Some Vancouverites are now referring to them as "The Brown Games,'' given the muddy conditions at Cypress Mountain.

Well, at least we know where PhillyBear went...he should be favored to win multiple Gold Medals.

2 posts in. I expected it to be 1. Little late.

:(

I tried to be #1 relpy. :mad:

:music_guitarred:

Move it to DC and Baltimore and Philly and the Susquehanna Valley and northern Virginia... spread all the events around.

Just use I-83 around Parkton for the ski jump. :music_guitarred:

Barely any snow here... wants some plows? :mad:

Jim Cantori reporting in Vancouver live for the weather channel. They were expecting .25 inches of rain, but noooo .75 inches of rain. This was the worst that could happen. It melts snow faster than a 60 degree day :thumbsup:

weather forcast for the opening ceremony at the winter olympics tomorrow night DRUMROLL PLEASE

a balmy 47 with rain :banana:

Jim Cantori reporting in Vancouver live for the weather channel. They were expecting .25 inches of rain, but noooo .75 inches of rain. This was the worst that could happen. It melts snow faster than a 60 degree day :rolleyes:

weather forcast for the opening ceremony at the winter olympics tomorrow night DRUMROLL PLEASE

a balmy 47 with rain :shocking:

:lol:

Heard on TV that Vancouver's annual high Temp. in Feb is in the mid to low 40s. Its the warmest city ever to host the Winter Olympics.

Heard on TV that Vancouver's annual high Temp. in Feb is in the mid to low 40s. Its the warmest city ever to host the Winter Olympics.

I bet they never get it again