Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

The Bears are at it again!

Bears hire Tim Ruskell

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 23, 2010 7:49 PM ET

We noted last week that the Bears were poised to hire former Seahawks General Manager Tim Ruskell, and now the deal is reportedly done.

Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that Ruskell has agreed to become the Bears' director of player personnel, and the deal is expected to be announced in the next 48 hours.

Ruskell and Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo are friends who previously worked together with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Although he apparently won't have the same title, Ruskell is filling a void left when the Bears fired senior director of pro personnel Bobby DePaul.

Ruskell resigned in December after five years with the Seahawks.

:thumbsup:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...re-tim-ruskell/

And if you thought that was funny, check out the comments :thumbsup:

23 Responses to "Bears hire Tim Ruskell"

last starfighter says:

February 23, 2010 7:54 PM

Man, things just keep getting worse and worse in chi town.

favres_right_tendon says:

February 23, 2010 7:57 PM

the Bears just continue to make stupid moves...when will it ever end?

Tr3pidation says:

February 23, 2010 7:59 PM

Ahhahahahahahahahaha. Poor Bears fans.

FumbleNuts says:

February 23, 2010 8:04 PM

hahahahahahahahahaa!

Little Tommy says:

February 23, 2010 8:05 PM

the Bears just continue to make stupid moves...when will it ever end?

Take it from a long suffering Bears fan...IT NEVER ENDS!

Opie says:

February 23, 2010 8:05 PM

Doh!?! So glad I'm not a Bears' fan. That's like your basement bathroom clogging up and then blowing up while you're out of town....

Nasty!

purpleguy says:

February 23, 2010 8:06 PM

Why not hire the guy that turned the Seahawks into such a dominant team through a series of awesome and astute moves.

roofles says:

February 23, 2010 8:07 PM

i think this just proves that the NFL, for management and coaching positions, is a good ol boys network. good god, ruskell ran the seahawks into the ground, he's going to demolish the bears.

Little Tommy says:

February 23, 2010 8:07 PM

We all know what great success Seattle has had the last few years (LOL), so let's bring their guy to Chicago. Honest, the guys running the show in Chicago are morons.

Shmolzer says:

February 23, 2010 8:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I'm a.............

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hawks fan and I just lost 10 bucks, to myself!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

joneser says:

February 23, 2010 8:41 PM

Well Virgina I hope your happy knowing George Halas is rolling in his grave because of you have ruined the Bears. Unfortunatley your son is not any smarter then you so we have many more bad years coming!

Chickenfoot says:

February 23, 2010 8:46 PM

purpleguy says:

Why not hire the guy that turned the Seahawks into such a dominant team through a series of awesome and astute moves.

================================

They can't do that. he is currently the GM of the Packers.

phillyeagleschamps says:

February 23, 2010 9:28 PM

Anything worthy come out of Chicago?

phillyeagleschamps says:

February 23, 2010 9:29 PM

Anything worthy come out of Chicago?

biglebronski10 says:

February 23, 2010 9:32 PM

purpleguy says:

================================

Chickenfoot says:

February 23, 2010 8:46 PM

They can't do that. he is currently the GM of the Packers.

Funny, I thought he was the President of the Browns... either way, the guy we're talking about hasn't been hired by the Bears.

damn, i was hoping to beat you to this news. :thumbsup:

Nice job Bears, way to aim high :dunno:

Well, as a suffering fan, all I can hope for is that maybe another wrong move by the powers in charge make it more likely that we will have a total house cleaning next year.

Yes, that is sad, but optimism not very high in Chicago.

It does make for fun sports radio talk, though.

Maybe Tim Ruskell was over his head as GM, but the thing is he was very good at scouting, which is why he got the shot at being a GM in the first place.

An anology

D.ick Lebeau was not cut out to be a head coach, however he is one of the top coordinators in the league.

whatever makes you guys feel better :thumbsdown:

I don't pay for that ESPN insider crap, but there is a link on the front page of ESPN.com that says they are in play for LT and Peppers.

LT would be a great signing, as the bears could unleash a duo of sub 4.0 ypc RB's on the league.

Peppers should stay away. He might end up dropping dead.

Maybe Tim Ruskell was over his head as GM, but the thing is he was very good at scouting, which is why he got the shot at being a GM in the first place.

An anology

D.ick Lebeau was not cut out to be a head coach, however he is one of the top coordinators in the league.

They'll bring in great linebackers. Thats about it.

QUOTE(FlaHawker @ Jan 22 2007, 04:16 PM)

Keep up the good work Ruskell!!

:lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Why haven't you given us article after article about how awesome the Ruskell signing was?

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the "Retard Rumble!"

Flahawker vs Sweetness_34

This one is too close to call...that retard strength is some scary stuff man.

:bandana:

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the "Retard Rumble!"

Flahawker vs Sweetness_34

This one is too close to call...that retard strength is some scary stuff man.

:overhead:

:dunno:

Both the Bears and Seahawks suck.

ITSATIP

I woke up this morning remembering that my favorite team doesn't employ Tim Ruskell, Mike Martz or Mike Tice.

I've had a smile on my face ever since. :unsure:

At least all three are now with an organization that did not make the mistake of over promoting them.

I woke up this morning remembering that my favorite team doesn't employ Tim Ruskell, Mike Martz or Mike Tice.

I've had a smile on my face ever since. :unsure:

WEEEEEEEEE! Seahawks! :dunno:

4-12, 5-11 ... 6-10 here we come BABY! :overhead:

WEEEEEEEEE! Seahawks! :mellow:

4-12, 5-11 ... 6-10 here we come BABY! :banana:

Buh Bye Greg Olsen, hello Brandon Manumaleuna :music_guitarred: :lol:

Following Mike Martz's hire as offensive coordinator of the Chicago Bears, we speculated that perhaps the Bears would consider trading Olsen. Nothing's happened yet, but as we know, no official trades can take place until Friday. But there has been one development: Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune has word from multiple league sources that the Bears might sign Brandon Manumaleuna, a stout blocking-oriented TE. He's the type of player at TE that Martz loves, and his signing could indicate that the team is moving Olsen.

NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert noted previously that what the team does with Olsen will give us a clue as to how flexible Martz really is in adapting his system to the Bears' personnel. The Tribune's Dan Pompei, meanwhile, provided a good reason why they shouldn't trade Olsen: Martz (and Lovie) might not be around in 2011, and the new regime might be more TE-friendly. Matt Williamson of Scouts, Inc. thinks the Bears would be wise to take offers for Olsen (and Devin Hester) seriously

Buh Bye Greg Olsen, hello Brandon Manumaleuna :music_guitarred: :mellow:

Yes, I have heard some chatter on this. Maybe Olsen could get the Bears back into the early draft with a trade or maybe its just unfounded rumours. We'll see.

At least all three are now with an organization that did not make the mistake of over promoting them.

:headbanger: How would one go about over promoting a turd?

Buh Bye Greg Olsen, hello Brandon Manumaleuna :banana: :banana:

Sweet. Trade your best offensive player so you can bring in Martz players for a Martz offense. This is going to work out well.

JT O'Sullivan and Isaac Bruce are on their way. :headbanger:

Sweet. Trade your best offensive player so you can bring in Martz players for a Martz offense. This is going to work out well.

JT O'Sullivan and Isaac Bruce are on their way. :headbanger:

Look, let's not be overly critical here. Even if they trade Olsen away, Cutler didn't throw to him anyway...he was to busy hitting defenders squarely in their #'s.

See your Seahawks exciting off season threads.

Over promotion at its finest:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...utler&st=80

I'm thrilled with this deal. The bears still have another 3rd rounder, so that helps.

Wow

While Denver got good pick value, the deal throws them into rebuild mode and they will likely be a top 10 pick next year.

Expect Pace to be signed and hopefully a vet WR like Holt or Harrison. Cutler should attract them somewhat.

A do nothing off season was just righted with this move.

Yes, Denver got pretty good pick value. Two 1st round picks for 26 INT's. :headbanger:

Over promotion at its finest:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...utler&st=80

Yes, Denver got pretty good pick value. Two 1st round picks for 26 INT's. :headbanger:

This is a long term deal and I wouldn't judge it on one year. Denver fans that I know would still rather have Cutler than the picks.

Cutler + Knox for Orton, the 2nd round CB that Denver acquired and this year's 1st. I would still take the deal today.

This is a long term deal and I wouldn't judge it on one year. Denver fans that I know would still rather have Cutler than the picks.

Cutler + Knox for Orton, the 2nd round CB that Denver acquired and this year's 1st. I would still take the deal today.

True, he's still young and cocky. His first season in Chicago was a disaster. We'll see if Jay grew up any this season. I don't think running a Martz offense will help him out any, but thats just me. Well, maybe not JUST me but you know what I'm saying.

True, he's still young and cocky. His first season in Chicago was a disaster. We'll see if Jay grew up any this season. I don't think running a Martz offense will help him out any, but thats just me. Well, maybe not JUST me but you know what I'm saying.

I'm not a fan of martz or his offence either. I expect and hope for a coaching house cleaning next year and ex[ect the team to remain mediocre with 7-8 wins. That said, we'll see how Cutler does with Martz and hopefully he cuts his INTs down to a reasonable level. If Martz thinks he can play the greatest show on turf offence in Chicago, then it will be a disaster.

Better lines on both sides of the ball is what is needed. Protection and run blocking was awful and the pass rush on D was weak. They need to focus the off season on upgrading the 280+ pounders.

kampman or peppers + guard + tackle + a DB + backup RB