Sign in to follow this  
FeelingMN

Julius Peppers & Chester Taylor

Watching ESPN....and Schefter is saying both Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor will be visiting Chicago Friday. As a Vikings fan....fock me. This is like a tripple whammy.....getting Peppers would immediately upgrade their defense.....and if they sign Taylor it does two things: 1) the Vikings lose Taylor, who is perhaps the best backup in the league and 2) the Bears would have a runningback who could actually run.

:overhead:

I don't get the Chester Taylor signing??? I mean I like Chester Taylor and all, but isn't he a good pass catching RB... sorta like Matt Forte.

Bears should put that money into their OL, no?

I agree....it's like the Bears are playing FF. They go for all these high profile names, but they neglect the grunts....good luck with Left Tackle next year.

True, both Taylor and Forte are good pass catching backs...but Taylor > Forte as far as a runner....and if they could actually run the ball, it would take some of the heat off of Cutler.

Also...nobody has signed in Chicago.....yet....they're just visiting. We'll see if Chicago lets either guy leave without signing.

I agree....it's like the Bears are playing FF. They go for all these high profile names, but they neglect the grunts....good luck with Left Tackle next year.

True, both Taylor and Forte are good pass catching backs...but Taylor > Forte as far as a runner....and if they could actually run the ball, it would take some of the heat off of Cutler.

Also...nobody has signed in Chicago.....yet....they're just visiting. We'll see if Chicago lets either guy leave without signing.

Agree pretty much overall. But I think Forte ran well his rookie year. Granted I didnt see too much of the Bears last year, but it looked like his OL was the bigger issue, and not so much Forte's ability.

But yeah, either way. Seems wasteful for the Bears. But then again, having depth at the RB position is never a bad thing.

Peppers may now have an offer from the Pats as well according to ESPN's Free agent blog.

Peppers may now have an offer from the Pats as well according to ESPN's Free agent blog.

And they play a 3-4.....and Peppers wants to be an OLB.....seems like a perfect fit.

Dear Julius Peppers....please stay away from the NFC North.

Even if both Taylor and Peppers sign in Chicago they still wont catch up with GB or Vikes(assuming favre is back). These are desperate moves by a coach and GM on the hot seat.

Even if both Taylor and Peppers sign in Chicago they still wont catch up with GB or Vikes(assuming favre is back). These are desperate moves by a coach and GM on the hot seat.

We have a winner :doublethumbsup:

They brought in "Brandon Malaeamalauaanaanana" as a blocking TE, cause in Martz's system the TEs job is to block. They are looking to trade Olsen for a 2nd round pick...or so I've been hearing on local radio.

Every team should be "desperate" to improve. They would be moves that would fill holes and improve the team. What's wrong with that?

A cover 2 defence needs front four pressure consistently. peppers is the best player available to help that out. It makes the whole defence better and covers up other deficiencies. Add to that the return of Urlacher and the defence would take two big steps forward.

Kampman is plan B if Peppers doesnt work out, so they will be spending on DE this off season one way or another.

Taylor is a backup which is definately needed and it would take him away from Minn. as long as he doesnt cost alot, I am fine with him.

Every team should be "desperate" to improve. They would be moves that would fill holes and improve the team. What's wrong with that?

You are correct, every team should go out and break the bank, signing 2 older free agents to large contracts always works out. <_<

You are correct, every team should go out and break the bank, signing 2 older free agents to large contracts always works out. <_<

As opposed to sitting on your hands and accepting mediocrity? One of my old bosses used to have a phrase he always used - "Do something! Even if its wrong"

Any signing or draft pick could bust and be a mistake. Teams spend a fortune on 1st round rookies and half the time they are busts - what's the difference?

I'll take action over pinching pennies anyday.

As opposed to sitting on your hands and accepting mediocrity? One of my old bosses used to have a phrase he always used - "Do something! Even if its wrong"

Any signing or draft pick could bust and be a mistake. Teams spend a fortune on 1st round rookies and half the time they are busts - what's the difference?

I'll take action over pinching pennies anyday.

1rst round rookies are reasonably prices once you get outside the top 7-8 picks. And i agree the Bears should do something, but they are trying to sign the most expensive DE on the market. The only reason to go after the most expensive guys if you are mortgaging the future to save your job. Giving Peppers 15-20 million a year does not just limit what other free agents you can bring in this year, it limits what free agents the bears can bring in for the next 2-3 years.

Bears agreed to terms with RB Chester Taylor on a four-year, $12.5 million contract, including $7 million guaranteed.

Matt Forte becomes a committee back at best, and it's believed he may even lose his starting job after a sophomore slide. Mar. 5 - 2:02 pm et

That is reasonably priced. The downside for the bears is now the vikings are allowed to sign a free agent. Since the vikings were a top 8 team they were waiting for Taylor to leave.

Viking and fudgepacker fans are shiatting in their pants

Taylor already a Bear

Peppers next...Peppers owned the queens last year <_<

Chester:

Bears agreed to terms with RB Chester Taylor on a four-year, $12.5 million contract, including $7 million guaranteed.

Matt Forte becomes a committee back, and it's believed he may even lose his starting job. Kevin Jones, who missed all of '09 with a serious ankle injury, will likely be released. Taylor is going on age 31 and managed just 3.6 YPC last season, but has caught at least 41 passes in four of the last five years. He becomes the immediate favorite for passing-down duties, which is a vital role in pass-happy OC Mike Martz's system. The Bears' RB situation will be one to avoid in non-PPR 2010 fantasy leagues. Mar. 5 - 2:02 pm et

Peppers:

Report: Peppers taking physical, deal is "imminent"

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 5, 2010 1:57 PM ET After hearing Julius Peppers' agent's statements last night, it was only a matter of time before the prize of this free agent crop signed with the Bears.

The time is near.

Neil Hayes of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that Peppers is taking a physical in Chicago and a signing is imminent.

The only question left is how much money Peppers will earn. Hayes hears that Peppers will earn $12-14 million-per-year over six years, which is actually less than we imagined.

It's all about the structure. We'd be surprised if Peppers doesn't get the most guaranteed money for a defender in league history.

Viking and fudgepacker fans are shiatting in their pants

Taylor already a Bear

Peppers next...Peppers owned the queens last year <_<

Packer fans are shiatting their pants because the Bears signed a 30 year old backup RB that the Packers are already used to seeing twice a year but with a better offense?

Hah!!!

As for Peppers...could turn out nice...he could end up unmotivated and you all will be on the hook for a nice chunk of change while he is able to be single teamed at times.

You are correct, every team should go out and break the bank, signing 2 older free agents to large contracts always works out. :thumbsup:

I see your point....you need not look any further than Washington to see that money spent <> performance on the field. Still, both Peppers and Taylor have something left in the tank....and considering the lack of draft picks the Bears had this year, they did what they could to improve their team....and make no mistake about it....they improved their team today....just not as much as Bears' fans think.

Fudgepacker fans are shiatting in their pants because you have to face Tommie Harris, Peppers, Alex Brown, Harrison, Urlacher, Briggs with no OL....Clifton is gone, most lilkely to Redskins

Who is going to protect Rodgers? Oh yes, TJ Lang.... bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

All the shiat you guys talked will come back to bite you when Rodgers breaks a leg and is done after the Bears D kills him like they were doing in the 1st game of the year before Urlacher got injured.

Just because your GM has no clue how to sign a FA ever, do not blame the Bears for making a killing in the FA market. :thumbsup:

You are correct, every team should go out and break the bank, signing 2 older free agents to large contracts always works out. :thumbsup:

Oh like the Vikings did a few years back and have been doing it for a while???? I remember some team over paying for Berrian.

You are worried because Peppers single handedly destroyed the Minny OL....now add him to the Bears D and I understand why you are afraid and mad at the same time. We already beat you once last year. Now old man Favre is going to get hit even more.....good luck trying to even win the div next year .... Favre may just retire now realizing how Peppers will make your LT his beotch again

Go look at this video again....carefully. You will see what Peppers did to your team single handedly....ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjK3nq4NCnE

Fudgepacker fans are shiatting in their pants because you have to face Tommie Harris, Peppers, Alex Brown, Harrison, Urlacher, Briggs with no OL....Clifton is gone, most lilkely to Redskins

All the shiat you guys talked will come back to bite you when Rodgers breaks a leg and is done after the Bears D kills him like they were doing in the 1st game of the year before Urlacher got injured.

Just because your GM has no clue how to sign a FA ever, do not blame the Bears for making a killing in the FA market. :thumbsup:

Isn't this why the Vikings won the division last year? They have both a stud DE and a solid LT.

But I'm sure the Bears will find someone to fill Orlando Pace's shoes. :unsure:

Just because your GM has no clue how to sign a FA ever, do not blame the Bears for making a killing in the FA market. :unsure:

Look at you pumping your chest.

This team will be 6-10. Book it.

They give all this money to a QB that folds under pressure. And surround him with the worst WR core in the league, and a bottom 5 O-line.

But now they have a nice backup RB.

:thumbsup:

Bears have do something and after Gaines Adams passed away, they need an upgrade on the line. They generate absolutely zero pressure and you cannot play defense that way. Now, I probably would rather have gone with the Green Bay guy, even with the sore knee issue, but they had to do something and in an uncapped year, why not?

I like the Chester Taylor signing because he can pass block and they need a quality back to go with Forte. Not a ton of mile on the guy although he is not a youngster.

The big TE? I dunno, but Martz wants a blocking TE, so why not. Olson cannot blocak and he is probably on way out anyways.

They REALLY need a safety. Not sure where that is coming from.

At least they are trying something. After last year and with this coaching staff, they need to generate some excitement around Chicago.

Oh like the Vikings did a few years back and have been doing it for a while???? I remember some team over paying for Berrian.

You are worried because Peppers single handedly destroyed the Minny OL....now add him to the Bears D and I understand why you are afraid and mad at the same time. We already beat you once last year. Now old man Favre is going to get hit even more.....good luck trying to even win the div next year .... Favre may just retire now realizing how Peppers will make your LT his beotch again

Go look at this video again....carefully. You will see what Peppers did to your team single handedly....ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjK3nq4NCnE

I will say this...you're gonna get your money's worth whenever Chicago plays on SNF or MNF....the other 13 games will be like watching Geraldo crack Al Capone's vault.

And Berrian is still the best receiver Chicago's had in the past few years.

Good luck in the draft this year filling the other 14 holes your team has. :thumbsup:

A. Clifton is not yet gone.

B. Seriously stop with the Alex Brown love...you are only making yourself look dumb.

C. The Bears D was not killing them in game one before Urlacher got hurt.

D. Our GM has made one of the best free agent signings in recent years. Can you name me the last player who was signed in the first day or two of free agency that had a huge impact for his team?

E. Enjoy being the 2010 version of the skins...signing everyone to big contracts but still sucking...especially given you all have not addressed your biggest weakness...your OL.

I watched every game last year and the defense was the worst part of the team last year. Yea the O-line needs help, but that Defense stops nobody.

I watched every game last year and the defense was the worst part of the team last year. Yea the O-line needs help, but that Defense stops nobody.

100% agreed. Without Urlacher and with no pass rush, this D was the big issue. After Chris Williams moved to LT, and Omiyale got some reps, the OL started playing much better. Look at the Vikings-Bears game in Solider Field where Cutler passed for 4 TDs. The Bears are addressing exactly what they needed to. Only thing they need to do now is safety.....and this draft is full of FS and they should get quality in the 3rd round too. Mayock just said it on NFL Network. :unsure: :thumbsup:

Again, who will protect Rodgers? Thats right .... no one....

Defense was bad...but i don't think it was as much the Dline...more missing Urlacher and other LBs as well as a poor secondary.

But that Oline is not good. Adding a blocking TE and backup RB won't help them in keeping Cutler upright in a Martz offense.

Defense was bad...but i don't think it was as much the Dline...more missing Urlacher and other LBs as well as a poor secondary.

But that Oline is not good. Adding a blocking TE and backup RB won't help them in keeping Cutler upright in a Martz offense.

You can keep being in denial ..... you should worry about who is going to keep Rodgers upright in a pass first offense that refuses to run the ball? :thumbsup:

A. Clifton is not yet gone.

YOu keep believing that.....like SNyder will let him go when the SKins desperately need OL after cutting their starting OG and Samuels retiring.

You can keep being in denial ..... you should worry about who is going to keep Rodgers upright in a pass first offense that refuses to run the ball? :thumbsup:

I am wondering what will happen on our Oline...but for some reason...that has absolutely nothing to do with the Bears Oline now does it?

Refuses to run the ball? Seriously, if you are going to be this ignorant...stop posting. But we know this won't happen.

GB ran the ball effectively last year...and that is with a prolific passing offense...even with that passing offense...they ran the ball 438 times last year to 553 pass attempts. Pretty much average for the league (they ranked 15th in rush attempts, 10th in pass attempts).

And someone cheering for a team with an offense by Mike Martz is going to pull the "refuses to run the ball" card.

Hah!!!

D. Our GM has made one of the best free agent signings in recent years. Can you name me the last player who was signed in the first day or two of free agency that had a huge impact for his team?

And Sweetness...I noticed you parsed the rest of my posts...so do you have an answer for this?

Oh...and tell me more about Alex Brown again...hahahahaha!!!!

the bears sign peppers and taylor....

the vikes peek at kampman and tomlinson....

meanwhile...TT decides to roll over on to his other side..gets sore when you sleep on 1 side too long....

Just because your GM has no clue how to sign a FA ever, do not blame the Bears for making a killing in the FA market. :ninja:

whoa...hold on....

TT is again napping..despite having a vaultload of cash to spend....

but that doesnt mean anyone fears chicago....

its minnys division until favre is gone and that isnt 2010...maybe 2011, but favre isnt retiring yet....

but wildcard? maybe...and with the tougher schedule...thats a slight maybe.....

but no...no one is fearing the bears....(today anyway)

the bears sign peppers and taylor....

the vikes peek at kampman and tomlinson....

meanwhile...TT decides to roll over on to his other side..gets sore when you sleep on 1 side too long....

So again I ask..."Can you name me the last player who was signed in the first day or two of free agency that had a huge impact for his team?"

Other than not signing their own guys (and I think they gave quite a fair offer to Clifton)...what really should they be doing?

So again I ask..."Can you name me the last player who was signed in the first day or two of free agency that had a huge impact for his team?"

Other than not signing their own guys (and I think they gave quite a fair offer to Clifton)...what really should they be doing?

I dont understand the point you are driving at. Are you saying all 1st day signings fail?

I dont understand the point you are driving at. Are you saying all 1st day signings fail?

All fail? No, not that strong.

Im saying fans get all excited about big name day one signings...but for the most part, they do not have the huge impact that people think they will when the season actually plays out.

Best you can come up with recently as a high impact FA is Drew Brees...and it was 11 days after FA started and he was courted with caution because of the shoulder.

Some of the best signings in recent years came later in FA (Woodson as a great example).

So the talk from Bmoney of Thompson napping is funny...he is blinded by his dislike as usual there.