Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

Seahawks fans

:lol: You poor seahawks fans are lost now. :unsure: This is the best the board has been in two years!

ah, the good ol' days. It was a great thread I never read. The view count was spectacular. On a positive note, my 9 and 5 year olds love full house. I get to listen to Joey Gladstone every focking night from 7-8pm in the strapper house!

What happened?

All that work, all the discussion, gone. :shocking:

Are we going to lose our LOST thread on the Geek bored too? :thumbsdown:

My story has been told!

Get Spiller! (My story has officially been told too now - :pointstosky:)

By the way - I'm off the Berry bandwagon now if any of you Hawkers care. Probably not, since most of you don't agree with what I have to say.

He's off my board at #6. I can explain if anybody does want to hear it.

T. Williams seems like the perfect fit at 6 though. (Need/Talent/Value/Stud ready/$$$ for #6 pick/System/Etc.)

Get Spiller! (My story has officially been told too now - :dunno:)

By the way - I'm off the Berry bandwagon now if any of you Hawkers care. Probably not, since most of you don't agree with what I have to say.

He's off my board at #6. I can explain if anybody does want to hear it.

T. Williams seems like the perfect fit at 6 though. (Need/Talent/Value/Stud ready/$$$ for #6 pick/System/Etc.)

Go ahead and explain your thoughts on Berry before this thread gets deleted too.

The thread had become a diary. It lived a long enough life. It is a different year and a new season is ahead. Perhaps you could start a new thread instead of complaining about the past.

The thread had become a diary. It lived a long enough life. It is a different year and a new season is ahead. Perhaps you could start a new thread instead of complaining about the past.

We started a new thread after last season ended and the off season started. It WAS a new thread. We could do a search and find the 2008-2009 season thread. This WAS a new season thread.

????

The last month had nothing but draft talk - That is not complaining about the past. And there also had been no flame wars of late either.

Whatever. Maybe a new thread is best from all the earlier stuff that was on it. (Maybe we need a "Hawks Draft Talk" thread instead)

But, there was alot of good info in that thread that's now just flat out gone. Sorry you don't like to hear about that Hawks.

I don't really care to see allot of junk in these threads/boards either. You choose to read, respond, or ignore it.

this thread sucks without me being able to rankle FlaHawker :thumbsdown:

Go ahead and explain your thoughts on Berry before this thread gets deleted too.

Berry:

I do think Berry is somewhat of a playmaker and could be an ok player in the NFL, but do you want an OK player at #6?

Is he going to be the best Safety in this draft? Can he help us the most? Is he worth pick #6 and money tied up at Safety that doesn't see the ball allot?

Stats Berry:

07 - 52 solo tack, 34 ast, 1 ff, 5 int's, 1 TD

08 - 44 solo tack, 28 ast, 0 ff, 7 int's, 2 TD

09 - 54 solo tack, 29 ast, 1 ff, 2 int's, 0 TD

Stats Thomas:

08 - 52 solo tack, 19 ast, 4 ff, 2 int's, 0 TD

09 - 44 solo tack, 19 ast, 1 ff, 8 int's, 2 TD

Stats T. Mays:

06 - 38 solo tack, 24 ast, 0 ff, 3 int's, 0 TD

07 - 36 solo tack, 29 ast, 1 ff, 1 int, 0 TD

08 - 38 solo tack, 15 ast, 0 ff, 0 int, 0 TD

09 - 45 solo tack, 43 ast, 0 ff, 1 int, 0 TD

Ok, so Mays doesn't really compare stat wise, but he's known for a hard hitter and showed speed at the combine. (However, I don't think he's pads fast) But, lets leave him out of this as I wouldn't want him at 14 with better options out there.

Berry and Thomas are very close stat wise though. Thomas appears to maybe even have more upside with only playing 2 seasons and going from 2 int's to 8 the next year. Both seem similar though overall stat wise and even size/weight/etc..

Berry is only a JR. which is a nice thing too.

But here's my first question: Should Berry be that much more highly ranked based off these numbers alone?

Would it be better to get Thomas at 14 if you really wanted a safety in the first round? (And go something else at 6)

Ok, now onto "my perceptions" and "some things I've read" etc.

I've heard "Berry doesn't tackle all that well and it might be his biggest weakness"?

Ok my View: He IS kinda thin and small. From what I've seen on film and watching him is he's always the 2nd or 3rd guy on the play. To me he never was the impact guy "making the big hit" and "forcing the turnover". He was rather the one that benifited from it as he was the help man. And the numbers/stats show this: Not that many Int's, Not many FF, and LOTS of ast tackles.

So is he a playmaker or not? Can he even Tackel good enough?

Coverage skills of my view: So this is where I'm also concerned though. He seemed like he was beat often or "LATE" and out of possition making him the 2nd or 3rd option on the play. This is limited basis of what I've seen/film. But, the numbers kind of support it.

Further data: He struggled in a zone/tampa 2 Def. Basically what the Hawks run (Even though I hate our zone currently)

He also played FS, and the Hawks need a SS. Can his size and ability make him a good SS in the NFL?

He looks more like a Corner. He makes plays cause he's athletic and a good returner.

But, is he going to be a GREAT "coverage saftey" and your safety is suppost to tackle good?

Now a little bit onto Thomas:

From what I've seen of him he also makes plays. (The Int's back that up) and he's good in coverage. I'm not sure of his tackeling ability, but his tackles are equal to Berry also. I saw him fly at a few tackels and looked good and forced lost yardage. He's quick and athletic and can grow even more as he only played 2 years. He had double the Int's and I saw allot of them on film. He made those happen all by himself, to where Berry's were hand gifted.

Bottom Line:

Is the 6th pick worth this possition anyway? Not like a LT who is a main cog on every Offensive snap.

Can we get Thomas at 14 and have just as good as a Safety as Berry? Probably

Is Berry just a athletic player that can make some plays here and there OR is he going to "truley" be an impact player? Average, not impact Is Berry even the right guy for Coverage/Run Support? Still not sure, and it's not worth the #6 pick

Is the money worth putting on a Safety compared to a LT, RB, QB? Still not sure, but I'm thinking no.

Is a Safety going to make an impact in the next 2 years (Which is critical for Carroll to show some signs of life) ? How about compared to LT?

Can a Safety help that much if our Corners are beat or we can't put pressure on the ball? probably not

Finally - Are there good options at pick 14 that could cover your Def Backfield just as good? Yes - Thomas, Hayden, Mayes if you want to go that route anyway.

I think Oline LT is where we should go now. (Specifically T. Williams and NOT Buluga)

But, Spiller is the impact guy that can light it up on any given play and can touch it at almost any way.

Ok - take this for what's it worth.

But, for me - Berry is probably not my choice at #6. We should be signing somebody though. Like the Rams dude.

Sims for a 4th rounder - who got the better deal. Did Detroit buy a stiff or get a solid value?

Stiff basically

Sims sucked real bad... He would get blown up and basically ran over. It was kind of comedy actually.

That being said - Our entire line had problems, so they would each take turns having there problems at different plays of the game.

All our Sceams and Coaching I'm sure had allot to do with all our problems too and NO running game and QB (Seneca) holding onto the ball to long also.

I'd say this: I wouldn't count on him being an answer, but could provide value if other guy's around him are good. (Unlike here)

But, if Detroit was planning on going Okung then it shouldn't change things.

For a early 5th round pick I'm not sure it's such a horiable deal. Plus they got a 7th round pick back.

But, I won't be missing Sims though! :thumbsup: - Happy for the deal.

And "IIIIFFFFF" we could ever evaluate talent in Seattle then maybe that could become something very good for us. He was labeled at a 4th and we basically got that. I liked the move for us.

Simms can't zone block either so that was another reason we let him go.

This move further provides more reason to go OLINE at #6 or #14 for sure. So if T. Williams is there I think you have to go him.

What's the deal with this Tapp feller you traded to the Eagles?

What's the deal with this Tapp feller you traded to the Eagles?

He was one of my favorite defensive players. His career high is 7 sacks, but he's only 25 and has big upside. Great athlete, high energy guy with a non-stop motor. Was top 10 last season in QB hits and has caused his share of fumbles throughout his career. Came into the league as a situational pass rusher, but has turned himself into a good all-around, every-down player.

With the changes Seattle is making to their defense, he was kind of a guy without a position. I think we gave him away for too little...I would have liked to have gotten at least a 3rd round pick for him. I assume he'll be manning the DE spot opposite Cole. Leaonard Weaver and now Tapp....you guys are welcome :thumbsup:

Sims for a 4th rounder - who got the better deal. Did Detroit buy a stiff or get a solid value?

I like him a little more then Hawkfin. He's a powerful Guard, run-blocking being his forte. Doesn't strike me as the smartest guy. You guys actually gave up an early 5th...so not bad.

He was the best O-lineman on the team last season, not that that says much.

I like him a little more then Hawkfin. He's a powerful Guard, run-blocking being his forte. Doesn't strike me as the smartest guy. You guys actually gave up an early 5th...so not bad.

He was the best O-lineman on the team last season, not that that says much.

Glad he's gone. He bashed Seattle and Allen in his presser for Detroit. Good riddance!

Glad he's gone. He bashed Seattle and Allen in his presser for Detroit. Good riddance!

Yeah fock him, that goes back to what I was saying about him not seeming very smart. If he spent as much time on his footwork and pass blocking as he did complaining he would be a complete player. I also find it telling that his ex coach (Holmgren) decided not to go after him.

For Detroit he will be an upgrade. You guys might want to ease off on the ex-Hawks though. Except for Kelly Jennings, please take him next!!

He was one of my favorite defensive players. His career high is 7 sacks, but he's only 25 and has big upside. Great athlete, high energy guy with a non-stop motor. Was top 10 last season in QB hits and has caused his share of fumbles throughout his career. Came into the league as a situational pass rusher, but has turned himself into a good all-around, every-down player.

With the changes Seattle is making to their defense, he was kind of a guy without a position. I think we gave him away for too little...I would have liked to have gotten at least a 3rd round pick for him. I assume he'll be manning the DE spot opposite Cole. Leaonard Weaver and now Tapp....you guys are welcome :pointstosky:

Ya, I kind of agree with most of this about him - He was ok.

That being said he never seemed to reach the potential that he could be. More average to good player then somebody that will ever amount to a stud or somebody you would talk about. But a decent player. Kinda a roll player.

I think we gave him a little to cheap also, and he was on the young side.

Can't remember - But I thought he got kinda banged up and injured allot also? Might be thinking of somebody else.

However, we do need a complete rebuild of talent and getting a draft pick is always a good start.

What happened to hawker? Our thread disappeared, and now him too?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d...di-s-mock-draft

Hawkfin will like this. Michael Lombardi from NFL Network in his mock draft has the Seahawks taking C.J. Spiller at #6.

I saw that one - Ya, I'd be personally happy. :headbanger: (Then get next best Oline later or Marshall)

They probably wouldn't pass on T. Williams though. Not sure I could blame them. LT is a huge need.

The closer we get to draft day, the more I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Jets taking Kyle Brady in the first round bad feeling.

I do not want a LT in the first round, especially at #6. The talent this year is deep enough, but certainly nothing special at the top at LT. It would be a huge wasted opportunity to take a so-so player like T Williams or Bulaga. Especially if it's the third LT taken. What a huge dissapointment that would be. I'm going on record again as saying Spiller is not a first round talent in my evaluation. If you are rebuilding, why would you take a RB, who would typically have a shelf life of 3 years? RBs are a dime a dozen anymore. How did those RB do behind a Gibbs line in Denver. Didn't matter who ran the ball, ring up about 1300 yards for the season.

Sadly, many people are convinced Seattle is going LT or Spiller with their two first round picks. If Seattle is smart, they take neither.

The closer we get to draft day, the more I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Jets taking Kyle Brady in the first round bad feeling.

I do not want a LT in the first round, especially at #6. The talent this year is deep enough, but certainly nothing special at the top at LT. It would be a huge wasted opportunity to take a so-so player like T Williams or Bulaga. Especially if it's the third LT taken. What a huge dissapointment that would be. I'm going on record again as saying Spiller is not a first round talent in my evaluation. If you are rebuilding, why would you take a RB, who would typically have a shelf life of 3 years? RBs are a dime a dozen anymore. How did those RB do behind a Gibbs line in Denver. Didn't matter who ran the ball, ring up about 1300 yards for the season.

Sadly, many people are convinced Seattle is going LT or Spiller with their two first round picks. If Seattle is smart, they take neither.

Well, we disagree on talent observations for sure.... But, T. Williams is more then a so so LT? He could be as good or better then Okung. Brandford had all day to throw and T. Williams was a big reason why. He's also fast and can pull/Zone Block.

I have NO doubts he'll be a great LT and why he's always ranked high.

How can you compare the 1st-2nd best LT and the top RB to a TE such as Kyle Brady? TE's shouldn't even be considered in the first round hardely, let alone this high.

I fail to see anything remotley similar from that situation compared to Spiller and Williams!

Now, I do agree about Bulaga. I don't want the 3rd (argubly 4th-5th) LT at pick #6. I think he's way overated and not that good anyway. And also more of a fit at RT instead of LT. Maybe at 14, but not at 6.

As for your other points about Denver: I agree about the system backs. But, did they ever win anything with those system backs?

I look at it more that they ran a "great system" so there players can succeed. That's why I'm exited about who we brought in.

But, that doesn't mean you can't have that sytem and have a dynamic playmaker such as Spiller.

I don't agree about your point of 3 years for a back such as Spiller (And this is why Spiller makes sence more so then a power back)

Speed backs (And todays rbbc) will share the load. Spiller could last 8-10 years easy as he won't be the only ball carrier. We would still use allot of Forsett or whoever else.

N.O finally won the SB and Bush has been running for them for 6+ years now. But, if you tell me Bush was not a part of why they won then I just don't agree. He was a "playmaker" for them.

AND - I do think Spiller is better then Bush with my evaluation.

4.24 has nothing around him in my view - Yet he carries that team on his back. I do see simularites between Spiller and 4.24. I'm not saying Spiller will be 4.24, but he could be close. I'd say in between Bush and 4.24 somewhere. Hell - I'll take a Bush even.

In my view - Hawks don't have anything even close to Bush.

Also, it might be more then just Denver system - I'm sure Carroll will want his face on things. And Carroll had Lightning in his systems such as Bush at USC.

I see some of your points and it will be nice if we have a "great system" such as what Denver had back in those days. But, to win a SB we will need playmakers and differance makers. When your picking this high in the draft, you should be getting those players.

And to get our town exited in the short term of things and still build for the future, Spiller would give us that.