Sign in to follow this  
Joey Gladstone

Seahawks fans

A few drunken observations from the replay. And observing rather than screaming my balls off with every play.

The run blocking was outstanding for the second week in a row. Our O line is jelling.

The reaction to Lynch's run was raw by the announcers. Lynch grabbed his crotch while diving into the endzone. Watch the replays. Beast has flair.

Hasselbeck's decision making was just masterful. I believe I am the only one not writing him off this season this whole thread. Bring him back with incentives, ease in another QB. I respect his contribution to the franchise and he has just been a class act all the way. I trust him for however long he carries this young team.

Herring for a limpy Tatupu is not the worst thing in the world this week.

Edit: the Saints played really, really dirty, with late hits all over the place, cheap shots, just weak sh!t.

Link

Nate Davis headed to Seahawks

By ERIC BRANCH

THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Published: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 3:00 a.m.

The discussion surrounding Nate Davis, perhaps the most talked about non-playing quarterback in 49ers history, is officially over.

More Information:

According to CSN Bay Area, Davis, 23, will sign a future contract with the Seahawks. The signing will mark the end of a two-year career in San Francisco during which Davis was inactive for 16 games as a rookie and spent this past season on the practice squad.

Despite never stepping on the field, Davis inspired plenty of buzz thanks to his powerful arm and his reportedly porous work habits. His flashes of brilliance during a preseason game against Minnesota on Aug. 22 inspired this from NBC’s Cris Collinsworth: “I don’t know what else you have to see out of Nate Davis. This young man ... his feet are quick. His release is quick. He’s seeing the field. He’s not hesitating, and he’s got a rocket.”

Collinsworth’s praise represented the apex of Davis’ NFL career.

Less than two hours later, Mike Singletary wasn’t nearly as enamored with Davis, calling him out during a postgame press conference for his work habits and his failure to pick up a first down when he slid too early on a scramble. Davis was released two weeks later and signed to San Francisco’s practice squad after he wasn’t claimed by 31 NFL teams.

Davis’ progress was stunted by a learning disability which made it difficult for him to learn the playbook.

But even before new head coach Jim Harbaugh arrived last week with a new offensive system, there were strong indications the Niners were cutting ties. The 49ers signed five practice-squad players to future contracts and Davis wasn’t among them.

But count former general manager Scot McLoughan among those who, apparently, still believe. McLoughan, a personnel executive with the Seahawks, selected Davis in the fifth round of the 2009 draft.

In two exhibition seasons, Davis completed 52 of 93 passes for 615 yards with three touchdowns and three interceptions. He threw for 3,667 yards with 30 touchdowns and six interceptions as a senior at Ball State.

I loved watching this kid play at Ball St. Just completely dominant and accurate and his arm strength is off the charts. He has all the physical tools to be a great QB. I don't know how you fix a learning disability, but Carroll is a motivation coach, unlike Singletary. He might be able to get something out of this top notch prospect. I've felt that he was the best QB on the Niners roster the last few years, which I know might not be saying much, but I love the potential of this move. I look forward to the other 399 roster moves this front office will start to make soon.

Is this the front office's solution to having the 25th pick in the draft? Interesting move. I know Singletary was a dingleberry with glasses and a cross necklace but you would think Davis could have gotten a little time on the field this season.

I already like him more then Whitehurst.

Is this the front office's solution to having the 25th pick in the draft? Interesting move. I know Singletary was a dingleberry with glasses and a cross necklace but you would think Davis could have gotten a little time on the field this season.

I already like him more then Whitehurst.

What the hell are you talking about? We are going to be drafting out of the #32 spot this year.

A few drunken observations from the replay. And observing rather than screaming my balls off with every play.

The run blocking was outstanding for the second week in a row. Our O line is jelling.

The reaction to Lynch's run was raw by the announcers. Lynch grabbed his crotch while diving into the endzone. Watch the replays. Beast has flair.

Hasselbeck's decision making was just masterful. I believe I am the only one not writing him off this season this whole thread. Bring him back with incentives, ease in another QB. I respect his contribution to the franchise and he has just been a class act all the way. I trust him for however long he carries this young team.

Herring for a limpy Tatupu is not the worst thing in the world this week.

Edit: the Saints played really, really dirty, with late hits all over the place, cheap shots, just weak sh!t.

The Seahwks O-Line held on just about every play. They appear to be jelling but the fact is, they held their way through that game The running game was medicore until Lynch had that last run. Hasselback won that game. No other reason. Let's see if he can do it against the Bears at home.

The Saints played really dirty? Go back and look at the first half. Your guys wear the faggity green and neon green jerseys, not the Saints.

The Seahwks O-Line held on just about every play. They appear to be jelling but the fact is, they held their way through that game The running game was medicore until Lynch had that last run. Hasselback won that game. No other reason. Let's see if he can do it against the Bears at home.

The Saints played really dirty? Go back and look at the first half. Your guys wear the faggity green and neon green jerseys, not the Saints.

Late hit after late hit on players down on the ground. Over and over and over again. I made a comment on that during the game in real time to a friend, then on the replay really looked at it. Chris Clemons got blatantly held on about 30 snaps. I wasn't watching the other D linemen as much. The announcers talked about one of those times when the Saints had a 20+ yard gain. Hey, the officiating was bad both ways, but once the Saints figured out they could get away with being dirty, they took full advantage. I didn't expect it. I'm not condemning the Saints for it. It's part of the game, and they took advantage of it. It's smart.

For us, the running game was a revelation. I wasn't used to seeing 5 to 10 yard gains consistently. 24 rushes for 150 yards is 6.2 yards per carry. Not all of that came on one run.

Yeah, Hasselbeck was a big reason for the win.

:lol: Now that's some funny shite!

Look, all season long I've been advocating resigning Hasselbeck with an incentive laden contract, and I continue to be adamant about that. Fock drafting somebody this year. Give Hass a 2 year contract and pick your spot in bringing somebody in that isn't Whitehurst or unofficially acquired Nate Davis. Maybe next year. But when you have a solid veteran QB like Hass, cling to him for dear life.

Look, all season long I've been advocating resigning Hasselbeck with an incentive laden contract, and I continue to be adamant about that. Fock drafting somebody this year. Give Hass a 2 year contract and pick your spot in bringing somebody in that isn't Whitehurst or unofficially acquired Nate Davis. Maybe next year. But when you have a solid veteran QB like Hass, cling to him for dear life.

You were right. We still need somebody better then Davis/Whitehurst to develop after Hass is done. Im ok with them doing that in April 2012 if nobody falls this year.

Im hoping we can add a playmaker on offense with the 25th pick.

you guys had a pretty exciting year. Beating the Saints was a mini super bowl in a way even though Seattle was not a playoff quality team.

alot of pluses to take away from the year. Earl Thomas looks legit, Hass looks like he might have a year or two left with some better blocking, Mike Williams could be a stud WR afterall.

Unfortunately the jury is still out on Petes return to the NFL, imo. Losing 7 of your last 10 regular seasons games, by more than 3 TD's on average is rough.

Hopefully they draft smart and grab some o-lineman.

Unfortunately the jury is still out on Petes return to the NFL, imo. Losing 7 of your last 10 regular seasons games, by more than 3 TD's on average is rough.

You'll say anything to try and justify your pre-season comments. Sad.

You'll say anything to try and justify your pre-season comments. Sad.

rofl :lol:

whats sad is how you continue to grasp at my preseason commentary on how the media might treat Pete for leaving USC and coming back to the NFL. You still wan't it to be some sort of bold prediction I made and not a very simple statement of true media rumblings. Keep on clinging on :thumbsup:

the overall job he did was decent. making the playoffs and beating New Orleans. Finding some gem players.

however if you look at their last 10 games and if they continue that into next season, Pete won't last long.

its hard to justify any coach who loses that many games by those large margins.

rofl :lol:

whats sad is how you continue to grasp at my preseason commentary on how the media might treat Pete for leaving USC and coming back to the NFL. You still wan't it to be some sort of bold prediction I made and not a very simple statement of true media rumblings. Keep on clinging on :thumbsup:

the overall job he did was decent. making the playoffs and beating New Orleans. Finding some gem players.

however if you look at their last 10 games and if they continue that into next season, Pete won't last long.

its hard to justify any coach who loses that many games by those large margins.

Looks like Pete wasn't run out of Seattle by the media. Your prediction sucked worse than Rexy Ryan sucking toes. :thumbsdown:

Might be good we're not playing Green Bay next week.

We lost our #1 CB

our #1 and #2 TE

#1 and #2 RB

and our only FB

When you got Ruvell Martin playing TE, your pretty low on warm bodies. :unsure:

Looks like Pete wasn't run out of Seattle by the media. Your prediction sucked worse than Rexy Ryan sucking toes. :thumbsdown:

my prediction. :lol:

an analysis of an if/then situation usually needs the if portion to happen first.

ehh, nevermind. your uneducated self probably wouldn't understand that.

oh and props for the Rex Ryan joke. I didn't see that one coming.

my prediction. :lol:

an analysis of an if/then situation usually needs the if portion to happen first.

ehh, nevermind. your uneducated self probably wouldn't understand that.

oh and props for the Rex Ryan joke. I didn't see that one coming.

OH so let me see if I understand you. So if the Seahawks go like 5-11 the next two years, then the media will print negative stories about Carroll and he might be fired. Gotcha. :rolleyes: Yeah because that never happens in other NFL cities. Thanks for the moon landing analysis. :lol:

Paging Mr Gladstone........

Time to settle our bet? Name it.

The Seahawks couldn't hold their way through that game. I was rooting for them as I hate Da Bears. Maybe next year.

OH so let me see if I understand you. So if the Seahawks go like 5-11 the next two years, then the media will print negative stories about Carroll and he might be fired. Gotcha. :rolleyes: Yeah because that never happens in other NFL cities. Thanks for the moon landing analysis. :lol:

next two years?

i said this season, homeboy.

if pete fails this season, the media will be extra harsh on him. Perhaps you were living under a rock but USC had some scandals going on that Pete left just in time for. The media doesn't tend to forget things like that.

in the end, he didn't fail. a playoff win over the defending super bowl champs is never a fail, it is a big accomplishment.

i just wouldnt be all that comfortable if i was a hawks fan because they did lose most of their 2nd half games by huge margins.

:dunno:

next two years?

i said this season, homeboy.

if pete fails this season, the media will be extra harsh on him. Perhaps you were living under a rock but USC had some scandals going on that Pete left just in time for. The media doesn't tend to forget things like that.

in the end, he didn't fail. a playoff win over the defending super bowl champs is never a fail, it is a big accomplishment.

i just wouldnt be all that comfortable if i was a hawks fan because they did lose most of their 2nd half games by huge margins.

:dunno:

Make up your mind. First you told me you never said that, now you admit to it? :wacko: Yes, I have been reading the Seattle papers. Pete is being villified for taking a rebuiliding team, winning the division, upsetting the defending SB champs, and losing on the road in the divisional round. He might not survive. :wacko: But in 3-5 years if Carroll is fired (I mean most coaches get fired, right), you'll come back pounding your chest. BUT like I have said, it won't be due to MEDIA PRESSURE!

Paging Mr Gladstone........

Time to settle our bet? Name it.

The Seahawks couldn't hold their way through that game. I was rooting for them as I hate Da Bears. Maybe next year.

Bah, I forgot about it. After this week's loss Im not really in the mood anymore. Respect for being a man and wanting to honor your end of it.

Much respect to the few Saints fans on this board for not acting like whiny, b!tch-ass Eagles fans after your team blew it.

:cry: 7-9...shouldnt even have been in the playoffs.....rich history of Eagles football....NFC West....:cry:

Make up your mind. First you told me you never said that, now you admit to it? :wacko: Yes, I have been reading the Seattle papers. Pete is being villified for taking a rebuiliding team, winning the division, upsetting the defending SB champs, and losing on the road in the divisional round. He might not survive. :wacko: But in 3-5 years if Carroll is fired (I mean most coaches get fired, right), you'll come back pounding your chest. BUT like I have said, it won't be due to MEDIA PRESSURE!

Seattle papers = National media? :lol: to borrow one of your go to lines, "get real".

your ignorance grows with each passing day. I never said the media was going to run Pete out of town. I said, if Pete got off to a terrible start, the media would have a field day with him.

He got off to a pretty decent start, so it's a moot point. Got it, slapnuts?

If Pete gets fired after 3-5 years I will absolutely not pound my chest. If he has a terrible 2011-12 season and gets fired I might come talk a little about it because thats still pretty fresh but if he gets 3+ years, that is pretty par for the course in the NFL these days.

Seattle papers = National media? :lol: to borrow one of your go to lines, "get real".

your ignorance grows with each passing day. I never said the media was going to run Pete out of town. I said, if Pete got off to a terrible start, the media would have a field day with him.

Let me address your idiocy:

1-Oh so the New York media was going to get Pete fired? :rolleyes:

2- Your lying. At your age you shouldn't lie. Just admit what you said. :thumbsdown:

Bah, I forgot about it. After this week's loss Im not really in the mood anymore. Respect for being a man and wanting to honor your end of it.

Much respect to the few Saints fans on this board for not acting like whiny, b!tch-ass Eagles fans after your team blew it.

:cry: 7-9...shouldnt even have been in the playoffs.....rich history of Eagles football....NFC West....:cry:

:cheers:

Joey, you have to understand something. Faghawker and phillybear act like rahtards constantly on this board as well as over at the geek club. MDC and I, who both happen to be Eagles fans, own them constantantly in political threads, so they make up for it by carrying on like douchebags when the Eagles lose. That's why we have been pummeling them after the game this week. You just happened to receive some shrapnel due to the fact that you happen to also be a Seahawk fan. Truth be told, I have noting against Seattle and certainly nothing against you. You just happen to have the misfortune of liking the same team as the two biggest morons on the board. It's not an Eagles fans vs Seahawks fans thing. It's two guys who HAPPEN to be Eagles fans one-upping two idiots who carried on just a week earlier against us. I imagine it's only natural to feel like you form some kind of team with those two since you guys spend so much time in your Seahawk threads, but believe me when I tell you, you are nothing like them and you sure as hell don't want to be.

Joey, you have to understand something. Faghawker and phillybear act like rahtards constantly on this board as well as over at the geek club. MDC and I, who both happen to be Eagles fans, own them constantantly in political threads, so they make up for it by carrying on like douchebags when the Eagles lose. That's why we have been pummeling them after the game this week. You just happened to receive some shrapnel due to the fact that you happen to also be a Seahawk fan. Truth be told, I have noting against Seattle and certainly nothing against you. You just happen to have the misfortune of liking the same team as the two biggest morons on the board. It's not an Eagles fans vs Seahawks fans thing. It's two guys who HAPPEN to be Eagles fans one-upping two idiots who carried on just a week earlier against us. I imagine it's only natural to feel like you form some kind of team with those two since you guys spend so much toime in your Seahawk threads, but believe me when I tell you, you are nothing like them and you sure as hell don't want to be.

This is how stupid you are. I have never said one word about the Eagles losing anything until this year's playoff loss due to you and your idiot iggle buddies smacking the Hawks. Check the date of the Filthydelphia thread I started and then look at the dates of your smacking the Hawks. You'll see they coincide. So if you want to smack the Hawks, bring it, but prepared for it to come back at you. And please don't pretend to know anything about me. PS the next time you pwn me or anyone on this bored will be the first. Now STFU. Doosh :cheers: <-----(sarcasm--I know how stupid you are).

This is how stupid you are. I have never said one word about the Eagles losing anything until this year's playoff loss due to you and your idiot iggle buddies smacking the Hawks. Check the date of the Filthydelphia thread I started and then look at the dates of your smacking the Hawks. You'll see they coincide. So if you want to smack the Hawks, bring it, but prepared for it to come back at you. And please don't pretend to know anything about me. PS the next time you pwn me or anyone on this bored will be the first. Now STFU. Doosh :cheers: <-----(sarcasm--I know how stupid you are).

That'll be the day I ever STFU because a little pusssie queer like you tells me to. Bwahahahaha. I'd wipe my ass with you. :cheers:

Joey, you have to understand something. Faghawker and phillybear act like rahtards constantly on this board as well as over at the geek club. MDC and I, who both happen to be Eagles fans, own them constantantly in political threads, so they make up for it by carrying on like douchebags when the Eagles lose. That's why we have been pummeling them after the game this week. You just happened to receive some shrapnel due to the fact that you happen to also be a Seahawk fan. Truth be told, I have noting against Seattle and certainly nothing against you. You just happen to have the misfortune of liking the same team as the two biggest morons on the board. It's not an Eagles fans vs Seahawks fans thing. It's two guys who HAPPEN to be Eagles fans one-upping two idiots who carried on just a week earlier against us. I imagine it's only natural to feel like you form some kind of team with those two since you guys spend so much time in your Seahawk threads, but believe me when I tell you, you are nothing like them and you sure as hell don't want to be.

You post explicit details about your teenage daughter's sex life.

Why is it that Eagle fans are the biggest welchers on the history of this site. You know, promising to never post at this site again if certain conditions were met, and then MDC, YodaThePug, and you refused to honor terms of the contract. Then, not only did you come back, you promised to never post in a political thread again, and that lasted about a day. Hell, you just said you post in political threads. You have less credibility than the Iraqi Information Minister.

That'll be the day I ever STFU because a little pusssie queer like you tells me to. Bwahahahaha. I'd wipe my ass with you. :cheers:

oooohhhhhh you're a tough guy. I'm shaking. :lol:

Why is it that Eagle fans are the biggest welchers on the history of this site. You know, promising to never post at this site again if certain conditions were met, and then MDC, YodaThePug, and you refused to honor terms of the contract. Then, not only did you come back, you promised to never post in a political thread again, and that lasted about a day. Hell, you just said you post in political threads. You have less credibility than the Iraqi Information Minister.

Baghdad Newbie. I like the sound of that :music_guitarred:

:music_guitarred: :pointstosky:

How's the gout? And the high blood pressure? And the diabetes?

Karma's a b!otch, b!otch.