Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2010 NFL Draft Weekend Team Thread: Baltimore Ravens

The general consensus seems to be tight end, but I am not certain that will be an absolute. If they can trade out of their spot, I suspect they do so.

If they stay and Kylie Wilson is still there, expect them to spring on that cat real quick; but I also feel that they would take Kindle or Hughes over a TE if available.

They need to invest both in pass coverage and QB pressure capabilities, and will favor those factors over tight end for round 1 IMHO

moving down and snagging the 2-3-4 is nice for day2, esp as a lot of trench talent has slipped. they lost depth on d as dwan edwards and justin bannan are gone and trevor pryce is older, so fueling the front [cody, joseph, and cam thomas all available] looks like a rd2 value priority, as does adding another corner [arenas, cook, cox still available] as webb is still recovering from injury.

Once I saw the Bengals take Gresham, I knew they were going to trade out of that spot. At first I thought it would be a grab for Clausen, but the Broncos came through strong in their attempt to become the new Raiders.... :wub:

ecstatic my guy terrence cody finally got selected. i had him ratd top15, but this slip is a boon for the ravens.

im not high on kindle, as he seems more uni-dimensional and incapable of dropping into coverage or being deployed in different looks, and his medical clearance is concerning; yet, ozzie newsome is among the top3 talent evaluators in the league, and i always follow his lead, so this must be not enough of a problem. he fits well as an attacker opposite suggs.

The general consensus seems to be tight end, but I am not certain that will be an absolute. If they can trade out of their spot, I suspect they do so.

If they stay and Kylie Wilson is still there, expect them to spring on that cat real quick; but I also feel that they would take Kindle or Hughes over a TE if available.

They need to invest both in pass coverage and QB pressure capabilities, and will favor those factors over tight end for round 1 IMHO

The prophet has spoken! :headbanger:

Now they need some DB help.

BOOM! dennis pitta is a great pick ! love this guy's game, he gets open, understands defenses, and has strong hands. furthermore, he doesnt cough up the football when getting hit by defenders.

between 3:00 and 3:50 of the clip, u see their biggest game of the yr against oklahoma, and the important 4th qtr, game winning drive. love his awareness on 3rd and long, where he gets behind the backers that r sitting at the sticks at the 43yd line, and he extends towards the 50yd line in front of the safeties for the big catch. also, on the critical 4th-4, he shows enough getoff to get into his route quickly, pluck the ball, and turn upfield for a big gain. on the goalline play, he draws coverage so the receiver can get open at the back of the end zone.

smart, mature, produtcve player who will have expectations as austin collie also made a smooth transition in a complicated offensive system [indy].