Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Fantasy Stock Up/Down

STOCK UP:

Tony Romo- Adding another weapon to a roster that has talented receiving RBs, a top-notch TE, and an emerging receiver in Miles Austin only adds to Romo's value. I would think Romo's value is only behind that of Brees, Manning, and Rodgers at this point. I'd put him in the same breath as Brady and Rivers.

Frank Gore- I think Mike Singletary is wanting to run the ball down people's throats. That's his mentality to begin with and now he has more tools to use in that pursuit.

Steve Slaton- The Texans could still grab Dwyer or another RB in the second round, but Slaton dodged the Matthews bullet. Steve needs to get back to his playing weight from his rookie year and I think he'll be fine.

Ryan Mathews- Forget Spiller. The guy who fell into the best fantasy situation is Mathews by far. You can't ever put eight in a box when Rivers, Jackson, and Gates are on the other side...

STOCK DOWN:

Kevin Smith- I don't know how soon he was going to get on the field anyway this year given his injuries, but the selection of Best could make him irrelevant anyway if Best and whoever the Lions complement him with get off to a good start.

Roy Williams/Marshawn Lynch- Those were statement picks last night. Both guys are going to eventually be on the outside looking in. Lynch could find new footing on a new team, but that's not a done deal yet.

Kyle Orton- No, Tebow won't play full-time at QB any time soon, but the additions of Tebow and Quinn have to be in his head. The Broncos haven't exactly shown confidence in him this offseason.

C.J. Spiller- See Matthews, but flip it. Everybody can and will put eight in the box vs. Buffalo.

Thoughts? Who are some other players who either benefitted or were hurt by last night's events?

I think you pretty much covered it.... :)

Some of these might be a little close to call, but interesting none the less.

Up

Jahvid Best ( i reckon it will be a rbbc)

Demayrius thomas ( top dog in terms of size and speed)

Aaron Rodgers (will be on his ass less with that bulaga pick)

Greg Jennings (marginal rise in value owing to rodgers getting protected better)

Steven Jackson ( A qb that can throw accurately, need a decent WR pick in 2nd , 3rd rounds)

Ryan Mathews

Same

Steve Slaton (Not really up , but stays the same as last year, will share with Arian Foster).

Darren Sproles

Down

Chad Ocho ( jermaine gresham TE, Antonio Bryant, Run First offense, too many mouths to feed, i see fewer redzone targets)

Miles Austin (Dez will beat out roy williams for wr2, and will eat into austin's looks)

C.J. Spiller- See Matthews, but flip it. Everybody can and will put eight in the box vs. Buffalo.

Thoughts? Who are some other players who either benefitted or were hurt by last night's events?

Fred Jackson. :)

I would say that Stafford and Calvin gets a bump up with Best being added to the mix. He's a good receiver and you put that jitter bug into the middle of the field and it's going to draw some attention.

Marshawn Lynch's stock is going to go up because he has to be getting moved somewhere now.

Because of Trent Williams I assume....

Obviously not trading up to #1 for Bradford or selecting Berry.

Some of these might be a little close to call, but interesting none the less.

Up

Steven Jackson ( A qb that can throw accurately, need a decent WR pick in 2nd , 3rd rounds)

I'm going to actually disagree on this one. I think a rookie QB means even less opportunity for S Jax. More 3 and outs and int's are looming for the Rams offense in 2010.

It's actually a shame that S Jax should be stuck in St.L. Imagine him on the Chargers or the Patriots.

Down

SlatonJamaal Charles

Could not agree more. Ben Tate could actually end up being the rookie RB that produces the best numbers in 2010. Slaton will become the change of pace guy...Tate is a 3 down back.

I'd add Minny's Adrian Peterson to the "Up' list.

I don't expect Gerhart to cut at all into his production, and I would also imagine that All Day will be far more involved in the passing game for the Vikings.

Gerhart will get an occaisonal GL TD at times, but I would expect a significant boost in Peterson's numbers this year. 1600 yards rushing, 560 yards receiving and 20-to-22 Total TDs.

I don't expect Gerhart to cut at all into his production, and I would also imagine that All Day will be far more involved in the passing game for the Vikings.

Gerhart will get an occaisonal GL TD at times, but I would expect a significant boost in Peterson's numbers this year. 1600 yards rushing, 560 yards receiving and 20-to-22 Total TDs.

I think AD's usage declines some. Harvins/Gearhart > Chester. Any mention of goaline duty makes this even worse.

What about Miles Austin? Dez should attract some attention on the other side of the field, but will he steal enough looks to affect Austin negatively?

What about Miles Austin? Dez should attract some attention on the other side of the field, but will he steal enough looks to affect Austin negatively?

This will be the year Witten does what we thought he would do last year. Miles will hold the edge this year on Dez, but Dez will be the future #1 thus the closely held jersey #.

Not looking good 4 Slaton, he better have a Chip on his shoulder.

I think slaton will have a reggie bush kind of an year. 600 yds 5tds 400 receiven 2 tds.

I feel good about Reggie Bush without mike bell. He will get a few more carries inside.

KC just got crushed.

If you take Charles knowing about TJ and now Dexter, FYL. Because it's **** luck.

Seattle - not that it wasn't anything but a reach, just got punted into oblivion.

Watch LenWhale turn up the heat too.

If anything, this draft has SOLIDIFIED Mr. Shon Greene and Mr. Moreno and Mr. Rice and Mr. MJD and Mr. CJIII. (On the top of my head)

I will gladly touch these bad boys up in numero uno in 10 team redrafts.

I still hate Sjax - please god trade him to New England somehow or to a contender. I hate Turner because of his injury prone self, and while I love Gore I'm just - meh on him as he hits that stride. :first:

Fantasy Stock up:

Clausen - Though it probably hurt like hell for him to slip that far into the draft, he landed in one of the best spots possible.

Mathews - There should be no doubt who the #1 rookie RB is now.

Romo - Gets another great weapon.

Gore/A. Smith/V. Davis - Clear investment into the Oline shows confidence in their abilities. Also the addition of Ginn will greatly help stretch the field.

C. Palmer - Though they don't use the TE a great deal anyway, Gresham's should give him a great short option and safety valve.

I think Nate Burelson might be a stock up guy.

Josh Freeman TB Bucs QB he got some WR to target

Giants RBs

Stock down until training camp or until someone gets moved....

RBs

for Browns, Seahawks, and Texans

Gore is still the man and has a big oline upgrade........slight downside....drafting the big Miss St Rb/cant remember name, picking up Legarret punchboy Blunt in free agency and still having Glen Coffee. Will Singletary slightly reduce his load or goaline carries with the big backs?

Mccluster will be groomed to be a slot wr.....a welker clone. imo.

Javid Best stock up....if healthy ...big if. Fast on turf/no competition/can catch. should have lots of opportunity in an improved offense.

I think Jabbar Gaffneys stock is up.... Demaryius Thomas is raw as ###### and will need time to develop... guy ran 2 patterns in college....

Call me crazy but I think Gaffney is a big time sleeper in 2010

I think Jabbar Gaffneys stock is up.... Demaryius Thomas is raw as ###### and will need time to develop... guy ran 2 patterns in college....

Call me crazy but I think Gaffney is a big time sleeper in 2010

what about a bounce back yr for eddie royal? :dunno:

Frank Gore- up up up if he remains healthy all season

Frank Gore- up up up if he remains healthy all season

Gore was a horse in my stable this past year...this will be Gore's career year if he can stay healthy. If I'm sitting late 1st round and he's still there...i'm all over it.

what about a bounce back yr for eddie royal? :angry:

could def. happen if they start to use him in the offense...

all I know is Gaffney played those last 2 games for Marshall in 2009 and looked more than capable of holding down the fort in his absence ...7 catches for 69 yards and 2 scores... then a 14 catch 214 yard performance to end the season... I think the guy has some value in the early part, if not all of 2010 until Demaryius gets used to the pro game and learns the ins and outs...

WR Dez Bryant fell into a pretty good situation. All but spells the end for Roy Williams or pushes him down the depth chart. Now that Bryant's got a prime spot how long is it gonna take him to run afoul with the team or will he have any off field problems that could spell doom for him as ithas others. He's got a golden opportunity so lets hope he doesn't muck it up. As talented as Bryant is I hope he's sees the light and the gift he's been given.

I'm going to actually disagree on this one. I think a rookie QB means even less opportunity for S Jax. More 3 and outs and int's are looming for the Rams offense in 2010.

It's actually a shame that S Jax should be stuck in St.L. Imagine him on the Chargers or the Patriots.

Or Barry Sanders anywhere but Detroit

Or Barry Sanders anywhere but Detroit

if barry had been running anywhere but putrid detroit he'd still probably be running today and might have +5000 yrds on Emmitt Smiff. Best back I ever saw...

if barry had been running anywhere but putrid detroit he'd still probably be running today and might have +5000 yrds on Emmitt Smiff. Best back I ever saw...

Best back most everyone ever saw.

Remember when he was in college and backing up Thurman Thomas, their opposing coach told the team that if any of them injured Thomas, they would be cut from their team because they didn't want Barry in the game? I've never heard of a coach saying that about anyone but Sanders. What's even more amazing is that Oklahoma State started Thomas over him. Barry was clearly superior in every way.

Best back most everyone ever saw.

Remember when he was in college and backing up Thurman Thomas, their opposing coach told the team that if any of them injured Thomas, they would be cut from their team because they didn't want Barry in the game? I've never heard of a coach saying that about anyone but Sanders. What's even more amazing is that Oklahoma State started Thomas over him. Barry was clearly superior in every way.

Barry Sanders was perhaps the most athletic.......Gayle Sayers was the most "gifted"....and Earl Campbell the most dominating....

JMHO

Barry Sanders was perhaps the most athletic.......Gayle Sayers was the most "gifted"....and Earl Campbell the most dominating....

JMHO

Very good point.

Sanders I'm sure, even with hindsight being 20/20 might not be every team's #1 RB. Some teams might want a bruising back. Some might want a more prolific pass catcher out of the backfield. Some might want a back that never has negative yards and always moves the chains. Others might want Sanders who is a home run threat every single time he touches the ball..... Different strokes for different folks.

Noway taking a big back like Gerhart is going to help AD. I could see him stealing like 1/3 of Peterson's goaline carries.