Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Who was the first player you EVER drafted in fantasy football?

First round looked like this:

1.01 Steve Young

1.02 Troy Aikman

1.03 Emmitt Smith

1.04 Dan Marino

1.05 Drew Bledsoe

1.06 Jerry Rice

1.07 Marshall Faulk

1.08 Barry Sanders

ME Natrone Means :headbanger:

1.10 Chris Warren

They guy who took Warren followed it up with Brett Favre, Terrance Mathis and Eric Metcalf. He won the league. :shocking:

:doublethumbsup: Natrone Means BUSINESS!!!! :headbanger:

I remember inheriting a dynasty team around 2000-2001. I had a mid-round pick in the rookie draft so I didn't have a shot at any of the RB's coming out: Tomlinson, Michael Bennett, Travis Henry, Anthony Thomas, but I did have first crack at WR's, so I took my Seahawk's first pick Koren Robinson. The guy picking right after me took David Terrell, and he must have been pretty high on Robinson because he traded me Terrell and the first pick of the 2nd round for Koren. With my two 2nd round picks I wisely selected Rod Gardner and Freddie Mitchell. :dunno:

Yes, in a draft class that included Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith, I came away with Terrell, Gardner and Mitchell. Luckily, Tiki Barber, Troy Brown and Hines Ward had breakout seasons and I ended up making the playoffs.

I don't recall the first player that I drafted, but I my first season playing was 1997. I drafted rookie Warrick Dunn with my final pick and after 4-5 games he was going off. I dealt him straight up for a 'struggling' Barry Sanders after week 6 (0 RuTD's to that point). Barry ran for 215 yards in week 7 with 2 rushing TD's and a receiving TD. He found the endzone 12 times in 10 weeks while on my roster with 100 yards in each game (including another 200 yard game). I won the league that year.

I remember drafting Terrell Davis in my 2nd season (1998). He ran for 2000 yards and I scooped rookie RB Robert Edwards with my last pick. Championship!

Mr. Brandon Marshall (I missed the draft in 08, had no idea what I was doing, and said "draft me some Patriots too")

And before the season started I dropped him flat out because I thought his 2-3 game suspension (maybe it was 08?) was a bad thing.

Oh yes, no idea what I was doing. I still get **** about that at the yearly draft party - but owned that league last year until D'Will and Sjax took a crap on me against Charles.

I actually remember them picking up Shaun Alexander, a focking FA for me. It was a rough time with him and Maroney and some other bum as my starters!

:music_guitarred: Natrone Means BUSINESS!!!! :dunno:

If I could reach through this computer and smack you, I would. I don't wanna ever catch quoting Berman again. :nono: :mad:

If I could reach through this computer and smack you, I would. I don't wanna ever catch quoting Berman again.

:music_guitarred: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I could reach through this computer and smack you, I would. I don't wanna ever catch quoting Berman again. :music_guitarred: :lol:

I was always partial to Eric "sleeping with" Bienemy (sp?)

2002 - Ricky Williams, RB, MIA: His first and best season (of his career) with the Dolphins :music_guitarred:

Fred Taylor in 1999. He sucked that year due to injuries. His second year.

Deuce McAllister in 2004... I still hold the record for lowest scoring team and least wins for a whole season from that year. Oops.

I wish I was playing when Bo Jackson was around! He'd be my #1 pick every year even if he only played 10 games because of baseball.

Curtis Martin @#4 August 1998...

It's was a 1 player keeper league and I some how got talked into keeping Kordell Stewart by the guys 'helping me out' when Terrell Davis was available.

Needless to say T.D. went #1 in the Draft to the Vice Commishner.

To this day 'they' believe they did nothing wrong in persuading the three of us newbies to take Chris Carter, Kordell Stewart and Steve Young as our keepers.

No, I'm no longer in that "league".

first pick: donovan dumbass mcnabb 2001ish

first dyanasty pick: shaun alexander 2004 (I love him... still...)

1989, I believe it was Randall Cunningham, who threw for 500 yards the first game and then broke his leg and was out for the rest of the season.

Great topic.

For me, I started in 1990 (God I'm old) and my first pick was Thurman Thomas. My second was Warren Moon.

I do not remember the year but I got Steve Young with pick 3. The top 5 went Marino, E. Smith, Young, Someone, Jerry Rice. Rice got hurt and was out all year. I did not understand the importance of the RB and did really bad,

1989, I believe it was Randall Cunningham, who threw for 500 yards the first game and then broke his leg and was out for the rest of the season.

1991 that was.

My roommate FINALLY got the first pick in our draft that year and was drooling over Randall "took the Handle" Cunningham. Coming off a 3,500/30 950/5 season and 100pts ahead of everyone in all scoring systems. We played each other in the first game that season and he proceeded to get injured in the first series of the first televised game we were watching...I laughed so hard I peed my freaking pants. Roomie didn't speak to me for a week.

1/4 25 yds season totals

THAT is fantasy football in a nutshell folks....we ain't smart when we win, we're lucky....

1994 Thurman Thomas, second pick, Sterling Sharpe, last pick Rodney Hampton. This was a 3 man practice league to get us ready for a league we were starting the next year. My first pick in that league was Emmitt Smith. That league is going into its 16th season this year.

AL Del Greco................ :music_guitarred:

(Actually not me, but I did witness a guy in a live draft in the early 90's pick him with the #1 overall :doh: )

I didn't even want to play but it was Marshall Faulk in 2000. The start of a 4 year championship run for me.

99' Was invited into an already full league as a replacement. I had two days to do research and was given the last (12th) pick in a serpentine draft.

First round: Edgerrin James (rookie year, and 3 guys laughed at the pick)

.... 7th round: QB Steve Beuerlein :wacko: :headbanger:

:clap:

Eric Rhett

And he held out all year.

And I missed the playoffs. I had no idea what I was doing my first year. HAHAHA.

That was so long ago.

In a Qb heavy league

I took Warren (run & gun) Moon in the first, then took Barry Foster and Sterling Sharpe on the turn

I think it was 2001. But I do remember picking 12th (at the turn). I went Stephen Davis then Fred Taylor. I raked.

In a Qb heavy league

I took Warren (run & gun) Moon in the first, then took Barry Foster and Sterling Sharpe on the turn

:lol:

2001: Thought I had the number 1 pick and would go with Marshall Faulk, but it turned out it was simply a website glitch and I was stuck with the number 8 pick. Went with Daunte Culpepper, followed up later on by some rookie named LaDanian Tomlinson.

End result = :lol: