Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Ranking the rookies

Now that we've had a couple weeks to digest the NFL Draft, how do you rank the players and why? I always choose the best player available, regardless of need, unless I have the players ranked identical to one another.

I have a rookie draft coming up next week and would like to see what everyone thinks of the following players (I won't have a shot at Dez Bryant or Matthews, so they aren't listed):

Jahvid Best

Ben Tate

D. Thomas

CJ Spiller

Also on the Waiver Wire and eligible to be drafted:

Kevin Kolb

Devin A. (Chicago WR)

Now that we've had a couple weeks to digest the NFL Draft, how do you rank the players and why? I always choose the best player available, regardless of need, unless I have the players ranked identical to one another.

I have a rookie draft coming up next week and would like to see what everyone thinks of the following players (I won't have a shot at Dez Bryant or Matthews, so they aren't listed):

Jahvid Best

Ben Tate

D. Thomas

CJ Spiller

Also on the Waiver Wire and eligible to be drafted:

Kevin Kolb

Devin A. (Chicago WR)

Of those, my top three:

Don't really like the situation he is stepping into, but Spiller sits atop that list, IMO.

If Kolb pans out he could give years of value.

Then Best...beating out Devin A for #3.

Spiller is the best player in that draft, get him if you could... may not reap the early benifits you'll get from Mathews, but you'll be smiling in a year or 2.... GL

I was never terribly impressed with Spiller. Great athlete, but as a fan of an ACC football team, I always worried more about having to face James Davis than Spiller. He's got the tools, but depending on the league and your roster I'd be inclined to consider Kolb instead. Spiller or Best are pretty even, in my mind.

Kolb

Spiller

Best

I don't know what to think of Demaryius Thomas yet; looked great in ACC play, but for the past two years he really didn't do anything but run looong downfield routes and outsize guys for catches.

I have a man crush beyond man crushes on Best... I see 100 all purpose yards and a TD every game.

i would take best #1

jdon