Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Nadal >>>>>>>>>>>>> Federer

Does Rog have any chance at all when Raf is healthy?

Head-to-head

-------------------Nadal Federer

Wins --------------------14 7

Finals wins -------------12 5

Grand Slam wins ------6 2

Clay-court wins-------10 2

Nadal dispatches Federer in 2 sets

* Email

* Print

* Comments56

* Share15

* Retweet

Associated Press

MADRID -- Rafael Nadal won a record 18th Masters title by beating Roger Federer 6-4, 7-6 (5) in the Madrid final on Sunday.

Nadal reversed the result of the 2009 final -- the last time the pair had played against each other -- to win in Madrid for a second time and move one Masters title ahead of Andre Agassi and two in front of Federer.

Rafael Nadal's victory in the Madrid final gave him one more career Masters win, with 18, than Andre Agassi and two more than his opponent, Roger Federer, who Nadal continued to dominate.

In the women's final, Venus Williams was beaten 6-2, 7-5 by unseeded Aravane Rezai of France.

as has always been the case, Nadal is better than Roger on clay.

your stats show 14-7 overall with 10 of Nadals wins coming on clay. (4-5 off clay)

Nadal may be the best clay player ever. Federer is definitely the best tennis player ever.

Nadal may be the best clay player ever. Federer is definitely the best tennis player ever.

Tiger Woods >>> both of them combined

Tiger Woods >>> both of them combined

dude hasn't won a major in two years. He's the Danica Patrick of golf.

so what you're trying to say is he's the best ever despite often getting his ass kicked by a better player?

dude hasn't won a major in two years. He's the Danica Patrick of golf.

Shaddup, fatty

so what you're trying to say is he's the best ever despite often getting his ass kicked by a better player?

Federer 195-27 in majors

Nadal 99-17 in majors

i dont pretend to follow tennis as much as i do other sports but it seems to me if it were not for so many clay matches, Nadal wouldnt seem to be better.

just so happens Nadal dominates that surface and a majority of their head to head matches have been on clay.

i dont pretend to follow tennis as much as i do other sports but it seems to me if it were not for so many clay matches, Nadal wouldnt seem to be better.

just so happens Nadal dominates that surface and a majority of their head to head matches have been on clay.

and? Favre won all those playoff games on the 'frozen tundra' but that's not why he won. he won because he was great.

turns out he is pretty greta on turf too. but I guess none of those games counted huh

so what you're trying to say is he's the best ever despite often getting his ass on clay by the best clay player in the world?

Yes.

For a moron, Newbie has this one correct. =]

and? Favre won all those playoff games on the 'frozen tundra' but that's not why he won. he won because he was great.

turns out he is pretty greta on turf too. but I guess none of those games counted huh

dont get your panties in a bunch, i dont even like Federer.

my point is pretty simple. Nadal is much better on clay. On other surfaces he has a losing record to Federer. So your Brett Favre comparison doesn't hold any water.

Overall Nadal has the better record but with so many of the matchups being on clay, it makes me wonder what the split might be if there was a more even mix of surfaces in their matchups.

and as someone else pointed out, Federer has the much better major record.

Might I insert Michael Chang into the discussion. That French Open finals against Lendell was my favorite match of all time even if he did win on a double fault.

dont get your panties in a bunch, i dont even like Federer.

my point is pretty simple. Nadal is much better on clay. On other surfaces he has a losing record to Federer.

ok then how about grass or hard court?

hard court: nadal 3 federer 1

grass: nadal 1 federer 2

total: nadal 4 federer 3

you were saying?

ok then how about grass or hard court?

hard court: nadal 3 federer 1

grass: nadal 1 federer 2

total: nadal 4 federer 3

you were saying?

go back and read your oringinal post.

you state Nadal is 14-7 overall while being 10-2 on clay. Im no mathmagician but that seems to suggest a record of 4-5 off of clay.

so one of your groups of statistics is flawed I guess. i didn't look them up myself, i assumed you were giving correct facts.

and even if your new facts are the correct ones and Nadal is 4-3 off of clay, that plays exactly to my point of wondering what their records would look like if MORE of the matches were off clay. Probably even out a bit eh?

you state Nadal is 14-7 overall while being 10-2 on clay. Im no mathmagician but that seems to suggest a record of 4-5 off of clay.

so one of your groups of statistics is flawed I guess. i didn't look them up myself, i assumed you were giving correct facts.

and even if your new facts are the correct ones and Nadal is 4-3 off of clay, that plays exactly to my point of wondering what their records would look like if MORE of the matches were off clay. Probably even out a bit eh?

:lol:

Gettnhuge just throws made up numbers around to support his nonsense. He isn't bright enough to realize that someone might actually fact check.

They did play on other surfaces 2 times, I just went with the most common. at no point did I claim in the prev post a total count.

I did however go and look at every one of their matches. the facts are correct.

Might I insert Michael Chang into the discussion. That French Open finals against Lendell was my favorite match of all time even if he did win on a double fault.

Nice try Brandon Ross - - That was a semi finals match. Chang went on to beat Edberg in 5 sets in the finals

Jocstrap lost to Michael Chang 3rd round at boys 12 nationals in Burlingame, California - - 1984 I think was the date :)

Nice try Brandon Ross - - That was a semi finals match. Chang went on to beat Edberg in 5 sets in the finals

Jocstrap lost to Michael Chang 3rd round at boys 12 nationals in Burlingame, California - - 1984 I think was the date :first:

Post nekkid pics of your sisters or get the fock out of here. :mad:

Not being a tennis guy, I have no problem saying Federer is the best of all time. Nadal has his number, yes it appears so. But Trevino had Jack's too - nobody ever confused Lee as being the best ever over him.

Top seed Roger Federer is aiming for Australian Open glory after defeating Nikolay Davydenko to secure a 23rd consecutive Grand Slam semi-final place.

Federer’s record puts Rod Laver’s 12 straight semi-finals – either side of his grand slam exile from 1963-67 – and Ivan Lendl’s modern-era second-best 10 straight from 1985-88 into the shade

let's see how much longer Nadal even plays the sport at this high of a level. He's 5 years younger and his knees are becomming an issue. Federer at 24 years of age vs Nadal at 24 years of age -- now that would be an incredible rivalry.

US OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS

Nadal - 0

Federer - 5

FRENCH OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS

Nadal - 4

Federer - 1

WIMBLEDON

Nadal - 1

Federer - 6

AUSTRALIAN OPEN

Nadal - 1

Federer - 4

TO BE FAIR AN BALANCED THOUGH.....

They have held the top two rankings on the ATP Tour from July 2005 until 14 September 2009, when Nadal fell to World No. 3 (Andy Murray became the new No. 2). They are the only pair of men to have ever finished four consecutive calendar years at the top. Federer was ranked number 1 for a record 237 consecutive weeks beginning in February 2004. Nadal, who is five years younger, ascended to No. 2 in July 2005 and held this spot for a record 160 consecutive weeks before surpassing Federer in August 2008.[53]

Nadal leads their head-to-head 14–7.[54] Because tournament seedings are based on rankings, 17 of their matches have been in tournament finals, including an all-time record 7 Grand Slam finals.[55] From 2006 to 2008 they played in every French Open and Wimbledon final, and then they met in the 2009 Australian Open final. Nadal won five of the seven, losing the first two Wimbledons. Three of these matches were five set-matches (2007 and 2008 Wimbledon, 2009 Australian Open), and the 2008 Wimbledon final has been lauded as the greatest match ever by many long-time tennis analysts.[56][57][58][59] They have also played in a record 9 Masters Series finals, including their lone five hour match at the 2006 Rome Masters which Nadal won in a fifth-set tiebreak.

Nadal has Federer's number I do believe.

Federer is still the best player to ever play tennis on all surfaces IMO. Red clay is a sonofab!tch to play on if your not used to it. Federer is amazing by making the semi's or better on that junk for the past 5 years in a row. Freakin' amazing how consistent he's been over the past 6 years in all the grand slams.

Lose the bra, make it bigger (the pic), and then we're getting somewhere. :mad:

go type in Caitlin Simmons on facebook. You'll see all the hotties you want on her friends list

Nadal has Federer's number

Federer is still the best player

does not compute

does not compute

Total Grand Slam titles is all that anyone will remember 200 years from now in the history books. Nadal won't even be in the conversation. There won't be an * next to Federer's name saying....

....but Nadal beat him more.

bottom line is 16 Titles at this point - - - ON EVERY SURFACE - - - making him the greatest of all time

Total Grand Slam titles is all that anyone will remember 200 years from now in the history books. Nadal won't even be in the conversation. There won't be an * next to Federer's name saying....

....but Nadal beat him more.

bottom line is 16 Titles at this point - - - ON EVERY SURFACE - - - making him the greatest of all time

...and Nadal isn't even top ten ever.

silly trread.

...and Nadal isn't even top ten ever.

silly trread.

yea man, what a loser not being in the top 10 for a career by age 23

then again, you think Raul Ibanez 37yrs old 219hr .284 avg 57r/64rbi per year, 1 allstar appearance in 15yrs 20th in mvp voting,

is better than Al Pooholes 30yrs old 374hr .333avg 120r/120rbi per year 8all stars, 3mvp, 5 silver slugger..

ya just exude sports credibility

yea man, what a loser not being in the top 10 for a career by age 23

that's what makes this comparison so hard

Federer is in the twilight years of his career, while Nadal is still so young. 5 years age difference in tennis is a very long time. Early 20's vs late 20's

I hate Nadal with his dirty look and azzs picking habits. However, he has earned my respect to the highest levels - especially beating Federer on Grass in such a perfect tennis match from both players.

Sampras was my all time favorite (USA homer here), but Federer is the best ever IMO, yet Nadal consistently beats him. However, Nadal is no where close in Majors compared to Federer.

Record book titles is the bottom line in judging greatness - not head to head victories

that's what makes this comparison so hard

Federer is in the twilight years of his career, while Nadal is still so young. 5 years age difference in tennis is a very long time. Early 20's vs late 20's

Record book titles is the bottom line in judging greatness - not head to head victories

the bottom line is the thread is not nadal career >>>>>>>>>> federer career. that silliness is brought into it by fed supporters.

as far as careers go, Rod Laver is the best ever. If not for the silly rules of the time, federer wouldn't sniff his gs titles. 16 would be a far distant 2nd

the bottom line is the thread is not nadal career >>>>>>>>>> federer career. that silliness is brought into it by fed supporters.

as far as careers go, Rod Laver is the best ever. If not for the silly rules of the time, federer wouldn't sniff his gs titles. 16 would be a far distant 2nd

then you are correct in head to head comparisons

Nadal>Federer

Man that stings to say it :music_guitarred:

Nadal leads their head-to-head 14–7.[54] Because tournament seedings are based on rankings, 17 of their matches have been in tournament finals, including an all-time record 7 Grand Slam finals.[55] From 2006 to 2008 they played in every French Open and Wimbledon final, and then they met in the 2009 Australian Open final. Nadal won five of the seven, losing the first two Wimbledons. Three of these matches were five set-matches (2007 and 2008 Wimbledon, 2009 Australian Open), and the 2008 Wimbledon final has been lauded as the greatest match ever by many long-time tennis analysts.[56][57][58][59] They have also played in a record 9 Masters Series finals, including their lone five hour match at the 2006 Rome Masters which Nadal won in a fifth-set tiebreak.

Facts don't lie

So far, we have determined that:

Trevino>>>>>>>Nicklaus

Leon Spinks>>>>>>Muhammed Ali

Nadal>>>>>>>>>Federer

Trevino>>>>>>>Nicklaus

Nadal>>>>>>>>>Federer

:doublethumbsup:

then you are correct in head to head comparisons

Nadal>Federer

Man that stings to say it :thumbsdown:

Facts don't lie

i still tend to disagree

Nadal is 14-7 but again, 10-2 on clay. which again means a losing record to Federer off of clay.

here is where my lack of vast tennis knolwedge may be kicking in. Is it common to have 2/3 of their matches on clay? meaning are a majority of tennis events held on clay or something? I didn't think this was the case. So could it be true that Nadal has been lucky to catch Roger on clay 2 out of every 3 times they face each other which would skew their head to head stats in his favor due to his clay court dominance?

And perhaps the reason so many matches are on clay is because Nadal doesn't perform as well on other surfaces and has failed to advance far enough to face Roger, meanwhile Roger is good enough on clay to at least advance and face Nadal?

Lets say you knew you were the better player on all the other surfaces but that your opponent was just dominant on a clay court. Wouldn't you be a little upset that a majority of your head to head matches ended up being on clay and making your opponent appear to be so much better than you head to head?

Trevino>>>>>>>Nicklaus

Nadal>>>>>>>>>Federer

Dilfer>>>>>>>>>Marino

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/fr...tory?id=5257268

The French Open final was all of seven points old, and the message was unmistakable: Nadal's knees are fine now, which means he is an entirely different player from the one Soderling stunned at Roland Garros in 2009. That was the first loss of Nadal's career at this tournament, and it remains the only one.

His body sound, his mind at ease, Nadal played his unique brand of relentless, perpetual-motion tennis to handily beat the No. 5-seeded Soderling of Sweden 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 Sunday. Nadal won his fifth French Open championship, his seventh Grand Slam title overall, and earned a return to No. 1.

Nadal is 38-1 over his career at Roland Garros and, three days after his 24th birthday, stands just one French Open title shy of Bjorn Borg's record of six.

:thumbsup: #1 :pointstosky:

favre sucks. you lose all credibility