Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Devin Aromashodu

He looked like Superman in 3 of the Bears final 4 games. We all know Martz loves speedy WR's. Aromashodu has speed, decent size (6'2 205), and is a favorite of Jay Cutler's.

My question is this..... I have rookie drafts coming up this evening. Devin Aromashodu is available in all of them. Would you rather have Aromashodu, D. Thomas of Denver, or A. Benn of Tampa? If Aromashodu can stay consistent, he could put up top 12 fantasy numbers in my PPR Leagues. Then again, he could bust. All of them could easily bust though.

So, which of the three do you take and why?

the next devin hester, earl bennett, johnny knox

aka the next obscure bears WR who shows flashes but doesn't amount to much because he really isn't all that good.

Feels like Johnny Knox and Aromashodu will be the guys that have the most upside. I am targeting Aromashodu first then knox. Knox goes undrafted or falls to round 14-15 in most 10-12 team league redrafts.

He looked like Superman in 3 of the Bears final 4 games. We all know Martz loves speedy WR's. Aromashodu has speed, decent size (6'2 205), and is a favorite of Jay Cutler's.

My question is this..... I have rookie drafts coming up this evening. Devin Aromashodu is available in all of them. Would you rather have Aromashodu, D. Thomas of Denver, or A. Benn of Tampa? If Aromashodu can stay consistent, he could put up top 12 fantasy numbers in my PPR Leagues. Then again, he could bust. All of them could easily bust though.

Aromashodu - Knox? Hester? Too much risk to put my money on Aroma....in the Martz offense, my money is on 1.) Knox 2.) Hester 3.) Aromashodu in the slot - While I'd think he's somewhat more valuable in ppr this year, I expect an unpredictible split of carries among the three.

D. Thomas of Denver - He's way too raw, and Denver will try to rely more heavily on the running game. IMO the only WR from this team to draft late and be rewarded is Jabar Gaffney.

A. Benn of Tampa - He will likely be the #1 WR in the offense this year. I would hedge by drafting Mike Williams too (I also think he will be very good). Winslow just underwent his 6th or 7th knee surgery. So Benn would be my 1st choice with on your list.

Devin did look great in those 3 games. He had 20rec / 272yds / 4td's in those 3 games. Now to me, here comes the most important thing about this situation...In those SAME 3 games, Cutler was a stud as well. He had 758yds / 10td's / vs 3int's. Now I think Cutler made some really bad decisions all year that made him pretty well stink...until he found Devin. Look at your 3 choices, and the 3 QB's throwing the ball...I take Devin all day long. Let's not forget that almost EVERYONE saw Cutler as a "franchise QB" until he came out stinking last year in Chi. I see a very good year for both of them this year...and for years to come. Good luck.

In a lot of Rookie/Free Agent drafts I looked at (some done only one round at a time though August), Aromashadu has been going anywhere between 1.5 (I think a little early) amd 1.12. Most of those leagues have him going between 1.10 and 1.12 (sometimes 1.13, because of a bonus first round pick awarded). A lot of those I am seeing will not have a 2nd round until June. I have to think he'll be gone by 2.05 in the remaining drafts.

DA had a really nice 3 games at the end of 2009 and Cutler really likes him. It was his lobbying that got management to activate him from the practice squad last year. As far as the complaints that he has been with a couple other teams and cut, one of the teams was INDY and they just had no room with Wayne, Harrison and a host of others. Can't remember his other team, but maybe he needed a team that would give him a chance. He probably is not the 2nd coming of Raymond Berry, but he could be a real nice #3 (fantasy-wise) on a team that should throw a lot with Martz as coordinator, at least for one year.

all i know is besides Hester one of those other guys is gonna be a stud

i just cant stop thinkin about friggin Mike Furrey....he was a PPR'ers wet dream

I am a Bears fan and would like nothing more than ANY 2 WRs on the team to become Great......however I am taking the wait and see approach as I am not attached to any of them but feel 2 of them will rise above the other crabs on the team trying to grab a catch whenever possible. I just dont know which two I like to do that just yet........personally my preference is Knox at this time, but it is a muddy mess.

I never draft Armou.....because he goes way to early IMO in new drafts. More difficult to trade for him now also because guys seem to be drinking his kool aid. Now they might be correct and I just might be the team that cant reason with his value yet----my advice would be trade for him if you get value you agree with and draft him if you dont have to take him too early but no kleenex boxes should be used if you miss getting him this year.

I am a little higher on Aroma than some other posters, but am just too concerned about Hester/Knox. Any of the 3 could be "the man" this year (if indeed there is a man). However, I would take him before the unproven commodity of Thomas, and/or Benn. In fact, I am staying away from everyone in a TB uniform this year, and I am advising the same.

BTW Cara.....I must ask if you are again predicting Forte to be a BUST this year? Who is your RB bust this year?

Feels like Johnny Knox and Aromashodu will be the guys that have the most upside. I am targeting Aromashodu first then knox. Knox goes undrafted or falls to round 14-15 in most 10-12 team league redrafts.

I agree completely with everything above.

I am a little higher on Aroma than some other posters, but am just too concerned about Hester/Knox. Any of the 3 could be "the man" this year (if indeed there is a man). However, I would take him before the unproven commodity of Thomas, and/or Benn. In fact, I am staying away from everyone in a TB uniform this year, and I am advising the same.

BTW Cara.....I must ask if you are again predicting Forte to be a BUST this year? Who is your RB bust this year?

I was one of the only people who was on board with Cara last year about Forte being a bust. Most of you were down right mean to her/him about it. My RB busts this year is Benson. He will be drafted in the top 12 in many leauges and will be close to a top 10 RB.