Sign in to follow this  
Riddlen

When I was a kid, I think they had how short your shorts could be rules in school

I am not THAT old, early 30s. My daughter (4yo) had a field trip to go to the high school to see the drama club put on a kids play last friday during the school day. It was my off Friday so I took her. It was the first truly warm week of hte year and EVERY high shcool girl had jean shorts rolled up to thier @ss with a shirt tucked in. Every single one. I could have sworn when I was a kid (same school district) the shorts had to be some small distance above your knees. A few even had jean skirts that were prolly mid thigh. No way you can sit in a desk and not show your coot to the class. I realize longer skirts/shorts arent in style anymore but have we completely given up on setting an boundaries for our children? :first:

I am not THAT old, early 30s. My daughter (4yo) had a field trip to go to the high school to see the drama club put on a kids play last friday during the school day. It was my off Friday so I took her. It was the first truly warm week of hte year and EVERY high shcool girl had jean shorts rolled up to thier @ss with a shirt tucked in. Every single one. I could have sworn when I was a kid (same school district) the shorts had to be some small distance above your knees. A few even had jean skirts that were prolly mid thigh. No way you can sit in a desk and not show your coot to the class. I realize longer skirts/shorts arent in style anymore but have we completely given up on setting an boundaries for our children? :first:

This thread is WORTHLESS without pics of said HS girls with their jeans rolled up to their azz.

But in all seriousness, I'm glad I don't have a daughter. I couldn't handle the way highschoolers are so laissez-faire about sexuality these days.

my daughter and her friends have all been called into the office for violating the dress code this year. Short-shorts are very in style right now.

my daughter and her friends have all been called into the office for violating the dress code this year. Short-shorts are very in style right now.

:first:

I was a child of the 70's.

Shorts used to be pretty short. Remember terrycloth shorts? I hope they bring those back, btw.

[oldman] back in my day [/oldman]

I used to beat off to this

And that was all we had ... and a few old scratchy VHS tapes, and a Playboy from the Bush years ... it wasn't pretty.

My hand, it was like 400 grit sandpaper there was no Nivea "For Men" at the time. I remember I beat off with Prell once, my peemis damn near shrivelled up and died.

I teach in Louisiana. We have uniforms. The shorts are very regulated. The students are not allowed to dress like that. They would be sent to office and parents would have to bring appropriate clothes

Yeah .... um ... I used to teach college. Art school.

And that was actually the policy, is we were supposed to pull them out of class and suggest they go home and change.

Yeah .... no. You can show up totally naked to my class. I wont send you home for that. But, if your being nude disrupts the class I had planned to teach ..... that would be a problem.

I teach in Louisiana. We have uniforms. The shorts are very regulated. The students are not allowed to dress like that. They would be sent to office and parents would have to bring appropriate clothes

this is what our school does. and if you cant geet a parent to bring you appropriate shorts, yoiu have to wear a pair from th school's 'stock'. the girls HATE that, since they are baggy, out-of-style pants that have been worn by who-knows-who.

this is what our school does. and if you cant geet a parent to bring you appropriate shorts, yoiu have to wear a pair from th school's 'stock'. the girls HATE that, since they are baggy, out-of-style pants that have been worn by who-knows-who.

exactly.

Once Goldman Sachs bought EDMC ... it's like, anyone can get a college education now. Just sign here, initial there. That's a big part of why I left. I caught a student cheating. Plagarism, word for word from Wikipedia. Wasn't even the right subject. I had to pass a writing test to graduate from the U of Arizona. Didn't matter what your GPA was, how many credits you had, if you can't write ... you don't get a degree.

And my boss, at the Art Institute of Phoenix (I was hired when EDMC was a private company) asked me, "What would X student have gotten if she hadn't been caught .... with this plagiarism deal?"

I said, "She was disruptive. She was a troublemaker. And she cheated. MAYBE ... a C if she didn't cheat." I had submitted an F. He had me sign a grade change form, to a C. I knew he didn't want to ask me to do it .... and I didn't want to do it. That was the big issue about why I left teaching. It's corrupt. It's just a business.

That student did get a C in that class, too. She paid for it, after all.

I can tell you, from someone with multiple college degrees, an education worth hundreds of thousands of dollars ... that I can't find a job making what I made BEFORE I went to grad school. I am better trained, and have less job opportunities. I can't find a job for half what I made 10 years ago, before the degree, before teaching.

AND ... even after bankruptcy, I owe about $60k in student loans. There is a new payment plan, which is based on your income over 25 years. Well, I'm 40. That means I'll be paying off my student loans until I'm 65. AND .... the thousands I've paid over the years, don't count towards that 25 years. It's a good plan if you are 21.

There's a whole generation of us. Generation X. We did what we were told to do. We got expensive educations, but the long term jobs and the pension plans and the security just wasn't there for us. It was real hit or miss. I had some college friends that got a lot of money in the "internet boom" of the late 90's. Good guys, smart guys .... but not really innovative. More like, right place, right time.

What about the rest of us? I used to be a Photoshop expert. Now, you can hire a kid in China to retouch a photo for 25 cents an hour. Why would you hire me at $25 an hour?

We need to stop outsourcing. We have talented people in America that need jobs. Why is it not alright to hire an illegal immigrant to take care of your kids, and they might spend their money here, thus paying taxes ... yet it is OK to hire someone over the internet, in Russia, at $2 an hour.

I can tell you, from someone with multiple college degrees, an education worth hundreds of thousands of dollars ... that I can't find a job making what I made BEFORE I went to grad school. I am better trained, and have less job opportunities. I can't find a job for half what I made 10 years ago, before the degree, before teaching.

AND ... even after bankruptcy, I owe about $60k in student loans. There is a new payment plan, which is based on your income over 25 years. Well, I'm 40. That means I'll be paying off my student loans until I'm 65. AND .... the thousands I've paid over the years, don't count towards that 25 years. It's a good plan if you are 21.

There's a whole generation of us. Generation X. We did what we were told to do. We got expensive educations, but the long term jobs and the pension plans and the security just wasn't there for us. It was real hit or miss. I had some college friends that got a lot of money in the "internet boom" of the late 90's. Good guys, smart guys .... but not really innovative. More like, right place, right time.

What about the rest of us? I used to be a Photoshop expert. Now, you can hire a kid in China to retouch a photo for 25 cents an hour. Why would you hire me at $25 an hour?

We need to stop outsourcing. We have talented people in America that need jobs. Why is it not alright to hire an illegal immigrant to take care of your kids, and they might spend their money here, thus paying taxes ... yet it is OK to hire someone over the internet, in Russia, at $2 an hour.

it's called karma, you child molesting pervert.

Its because you are focking psycho...

sucks to have two daughters :banana:

I know some poor bastard that has 3 kids they are all girls.

his only saving grace is he is ugly, so he has that going for him.

I went to school in Alabama. We were not allowed to wear shorts. I believe school ran into early June.

Also, the following were not allowed on school property, whether you were wearing them or not:

sunglasses

hats or caps

radios/headphones

I'm pretty young. I remember some sort of shorts had to be a certain length back in grade school. I think once in HS who cares. If kids can't be whores what is the fun of HS? HS there was no such rule, I think girls couldn't where spaghetti strap tank tops, whatever those are, but I don't think it was ever enforced much. Warm days in HS used to be the ###### for all the boys :pointstosky: