Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2010 Cheatsheet Compiler/Draft Buddy

:pointstosky:

This will be year number 10 for the FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

For those that don't know, the Compiler creates customized cheatsheets for your league using your scoring system while Draft Buddy tracks your fantasy football draft. These are Excel-based programs and thus require a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function. The benefit of Excel is the Compiler and Buddy are both Windows and Mac compatible, however note the Compiler and Buddy do not work with Mac Office 2008.

If you've already purchased the CC/DB....

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Click the "setup" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

4. Enjoy!

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here Please make sure you are logged in with your FF Today Account BEFORE you make your purchase. It will make the purchase process much easier for you.

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Compiler/Draft Buddy, please send a note to login@fftoday.com and we will assist you ASAP.

Product Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send an email to compiler@fftoday.com if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

As we've done in the past our Early Bird Price is $12.95 through July 31st ($16.95 after). Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/10) and give you a free entry into our $5000 CC/DB Survivor Contest.

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates. Unscheduled updates may occur but will post them if here if that happens...

6/7 - Initial release

6/23 - Done

7/6 - Done

7/22 - Done

7/29 - Done

8/5 - Done

8/12 - Done

8/17 - Unscheduled update - Done

8/19 - Done

8/26 - Done

8/28 - Unscheduled update - Done

9/2 - Done

9/3 - Unscheduled update - Done

9/7 - DONE!

Remember, you don't need to download a new copy of the CC/DB just for the projection updates. Simply

1. Open the Compiler

2. Go to "setup" tab

Viola! All the numbers, depth charts, adp data, etc. will be updated.

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

Cheers!

MK & MM

I knew that was coming. I'm working on it. I have to go to Toronto tomorrow for a conference, but I should have it ready on Friday. Assuming I don't get too distracted with the World Cup of course :blink:

I knew that was coming. I'm working on it. I have to go to Toronto tomorrow for a conference, but I should have it ready on Friday. Assuming I don't get too distracted with the World Cup of course :wave:

:bandana: No problem!

Projection Pal is now up. Available for download from the same page everyone downloaded the Compiler and Draft Buddy from. It is a separate download file.

Projections, Depth Charts, ADP updated as of 6/23. Click the "Update Projections" button in side the Compiler to get the latest data.

:thumbsup:

And this is how I know it's time to start buckling down and getting ready for the upcoming season! The Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy are out.

7/5 (or 7/6) update is UP!

Not a lot of changes. Just enough though.

You know what to do... open the Compiler, setup tab, hit Update Projections, go get a coffee/beer/beverage of your choosing, return and ta-da, you're all set. Enjoy!

Mike, I am not sure what the projection pal is or how it works...I mean I am sure it projects stats by its name, but isn't that what the cheatsheet compiler/draft buddy is? They project stats. Why would I need the projection pal and how does it work if they do the same thing? And if I do install it will it mess up what I already have ready in the cheatsheet compiler/draft buddy? Not a computer wiz...be as detailed as you can in step by step instructions with explanation why I need this or how it would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mike, I am not sure what the projection pal is or how it works...I mean I am sure it projects stats by its name, but isn't that what the cheatsheet compiler/draft buddy is? They project stats. Why would I need the projection pal and how does it work if they do the same thing? And if I do install it will it mess up what I already have ready in the cheatsheet compiler/draft buddy? Not a computer wiz...be as detailed as you can in step by step instructions with explanation why I need this or how it would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff.

Projection Pal does not project stats. What it does is help get projections (or stats, or other data) into the Compiler to match up with the proper players.

In the Compiler, if you go to any of the position tabs and scroll to the right, notice those yellow blank sections? That is where you can put other projections in the Compiler, from which you can create your cheatsheets from. It would be a bit of a process to type in all of that data, which is why Projection Pal was created.

That said, Projection Pal is completely OPTIONAL. You don't need to use it, if you don't want to or feel the need to. As you know, the Compiler already includes projections from FF Today. Many people do like to use it however, if they want to pull in projections from another website.

In terms of using Pal, I think the best thing I can show you is a video screencast of how it works. This is for the baseball version of Pal and the Compiler, but the concepts are the same. See here:

http://www.youtube.com/MikeMacGregor#p/a/u/0/I6Eb3-kAN-Q

Also, if you want to try Projection Pal with some pre-loaded stats, download this file:

http://www.fftoday.com/download/football_projection_pal_2010_1.0_returners.xls

This file is Projection Pal with all of the returners stats - kickoff and punt returns - from last year. If you download that file and save it to the same directory where you have the Compiler, then you'll see by going to each of the RB, WR, TE and DB tabs, if you hit Copy to Compiler, Projection Pal will copy those stats to the right player in your copy of the Compiler.

That is just an example. Now, I will say using Pal is not the easiest thing in the world. Getting data off the web and nicely formatted into Pal so it copies cleanly into the Compiler can be a bit of a challenge. That is one reason it is optional though.

Cheers.

I think I'm going to pick this up for this year - I need something to collaborate all the research. :)

Awesome BTP, thanks!

7/22 update is UP! - Updated projections, ADP and depth charts.

Some big movement too. Rodgers overtakes Brees and Peterson overtakes Johnson. Have at it!

7/29 update is now available. Open your copy of the Compiler and hit Update Projections for new projections, ADP and depth charts.

Also note the Team DEF bye week issue I just noticed in Draft Buddy. You can download a new copy of Buddy if you like, or better yet follow these simple steps:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=366391

8/5 Update is ready!

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Click the "setup" tab

4. Enjoy!

MM & MK

8/12 update is now up and ready to roll.

I also uploaded a new version of the Compiler (1.2) to the download directory. Not major changes, so you can pretty much decide if you want to download the new version or just stick with your current one. Here is the summary of changes to this version:

- Fixed issue with prior year stats for team defense.

- Added ability for custom fields to hold non-numerical data without causing problems for the projected fantasy point calculations.

- Added Weeks 15-16 fantasy playoff schedule for all QB, RB, WR and TE to the Custom 1 field.

We'll explain these in more detail in the next CC/DB Insider newsletter, due out later today.

Just posted an unscheduled projections update. We did it for the Ben Tate injury, moving up Arian Foster and Steve Slaton. We did it for the Glen Coffee retirement and Brian Westbrook signing by the Niners. We did it for Torry Holt going on IR, with a slight bump up to Welker and Edelman.

Open the Compiler and hit Update Projections. We'll still be back on Thursday with the regularly scheduled full update.

I think what MM is trying to say is, "we did it". ;)

Hey, lay off me. I was tired. Still am if you must know :sleep:

8/26 Update is ready!

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Click the "setup" tab

4. Enjoy!

MM & MK

We did another unschedule update after last night's games, posted this morning a few minutes ago.

Donnie Avery is out, the Cards QBs are closer in the projections, the player notes were completely overhauled, plus updated ADP info.

1. Open the Compiler, hit Update Projections.

2. Open Draft Buddy (for the active league in the Compiler if you set up Buddy previously), and hit Setup Draft Buddy*.

* Leagues with keepers, draft pick trades, picks already input uncheck the "Clear Keepers and Draft Picks" option before running Setup again.

We did another unschedule update after last night's games, posted this morning a few minutes ago.

Donnie Avery is out, the Cards QBs are closer in the projections, the player notes were completely overhauled, plus updated ADP info.

Mike, I really appreciate you doing the unscheduled update. A lot of us are slated to draft this weekend to avoid the holiday next weekend. Thanks for everything you do to keep this a success. :cheers:

9/2 update is UP!

Who's drafting Labor Day weekend? I'm up next Monday night in the NFFC Online Championship, 9th pick.

Only one final update to go and then it is... time... for... FOOTBALL! :pointstosky:

Yet another unscheduled update for those drafting tonight and through the weekend.

We just dropped Hardesty, bumped up Harrison and Hillis, dropped Leftwich, bumped up Dixon and Batch, and dropped LenDale (please tell me none of you were drafting him anyway...)

Oh, and Neil Rackers locked down the Texans kicking job, but Krueger had that pegged all along. No real change there.

Good luck!

Last update is DONE! Another pre-season in the books. If you are still drafting, good luck and enjoy the games on Thursday and this weekend!

Thanks for everyone for another great Compiler season.