Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Going To Nashville On Wednesday

I have a small meeting to attend that will take a half a day and I'm free to do whatever until Sunday. I'm bringing my family. Any good tips about restaurants, bars, or things to do for the kid would be much appreciated. I keep hearing that Ruby Falls sucks and don't waste your time with it?

Where are you staying?

The downtown Hilton. I've got a rental car so I'm free to roam. I'm not looking forward to this trip as of today. I hope I'm wrong about what I've seen on the net about Nashville. Going to see Charlie Daniels on Saturday night at the old Grand Ole Opry. Some Pink Bus Tour and the possibility of golf are what's on the plan. You there?

Before having kids (15 years ago), my wife and I went to Nashville from Chicago on one of those cheap Southwest Airline deals. We were looking for a place in early April to play golf, but we did not want to go real far and we only had 3-4 days. The weather in Chicago was terrible, but we had great weather in Nashville, good golf and a real good time.

The downtown was being revitalized and there were some decent restaurants, bars and historical places to visit. The people could not have been nicer.

You may have a better time than you think you will.

I to was pleasantly suprised by Nashville. Cool city. :headbanger:

Only been twice, so I can't really steer you in any direction, but enjoy. Just stay away from Memphis. Unless you are into crack cocain, robbery, or getting shot at. That place was a hell hole.