Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Nine & Ten Commentary**

this pick was supposed to be malcom floyd but someone is a jackass

We all know Antonio Bryant has the physical skills. He had three bad to mediocre QB's last season playing on a bad offense. Bryant with single coverage, on a better offense, with Carson Palmer at QB. If Antonio keeps his head on stratight I see no reason he can't have a season like he did in 2008.

:headbanger:

I'll be offline for ~3 hours. Here's my list for the 9th

Lee Evans

Kenny Britt

From the 16 Time WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers.......

how was it like to be out-toughed in the 4th quarter for the title last nite Celtic fans.....

ha ha!!

:D

:wall:

From the 16 Time WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers.......

how was it like to be out-toughed in the 4th quarter for the title last nite Celtic fans.....

ha ha!!

:D

:wall:

dont usually like to make this excuse (and im not a celtic fan as much as a garnett fan) but its tough to play against 5 guys on the floor as well as 3 refs. That was some pretty bad officiating down the stretch. I knew they would give the lakers a few extra calls when they were down 13 but what about that up and down on Gasol that they missed? that was a terrible missed call so late in the game.

also, why does it not surprise me that you are both a Laker AND Yankee fan :wall:

I was happy to land reggie Bush as a #3 RB in the 9th round. 725 yards and 8 td's last season, and I think he can build on that. Even though this is not ppr, I feel they gadget him for TD's. He will definitely have a few huge weeks "no hassle" wise.

It looks like we have all kinda started slipping on the conversation, and we are still in the meat of this baby.

I had Dez typed in twice before I pulled the trigger on Malcom. I was scanning the net for info on the VJax situation since JScott told me he was looking at him a few days back. I was also waiting for some camp info on Floyd. I decided that regardless of VJax it wouldn't kill my squad to take Floyd in the 8th as a #3.

It would have been dez otherwise, and almost was. The 3rd and 4th guys I was scoping there was Evans, and Maclin. I had to avoid maclin due to owning Kolb and deSean.

Ice was here.....right up to the moment before the jscott pick....sweet....

:headbanger:

I had Dez typed in twice before I pulled the trigger on Malcom. I was scanning the net for info on the VJax situation since JScott told me he was looking at him a few days back. I was also waiting for some camp info on Floyd. I decided that regardless of VJax it wouldn't kill my squad to take Floyd in the 8th as a #3.

It would have been dez otherwise, and almost was. The 3rd and 4th guys I was scoping there was Evans, and Maclin. I had to avoid maclin due to owning Kolb and deSean.

well that makes me feel better about the Eli pick then. After you took Floyd i was thinking i should have gone WR/WR.. but to know you would have selected Dez makes me feel better.

Very different squad for me this year than last year which I will elaborate on if we do a final self analysis or something. But last year I went WR heavy in rounds 2-4 so this is much different having a guy like Dez as my #3.

I had Royal slated at the 9.09 spot, his value is solid here.

I was really thinking he would make it to me as well, am sorta surprised someone finally saw him and decided to take him, but I had both Royal and Edelman slotted here, so I cannot be too angry aside from the fact that I should have had Royal, and ice just got real lucky.... :dunno:

I have actually been watching Royal fall for the past few rounds and finally pulled the trigger on him. I honestly almost took him in rounds 7 & 8, but the vibe that I was getting was everybody didn't know what to make of him due to how low his production was last year compared to expectations and the pervasive "What the hell is McDaniels doin' out there?" feeling amongst fans and other NFL teams. I was kind of wondering exactly how low he would fall. At this spot, though, the value was too good. I'm glad to see that I was not alone in that assessment.

ICEMAN

I have actually been watching Royal fall for the past few rounds and finally pulled the trigger on him. I honestly almost took him in rounds 7 & 8, but the vibe that I was getting was everybody didn't know what to make of him due to how low his production was last year compared to expectations and the pervasive "What the hell is McDaniels doin' out there?" feeling amongst fans and other NFL teams. I was kind of wondering exactly how low he would fall. At this spot, though, the value was too good. I'm glad to see that I was not alone in that assessment.

ICEMAN

Yeah, his production last year was to be expected, but he should put up better #'s this year, maybe not yet up to the level of two years ago, but enough to justify him as a solid #3 on any fantasy roster, so getting him in round 9 represents really good value. It's where he should have been taken last year, but people seemed to want to overpay for him :dunno:

Under other circumstances, I would really like Royal to rebound. And I do like him a bit this year.

But McDaniels has made Denver such a clusterf*ck, I just can't feel really good about him.

I swear his problem is his QB. Cutler was hitting small windows to get the ball to Royal. Orton doesn't have that kind of arm. He needs to drop it over the top and that is damn near impossible with the speedy quick cutting routes Royal runs. That is why orton could find Marshall easily. All he had to do was chuck it up. Royal will be okay as a #3 but he won't be a good #3. I got some more on this later.

I swear his problem is his QB. Cutler was hitting small windows to get the ball to Royal. Orton doesn't have that kind of arm. He needs to drop it over the top and that is damn near impossible with the speedy quick cutting routes Royal runs. That is why orton could find Marshall easily. All he had to do was chuck it up. Royal will be okay as a #3 but he won't be a good #3. I got some more on this later.

And McDaniels did not use him properly....he inherited the Bellicheat arrogance, but does not have the ability to back that up....

I expect him to learn from his mistakes, and do a better job of using Royal, the guy is a fantastic talent; but also, it does rely pretty heavily on Orton suddenly becoming "good" too.... :dunno:

And McDaniels did not use him properly....he inherited the Bellicheat arrogance, but does not have the ability to back that up....

I expect him to learn from his mistakes, and do a better job of using Royal, the guy is a fantastic talent; but also, it does rely pretty heavily on Orton suddenly becoming "good" too.... :dunno:

I don't think Orton is bad. I just don't think Orton can make the throws that Cutler made in those small windows at full speed that vaulted Royal into the Fantasy Scene. You are right that a change of scheme to utilize Royals ability and the limitations of Orton's arm, will aid things. Mc Daniels will never have a Welker on this team with these arms.

I don't think Orton is bad. I just don't think Orton can make the throws that Cutler made in those small windows at full speed that vaulted Royal into the Fantasy Scene. You are right that a change of scheme to utilize Royals ability and the limitations of Orton's arm, will aid things. Mc Daniels will never have a Welker on this team with these arms.

I think Orton is naughty....

also, why does it not surprise me that you are both a Laker AND Yankee fan :dunno:

Don't forget the Blackhawks and whoever wins the World Cup

Pretty slow today...we need to pick it up a bit on Monday.

Wow! I apologize. Work got to me, people coming in unexpectadly..damn

I took McFadden with the hope he breaks out over Bush this year. If he doesn't, then at least he acts as a Reggie Bush II and catches some passes from Campbell. If he does, then a steal in 9th round as a RB4.

I had another available RB selected, typed in, but at the last minute I took him out instead! If he does better than McFad, then I will be pissed, but I have high hopes for him also.

will be offline for a couple of hours...pm'd my picks to Fumble/Robb

If he doesn't, then at least he acts as a Reggie Bush II and catches some passes from Campbell.

The Raiders offense, and the fact that he only scored 1 TD with 150 less yards then R. Bush, warrants you call him something like a Maurice Morris II from the Lions.

McFadden 602 total yards and 1 TD

Morris 594 Total yards and 2 TD's

Bush 750 Total yards and 8 TD's

:(

9.01- Dan- QB Carson Palmer, Cin.

Not terrible for waiting until the 9th for a QB. I know others took backups before Dan got his starter so I assume he expected a slightly better QB, but with the additions of Bryant and the rookie TE Palmer has a better corp to throw to this season. I just think Palmer has been overvalued the last 4-5 years and he had a recent stretch of declining 3 years in a row ('06 - '08 if I remember, not sure what he did in '09). That said, if I were Dan I think I would have grabbed a second QB at this turn instead of Breaston (his 4th WR).

9.02- Vikings4ever- WR Jeremy Maclin, Phi.

I like this pick. Nothing special, but on a passing team like PHI with a relatively new QB at the helm I could see Maclin possibly ending up as WR1A to DJax's WR1B. The multiple offensive options is what keeps their individiual numbers down some.

9.03- Remote Controller- RB Reggie Bush, NO

Nice pick. I agree with RC's analysis of the pick.

9.04- WhiteWonder- WR Dez Bryant, Dal.

Really like this pick. I actually had accidentally crossed Dez off my list prior to my 8th round selection of Hardesty. Given how I feel about Miles falling back to earth this season I would have selected Dez in the 8th instead. :(

9.05- KSB2424- WR Antonio Bryant, Cin.

I personally liked a few available WRs better, but only slightly. Should be one of the better NFL WR2s this season.

9.06- Clash of the Titans- WR Kenny Britt, Ten.

As some may have seen Britt was my second choice after Evans. He has big play potential that he flashed last season but I question his mind-set. Reports are he came to OTA's out of shape and TEN didn't clear him to practice. He made a comment something like I didn't commit myself during the offseason. Sounds like another case of a player who's always got by on talent alone and hasn't had to work in the past. That will probably change this season but may also keep him as #2 or possibly #3 on the depth chart. Still, in the no hassle format he's a nice boom/bust pick week to week.

-------------------------------

more when the second half of round nine is complete...

9.07- JScott- WR Lee Evans, Buf.

9.08- ICEMAN- WR Eddie Royal, Den.

9.09- Ray Lewis' Limo Driver- WR, Julian Edelman, Nep.

9.10- robb- RB Darren McFadden, Oak.

I am here all weekend and will be available to make picks. Will everyone else be here? Who will not be? I can take picks if you want since I will be at the end of selection picks this weekend. Send me a PM as NAn did and I will make the pick for you!

first - ill be golfing tomorrow from 1-7ish (including travel time) so ill try to check in but no promises.. other than that ill be aorund all weekend.

second - you guys just slaughtered most of my list for round 10. Had my eyes on Edelman, Maroney and Cotchery.

really like the Maroney pick. The Patriots didn't bring anyone else in and at the very least, Maroney is capable of some 50 yard 2 td games which is great for this format.

Maroney was my other option.....I took McFadden.

Time will tell if I was wrong or right, but I liked Marroney as well!

I have been watching Maroney for the past few rounds, just as I was watching Eddie Royal. He is just a guy that infuriates people because he has so much talent, but almost refuses to unleash it. The kid has to be doing something right for Belichick not to waive him for the past couple of years. My guess is that he has had injuries that have been unreported. I think that he is a great value here. If anything happens to Fred Taylor (the only other guy that would steal non-Kevin Faulk touches during the season), he would be good for 1,100 yards and 10 TD's. If Taylor stays healthy, he should still be good for 800 yards and 7 TD's.

ICEMAN

10.06 - WR Devin Aromashodu, CHI per JScott drinking a beer on a deck in the Mountains somewhere

Blue Grass :thumbsup:

Hey Fumble, I'm going to be all over the place today. I will send you a two man list just in case Clash pops in and I'm gone or whathaveyou. :overhead:

e-mailing a list to fumble as well

Both lists received. If Clash ever shows up, we'll be able to knock out 3 picks...