Sign in to follow this  
BRANDON ROSS

Is it possible to get a sack and a forced fumble on the same play?

Here is the scenario (or is it pronounced scenario?):

The QB is tackled behind the line of scrimmage and as he is going down he loses the football?

Does the DEF get credit for a sack and a forced fumble?

I've heard that the NFL awards players both on the same play in a post at that other board.

Yes, credit for both.

Nothing like having a DE dog it all game and then go out there and collect a sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, and rumble into the end zone for a TD on a single play. Great when it happens for you. :wall: when it is against you.

Don't quote me on this but that player also gets a solo tackle too, I think.

Yes, credit for both.

Nothing like having a DE dog it all game and then go out there and collect a sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, and rumble into the end zone for a TD on a single play. Great when it happens for you. :wall: when it is against you.

Don't quote me on this but that player also gets a solo tackle too, I think.

Yes, I believe by NFL stats rules, he does get a solo tackle. My point is, How can it be a sack/tackle if the player is never brought down with control of the ball.

Yes, I believe by NFL stats rules, he does get a solo tackle. My point is, How can it be a sack/tackle if the player is never brought down with control of the ball.

in the grasp?

He was the last opposing player with control of the ball. Tackle caused the fumble. Defined as a sack because the player is behind the line of scrimmage and a passer. Why wouldn't he get credit for a tackle?

by that same resoning, every sack would also get credit for a tackle. And that never happens. My league gives 3 points to IDPs for sacks and 1 point per tackle. But never both on the same play. The 3 points an IDP gets for a sack stands by itself.

an IDP who sacks the QB, causing a fumble recovered by the same IDP and run in for a TD gets the following

3 pts for the sack

3 pts for the forced fumble

2 pts for the fumble recovery

6 pts for the TD

a 14 point play! Arguably one of the most game changing plays in the game. Equivalent FF scoring to an 80 yard TD run or Reception.