Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Draft Commentary: Rounds 11-15

If I knew a girl named topic, I would so be on her.... :lock:

Leinhart followed by Henne.....wow..... :shocking:

I can understand wanting to backup Palmer in some way, but going with one or the other would have seemed sufficient.....isn;t there enough mediocrity on that team of yours? :P

Leinhart followed by Henne.....wow..... :shocking:

I can understand wanting to backup Palmer in some way, but going with one or the other would have seemed sufficient.....isn;t there enough mediocrity on that team of yours? :P

Actually, given the format we're aiming at, the dual selection makes a lot of sense. I wasn't a huge fan of Palmer (I wanted McNabb there), and when I picked him up I intended to back him up quickly. I almost took the back-to-back QB selection at the 7-8 turn. I opted to wait to gauge just how far Big Ben's foolishness would drop him. I was hoping that he would fall a little further. Thanks, RLLD. Given the Mock nature of this, I wanted to try it.

Losing Ben - which would have made me feel much more secure about the QB position, I opted to take one of my "extra" spots and spend it on a QB. Henne and Leinart are both "maybe" QBs, with situations that give them good opportunity, but enough questions to prevent them from being relied on. I really like Henne as an NFL QB, though I'm skeptical about his fantasy value because of the team that he's on and the philosophy they hold. Leinart - I love his situation, but fear he won't ever grow into the position. But as part of a group in which to let him prove himself . . . I'm good with that. I'm guessing that they both have moments of glitter. Best-ball format? Why not?

Actually, given the format we're aiming at, the dual selection makes a lot of sense. I wasn't a huge fan of Palmer (I wanted McNabb there), and when I picked him up I intended to back him up quickly. I almost took the back-to-back QB selection at the 7-8 turn. I opted to wait to gauge just how far Big Ben's foolishness would drop him. I was hoping that he would fall a little further. Thanks, RLLD. Given the Mock nature of this, I wanted to try it.

Losing Ben - which would have made me feel much more secure about the QB position, I opted to take one of my "extra" spots and spend it on a QB. Henne and Leinart are both "maybe" QBs, with situations that give them good opportunity, but enough questions to prevent them from being relied on. I really like Henne as an NFL QB, though I'm skeptical about his fantasy value because of the team that he's on and the philosophy they hold. Leinart - I love his situation, but fear he won't ever grow into the position. But as part of a group in which to let him prove himself . . . I'm good with that. I'm guessing that they both have moments of glitter. Best-ball format? Why not?

Interesting.

I love the fallback plan approach and patience, more importantly the fortitude to stick to it and not get nervous at the last minute when the picks came up. I can see where you are going with this. One of the things that I often enjoy within a mock or real draft is how the QB position is addressed.

I have really worked on this aspect over the years. It seems as though one can almost always find tangible production late in drafts. More important is the juxtaposition of what could have happened against what actually did.

For instance, if I looked back and noticed I could have gone QB in round 4 instead of WR or RB, and then grabbed some falling garbage RB or WR in say round 8 or 9.....would I have made out better...?

In almost every circumstance I make out better by waiting to take a QB, the points distinction almost always favors waiting....unless we are talking about real beasts like Bree's, Manning and Rivers....it changes each year, but I feel as though the odds favor waiting.....

JMHO

I concur. I have a couple of "what ifs" that I am thinking through even earlier in this draft, but we'll see. I like to evaluate the end product, but there are a couple of things that I'll try another way as I'm laying out mock drafts.

I concur. I have a couple of "what ifs" that I am thinking through even earlier in this draft, but we'll see. I like to evaluate the end product, but there are a couple of things that I'll try another way as I'm laying out mock drafts.

The plan will pay back in Spades as far as the "No Hassle" aspect. I love Henne's chances of being the big mover this year. I would include Leinart in that statement, but that offense demands it out of him and he will either make it or not. I agree with Ray that this move here might have been sufficient, but it would have been scary without the Palmer pick above. The tough thing in the real fantasy world is to be able to pick the hot hand weekly. With marshall in Miami, I am most excited about the henne pick.

I have left my list with JScott as I will be in and out for a few hours. Nothing earth shattering approaching but it still would be nice If V4E would leave my guy alone here! :bandana:

I have left my list with JScott as I will be in and out for a few hours. Nothing earth shattering approaching but it still would be nice If V4E would leave my guy alone here! :bandana:

V4E has already seen your draft board. Give up, and go with the next choice, because the first one is gone. Trust me, I know.

V4E has already seen your draft board. Give up, and go with the next choice, because the first one is gone. Trust me, I know.

:lol:

heartless east coaster :cry:

heartless east coaster :cry:

I'm being kind. I'm trying to prepare you. :)

I'm being kind. I'm trying to prepare you. :)

He was kind. He picked my 4th choice then the White Wonder grabbed my 3rd choice. I wanted to grab McGahee for both the stabilty of my fantasy team at rb, and as a nice "no Hassle" addition. He scabbed quite a few Td's from Rice last season and this way I might get credit for his 2 Td days. .

picking heath miller continues my plan of fixing the mistakes i made last year :P

I believe last year I only grabbed 1 TE and I waited until late to do so taking Carlson. I think it pays to have a backup at all the key positions incase of injury, poor play, or simply a breakout game by your backup in the best ball format.

picking heath miller continues my plan of fixing the mistakes i made last year :P

I believe last year I only grabbed 1 TE and I waited until late to do so taking Carlson. I think it pays to have a backup at all the key positions incase of injury, poor play, or simply a breakout game by your backup in the best ball format.

Outside of the change to a run first team again, I feel Heath will be the biggest benefactor of Santonio going away. Initially I feel his routes are better suited for the long wind up of the Qb, and also feel that Big Ben will use him heavilty upon his return, especially in the redzone.

You just can't go wrong with Shockey in the middle of the 11th round. If dude could only learn to avoid some contact after he catches the ball.

Had you not taken Thomas Jones there I would have, he was my #1 for the next pick....... :cheers:

Had you not taken Thomas Jones there I would have, he was my #1 for the next pick....... :cheers:

I have been watching him drop in utter disbelief. I still can't believe that he lasted this long.

ICEMAN

The 4 players on my list when waiting for V4E's pick were

McGahee

Keller

Heath Miller

Cooley

I felt I was safe for my cuff and thought that V4E might take Thomas Jones to cover Jamaal Charles.

I have been watching him drop in utter disbelief. I still can't believe that he lasted this long.

ICEMAN

Charles is being significantly over valued, I toyed with the idea of taking him at my last pick, but I felt as though the pervasive attitude would allow him to fall to me here.

Then again, even the best RB in a Chiefs uni is a disquieting notion..... :unsure:

ICEMAN

It becomes kind of like a "group think" thing when a player tumbles like that. My excuse was that I wouldn't have considered him for anything other than a RB #4, or cuff type player, beings he is on a new team this year. Charles will be given his chance to carry this team on the ground first. Has it been announced if Jones will be given goalline work?

That was how I felt as I watched Reggie Bush drop. I didn't want him as a #2 Rb, but after winning the Super Bowl I sure didn't see the Saints backing off the gas this year. Here was a 750 yard guy, with 8 td's, on the same squad with, one key back gone from last year, and he was available in the 9th as a #3 Rb.

There are one or two other tumblers left in this baby and both pretty solid picks at this point. IMHO

Charles is being significantly over valued, I toyed with the idea of taking him at my last pick, but I felt as though the pervasive attitude would allow him to fall to me here.

Then again, even the best RB in a Chiefs uni is a disquieting notion..... :unsure:

BLASPHEMY!!!!! :mad: Ask Mike! :bandana:

One must remeber the success he had in the last part of the season though.

Really, really solid value picks this round with Thomas Jones and Chester Taylor. I was hoping one of the two would fall to me as my #4 RB. As is, I'll settle for Tim Hightower given Wells's rather extensive injury history.

Really, really solid value picks this round with Thomas Jones and Chester Taylor. I was hoping one of the two would fall to me as my #4 RB. As is, I'll settle for Tim Hightower given Wells's rather extensive injury history.

I had Hightower on my short list for my last pick as well... :thumbsup:

my excuse for letting Thomas Jones slide: thought he was picked rounds ago :lol:

so i know my last 4 picks... no one take them please.

tia

my excuse for letting Thomas Jones slide: thought he was picked rounds ago :lol:

so i know my last 4 picks... no one take them please.

tia

I didn't want to take your picks until you told me not to..... :(

Regarding Jones, I had to let him slide too as I already have 4 RBs. And for my 2 flex players, I've always backed up my TE and with the VJax ???? I'll have to use the other flex on WR5 so no room for Jones.

List for my 12.04 pick sent to Fumble.....

I am heading out to a concert tonight.... :music_guitarred:

List for my 12.04 pick sent to Fumble.....

I am heading out to a concert tonight.... :music_guitarred:

i already sent a list to fumble for your 12.04 pick

So, nobody has seen NAn?

NAn's great...one of the best guys I know at FFToday, but we've gotten stuck here a lot in this draft. Frustrating...

Sent Mike an e-mail requesting that he make NAn's picks...

So, nobody has seen NAn?

NAn's great...one of the best guys I know at FFToday, but we've gotten stuck here a lot in this draft. Frustrating...

Did you get the jetdoc Mock e-mail from him? That is the only contact I have seen from him today. If you didn't I'll send you mine from home when i get there.

It doesn't matter...I don't do much of anything fantasy football related in July. It's kind of a sacred month for me to strengthen relationships with my wife and kids. I take a break from FF in July every year and re-boot in August.

This mock has been frustrating, though...the June Mock usually runs like clockwork. If I get no response from Mike, I'll make NAn's picks for him eventually.

It doesn't matter...I don't do much of anything fantasy football related in July. It's kind of a sacred month for me to strengthen relationships with my wife and kids. I take a break from FF in July every year and re-boot in August.

This mock has been frustrating, though...the June Mock usually runs like clockwork. If I get no response from Mike, I'll make NAn's picks for him eventually.

As Remote said, the only time I've "seen" NAn was via the Jetdoc email he sent. This late in the game I'm sure he wouldn't mind if a pick was made for him (or two) ;)

I'm going to go to the gym shortly and run and when I get home, if he hasn't picked, I'll make his picks for him.

I am very hesitant to make "flex" picks for anyone. He still needs a second QB, K, and D/ST. We can pick 2 of the 3 for him. Which two positions do you all think should be picked?

I am new to this League, but I struggled with this pick.

Do I want a second TE, or a QB I will use as my "Flex". So, I went with the riskier selection and took the QB. I will plug one of them in as my flex and pray that my one and only TE stays healthy!

I am curious what you all think of this strategy, now that I executed it. Did I just skrew the pooch, or could this gamble work out??

Thanks everyone.

I am new to this League, but I struggled with this pick.

Do I want a second TE, or a QB I will use as my "Flex". So, I went with the riskier selection and took the QB. I will plug one of them in as my flex and pray that my one and only TE stays healthy!

I am curious what you all think of this strategy, now that I executed it. Did I just skrew the pooch, or could this gamble work out??

Thanks everyone.

It won't hurt a thing as you will not insert a thing. This flex will give you credit for the best score out of your 3 Qb's each week. That is why it is nice to have at least 2 TE's because you never know when yours might lay and egg and the other score. Remember thouigh that this is a mock forst and a "No Hassle" contest second.

I'm going to go to the gym shortly and run and when I get home, if he hasn't picked, I'll make his picks for him.

I am very hesitant to make "flex" picks for anyone. He still needs a second QB, K, and D/ST. We can pick 2 of the 3 for him. Which two positions do you all think should be picked?

Looks like this Mike guy took care of him, though not sure what "Mike" knows about football :rolleyes:

Thanks for jumping in Mike :cheers:

Remember thouigh that this is a mock forst and a "No Hassle" contest second.

fock that, i want to beat all of you.

look at all the pride RLLD has from winning in 2009. i want to feel that feeling... to beat the best of the best :banana: