Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Draft Commentary: Rounds 11-15

It won't hurt a thing as you will not insert a thing. This flex will give you credit for the best score out of your 3 Qb's each week. That is why it is nice to have at least 2 TE's because you never know when yours might lay and egg and the other score. Remember thouigh that this is a mock forst and a "No Hassle" contest second.

Yep, agree with RC. I'm just afraid you think there's a Flex spot in the startin roster. That's not the case. You have to draft at least 2QBs, 4RBs, 4WRs, 1TE, 1PK, 1DST. The remaining two roster spots are up to you (flex). But as RC said, if you go with a 5th WR and 3rd QB, in the No Hassle format you're just giving yourself extra players (QB and WR) to produce the best score from that position. But you leave yourself volnurable at TE with only 1. I think it was KSB or WW that went with this strategy last season and didn't do so well at TE with only Carleson.

But again, we're mocking 1st an worrying about No Hassle second.

Yep, agree with RC. I'm just afraid you think there's a Flex spot in the startin roster. That's not the case. You have to draft at least 2QBs, 4RBs, 4WRs, 1TE, 1PK, 1DST. The remaining two roster spots are up to you (flex). But as RC said, if you go with a 5th WR and 3rd QB, in the No Hassle format you're just giving yourself extra players (QB and WR) to produce the best score from that position. But you leave yourself volnurable at TE with only 1. I think it was KSB or WW that went with this strategy last season and didn't do so well at TE with only Carleson.

But again, we're mocking 1st an worrying about No Hassle second.

I have tried to say that to him 3 times and you did it perfectly the first time. That's what I've been trying to say Robb. I'm sorry I couldn't spit it out right.

I have tried to say that to him 3 times and you did it perfectly the first time. That's what I've been trying to say Robb. I'm sorry I couldn't spit it out right.

JScott & Remote:

Hey RC, I understood it the first time you told me so thank you very much.....and JScott only confirmed it. You both make it clear and I appreciate you taking the time to explain!

That said, I still thought I would give it a try and see how it works fully understanding the implications. I have 3 "fairly" good QBs, each who on a week-to=week basis can put up spectacular numbers, but one of whom will have a bummer week. With 3, I will minimize my loses each and every week.

Now.....it is on to selecting my kicker, or deciding if I only need one since they too get hurt!

Did I read somewhere that RLLD sent his pick to someone on the Board?

(or have the drugs just settled in?)

List for my 12.04 pick sent to Fumble.....

I am heading out to a concert tonight.... :music_guitarred:

I was correct........Fumble, you got his 12.04 selection?

Just got back from the concert, will pick shortly :music_guitarred:

Just got back from the concert, will pick shortly :music_guitarred:

Who'd ya see? Kenny Chesney........U2..............Nanci Griffith???

:shocking: ... Not that Ray Ray was the first to take a DST, but that it wasn't you know who ... Please leave your Ray Lewis authentic at the door on the way out RLLD :harumf:

12.04 D/ST, New York Jets

:clap:

B)

Always lead the trend, never follow it....it's how you win things boys... :lock:

Here and will pick shortly. On work phone conference.

Here and will pick shortly. On work phone conference.

Slacker. :bandana:

B)

Always lead the trend, never follow it....it's how you win things boys... :lock:

I am not kidding you, I had the Jets qeued-up to select. I was forced to go with Plan B.

ICEMAN

Slacker. :bandana:

Seriously, how 'bout some multitasking :rolleyes:

Cassel - In taking Rodgers early I felt I could wait on a backup. I expect AR to play in every game and play well (or else why take him in the 2nd) so a QB2 of Cassel's level is just fine. I suspect there will be a few others before my next pick who will take a QB3, so I didn't want to risk having a lower level QB as my backup. After Cassel there were only a few others I feel are good QB2s so I grabbed him now rather than waiting.

And he could prove to be a lower tier QB1, given the weapons KCC has in the passing game. What could hurt is if KCC all of a sudden runs the ball well near the goalline with TJones.

Seriously, how 'bout some multitasking :rolleyes:

Cassel - In taking Rodgers early I felt I could wait on a backup. I expect AR to play in every game and play well (or else why take him in the 2nd) so a QB2 of Cassel's level is just fine. I suspect there will be a few others before my next pick who will take a QB3, so I didn't want to risk having a lower level QB as my backup. After Cassel there were only a few others I feel are good QB2s so I grabbed him now rather than waiting.

And he could prove to be a lower tier QB1, given the weapons KCC has in the passing game. What could hurt is if KCC all of a sudden runs the ball well near the goalline with TJones.

Cassell and good should not transpire in the same statement.... :nono:

sounds like Clash sent a list?

Cassell and good should not transpire in the same statement.... :nono:

It's all relative Ray. "Good" QB2 means he's better than the average QB2. And IMO there are ~16 QBs in my QB1 tier and ~12 in the QB2 tier, so is Cassel in the top half of my QB2 tier (better than 22th?). Yes.

To your point, he's be a terrible QB1, but a phenominal QB4 :overhead:

It's all relative Ray. "Good" QB2 means he's better than the average QB2. And IMO there are ~16 QBs in my QB1 tier and ~12 in the QB2 tier, so is Cassel in the top half of my QB2 tier (better than 22th?). Yes.

To your point, he's be a terrible QB1, but a phenominal QB4 :overhead:

:lol:

:doublethumbsup:

12.09 - RB LaDainian Tomlinson, NY Jets

:ninja:

part nostalgia, part legit pick.

following this situation closely i think the Jets will run enough and give LT enough touches to keep him happy that he can produce even if Shonn Greene is the monster everyone expects based on last years playoffs.

however, people seem to forget that Thomas Jones did all the work over the course of the 16 game season and we really have no idea how Greene will hold up physically or mentally to a full workload.

so i will gladly take LT with a chip on his shoulder, behind that offensive line, with only an inexperienced sophomore in front of him.

:ninja:

part nostalgia, part legit pick.

following this situation closely i think the Jets will run enough and give LT enough touches to keep him happy that he can produce even if Shonn Greene is the monster everyone expects based on last years playoffs.

however, people seem to forget that Thomas Jones did all the work over the course of the 16 game season and we really have no idea how Greene will hold up physically or mentally to a full workload.

so i will gladly take LT with a chip on his shoulder, behind that offensive line, with only an inexperienced sophomore in front of him.

Not arguing with the logic here about Greene, but I haven't read/heard one good thing about LT from Jets camp. All reports are he looks just as slow as last season with no flashes of the old LT. :dunno:

Not arguing with the logic here about Greene, but I haven't read/heard one good thing about LT from Jets camp. All reports are he looks just as slow as last season with no flashes of the old LT. :dunno:

Kris Jenkins did an interview a little while back with NFL network and when asked which offseason acquisition he was most excited about he said LT. Said LT was working hard, looking good, and really had a chip on his shoulder.

A front? possibly but i was willing to believe it because he could have said Jason Taylor, Cromartie or Holmes just as easily.

Also, Im obviously not expecting flashes of the old LT, that would be insanity. I'm expecting 2009 LT (who scored 10 TD's) behind a much better offensive line at best, and a 3rd down / goalline back at worst in the 12th round.

:dunno:

Tomlinson was the top player on my list when taken.....of course he would have been my 5th RB at that point too..... :cheers:

Kris Jenkins did an interview a little while back with NFL network and when asked which offseason acquisition he was most excited about he said LT. Said LT was working hard, looking good, and really had a chip on his shoulder.

A front? possibly but i was willing to believe it because he could have said Jason Taylor, Cromartie or Holmes just as easily.

Also, Im obviously not expecting flashes of the old LT, that would be insanity. I'm expecting 2009 LT (who scored 10 TD's) behind a much better offensive line at best, and a 3rd down / goalline back at worst in the 12th round.

:dunno:

Certainly worth a flyer in the 12th, no agruement there. The Jenkins comment of "working hard" reminds me of a buddy saying a girl "has a good personality". I'm not very trusting of players comments, especially of teammates. I'll lean towards the outside observers comments. And as you said, your expectations are tempered so this is a nice pick.

I think Foster will hold that job this year and that was a nice pick. Tate has been hurt and Slaton has just now been releaed for contact.

If I had the room for a 5th RB I definetly would have taken Foster to protect my Tate pick. Just don't have the room.

If I had the room for a 5th RB I definetly would have taken Foster to protect my Tate pick. Just don't have the room.

:huh:

You have two flex spots for which you could certainly use a RB.... :dunno:

Certainly worth a flyer in the 12th, no agruement there. The Jenkins comment of "working hard" reminds me of a buddy saying a girl "has a good personality". I'm not very trusting of players comments, especially of teammates. I'll lean towards the outside observers comments. And as you said, your expectations are tempered so this is a nice pick.

probably the most i have discussed any pick of my draft :lol: but being that the topic hits close to home i think its fun to discuss.

I get the working hard comment. I usually don't blink when I hear players say that because as you said, its a teammate. The reason I took notice is that Jenkins was not asked specifically about LT. Not like someone said "hey how is LT looking?" and he had to lie.

If all goes according to plan for the Jets, Greene will get 60%, LT 25-30% with the rest split between McKnight and Woodhead. Being that LT is a great pass blocker and has a knack for the endzone I expect him to be out there on 3rd downs protecting Sanchez and picking up some short yardage TD's.

Thats the low side. The upside is if Greene is injured, slumps, or generally can't handle the workload and be as productive as we saw in his limited display. In that case I don't think the Jets would hesitate to let the veteran assume a bigger workload and considering all Thomas Jones did was plow forward, I think LT even without the ability to cut, can be productive behind that line.

:huh:

You have two flex spots for which you could certainly use a RB.... :dunno:

:twak: I posted 3 days ago that due to VJax's situation I felt I had to use one of my flex spots for WR5 and I always backup my TE, so no room for a RB5. Jeeeeez Ray, try to keep up. :rolleyes:

I took Scheffler as my back up TE. I like the direction this offese seems to have moved this off season. I feel Best will take some pressure of of Stafford, and that Calvin and Scheffler will give defenses fits with their size and speed. Schef won't be asked to block when he is in. He will be used like the Colts use Clark. He's just a #2 TE, and I would have liked a stronger one, but at this point I felt he offered the most.

Latest word is that a certain Indy WR returning from injury may not be 100%. Wayne and Clark will get theirs, with Garcon and Collie sharing most of the rest. Collie put up 60 receptions, 670 yards, and 7 TDs as a rookie. Indy looks to be a clusterfock (in a good way), and any receiver could go off on any given week. The no-hassle format gives him more value, IMO

Latest word is that a certain Indy WR returning from injury may not be 100%. Wayne and Clark will get theirs, with Garcon and Collie sharing most of the rest. Collie put up 60 receptions, 670 yards, and 7 TDs as a rookie. Indy looks to be a clusterfock (in a good way), and any receiver could go off on any given week. The no-hassle format gives him more value, IMO

I don't think the guy that's always hurt will affect much. Collie is better anyway.

:twak: I posted 3 days ago that due to VJax's situation I felt I had to use one of my flex spots for WR5 and I always backup my TE, so no room for a RB5. Jeeeeez Ray, try to keep up. :rolleyes:

I dont remember all the posts, grabbing LT > grabbing a second TE......JMHO :dunno:

I actually had Collie at the top of my list earlier today, but after reading news reports on him and some of the other guys I am considering, I dropped him down my list a bit...

Still, I imagine if he were around at my next pick I might need some time to really move on to another player....

So, did anybody else besides me have Terrell Owens on their late-round radar? Just curious...

So, did anybody else besides me have Terrell Owens on their late-round radar? Just curious...

Honestly, nope. If he was still there in the 14th/15th and I was looking for a WR5 I would have considered him.

Dan...I changed White's status from Seattle to Free Agent since he currently has no team...

Honestly, nope. If he was still there in the 14th/15th and I was looking for a WR5 I would have considered him.

Interesting...I still think he'll land somewhere and play one more season.

Radar, yes. But I'm not sure I would have pulled the trigger, because I think teams are tired of his schtick, and last year's underwhelming performance probably convinced too many people that he hasn't got anything left.