Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Osama accepts McChrystal resignation

He should be kept in, I'd hate to see a four star go down because of some aides. I was a generals aide when in active duty, reporters are always asking for the dirt, all he had to say was "the general doesn't share that with me..". He just wanted to be part of the story.

Also it's well known that Biden is a moron when it comes to military matters, ######, he tried to tell petreus how a counter insurgency works.. Petreus wrote the doctrine, I think he knows

Tough to say what might happen.....there are plenty of generals, so to say that removing him would devastate the efforts in the 'stan seems a bit dramatic, but there likely would be at least some/i] impact...

Still, if he sacks the guy, then he sends a very strong message to the entire military establishment, and that might be more valuable to him than keeping the guy in place.... :unsure:

General should be relieved of duty. It sucks for him, but he can't undermine his commander and chief (however justified in his position) in public like that. He's got to keep things behind closed doors.

General should be relieved of duty. It sucks for him, but he can't undermine his commander and chief (however justified in his position) in public like that. He's got to keep things behind closed doors.

:wall:

Gone. Not surprising.

This sets a very specific stage moving forward. He just upped his clout, across the board.

Am I wrong? :huh:

Yes, McCrystal never bashed the president in "public". His un-named aides leaked those private comments to that reporter. So yes you are wrong.

If you think McCrystal shouldn't have even questioned the President at all (in private) then that is another story.

Regardless of what actually happened, McChrystal had to go. You don't challenge the leader of the free world. Period. Obama was left with no choice.

Regardless of what actually happened, McChrystal had to go. You don't challenge the leader of the socialized world. Period. Obama was left with no choice.

<_<

Osama: I don't make this decision out of any great personal insult

yea ok why was he angry again? :doh:

I think the key here is to remember that this is the guy who got rid of Pizza Hut at all bases in Afghanistan. What kind of sick son of a ###### does something like that? I hope Obama brings the hammer :mad:

I think the key here is to remember that this is the guy who got rid of Pizza Hut at all bases in Afghanistan. What kind of sick son of a ###### does something like that? I hope Obama brings the hammer :mad:

That was a safety concern. The excess grease was causing the troops to practically glow in the dark at night.

Everybody loses. McCrystal loses his job. The aides prolly get their ass kicked for being loudmouth dumbasses. Obama is in a no win situation either way and it comes out that one of our best Generals thinks he is incompetent. The country loses a fine General and looks weak.

We all lose.

Everybody loses. McCrystal loses his job. The aides prolly get their ass kicked for being loudmouth dumbasses. Obama is in a no win situation either way and it comes out that one of our best Generals thinks he is incompetent. The country loses a fine General and looks weak.

We all lose.

and FoxNews will gain a greta war analyst :thumbsup:

We all lose.

you've actually been reading what I post. :cheers:

you've actually been reading what I post. :cheers:

To bad the media doesn't read the articles they are reporting on. I agree that McCrystal prolly had to go and this was not good. However if I read or hear one more focking time "General McCrystal told the Rolling Stone that Obama is a yada yada..." I'm going to focking hurt somebody.

I read the article, and if it's true, as some claim, that he had a part in covering up Pat Tillman's death, then fock him, he should have been gone years ago.

And in case you didn't read it, KSB, there are reports of things he said in the presence of the guy who wrote the article that are disparaging to administration officials. Stop acting like he didn't do anything and it's all a bunch of nonsense stirred up by his underlings. The guy is a loose cannon and got smacked down for it.

Regardless of what actually happened, McChrystal had to go. You don't challenge the leader of the free world. Period. Obama was left with no choice.

LEWIS

Oh yes, he does, A.J. I'm a citizen,

this is my president, and in this

country it is not only permissible to

question our leaders, it is our

responsibility.

Sometimes Hollywood shines a light. I hope behind closed doors and off mic - there are those with the stones to do this. But certainly not on the record for broadcast, agreed.

I read the article, and if it's true, as some claim, that he had a part in covering up Pat Tillman's death, then fock him, he should have been gone years ago.

And in case you didn't read it, KSB, there are reports of things he said in the presence of the guy who wrote the article that are disparaging to administration officials. Stop acting like he didn't do anything and it's all a bunch of nonsense stirred up by his underlings. The guy is a loose cannon and got smacked down for it.

What this whole thing is about is the quotes of McCrystal about a person above him in rank (POTUS). So please post where the General said something directly to the journalist about Obama. You can't.

Also, apparently you don't read the threads you post in. I'm not acting like McCrystal "didn't do anything wrong" I'v said that like 5 times. My only contenion is that the main stream media is totally misreprsenting this story. Just like you are misrepsenting my stance on this issue.

I want people to get the facts straight and then make up their minds. That's focking all. It's irritating dealing with ignorant sheep. If you don't know what that is, look in the mirror.

McCrystal had to go after all of this was made public. He shoulda not even said as much to his aides. Had to happen, but let's see how this came to light.

Most of the article featured quotes from anonymous aides, including some who were getting drunk in a Paris bar.

Apparently this journalist was following them around, and was allowed, for a month or so. Most of the juicy quotes came when a couple aids went to the bar with the journalist, got drunk and spilled some beans.

That is just awesome. :thumbsdown:

McCrystal had to go after all of this was made public. He shoulda not even said as much to his aides. Had to happen, but let's see how this came to light.

Apparently this journalist was following them around, and was allowed, for a month or so. Most of the juicy quotes came when a couple aids went to the bar with the journalist, got drunk and spilled some beans.

That is just awesome. :thumbsdown:

:rolleyes:

I suppose you're as outraged about this as you were about the ""kangaroo court" in Washington forcing poor BP to cough up $20B.

Yes, McCrystal never bashed the president in "public". His un-named aides leaked those private comments to that reporter. So yes you are wrong.

If you think McCrystal shouldn't have even questioned the President at all (in private) then that is another story.

How very Strike-esque of you.

How was I wrong. TIA

Why does it matter how this came out? He said the things. He doesn't deny saying the things. If your boss hears you talking ###### about him, you're going to pay teh price. Doesn't matter if you say it directly to him, or someone hears you through a bathroom stall wall.

Not really sure what your stance even is on this issue. :dunno: (as usual)

What did he even say about Hu Jintao?

Why does it matter how this came out? He said the things. He doesn't deny saying the things. If your boss hears you talking ###### about him, you're going to pay teh price. Doesn't matter if you say it directly to him, or someone hears you through a bathroom stall wall.

Not really sure what your stance even is on this issue. :dunno: (as usual)

The issue at hand is that certain quotes about a General to a President were published for public consumption. To want to know HOW the quotes came about is very pertinent. It's not as if what was said is being questioned, its that the statemetns were made and the public/President has now seen them. HOW that happened is very important. Also, if it doesn't matter then why is the media constantly mispresenting how the quotes came out?

My stance is McCrystal is a dummy for saying that to his aides. This journalist had to get the aides drunk to get the story so he is a dirty focking reporter in my opinon. McCrystals aides need their asses kicked. Obama was put in a bad spot and had to do what he had to do. The media needs to get their focking facts straight as we as the public rely on it. It sounds better to say "McCyrstal disparrages Obama in article!!!" That is sensationalism.

Just stop saying McCrystal SAID those quotes to the Rolling Stone. He didn't. And it does make a difference.

The issue at hand is that certain quotes about a General to a President were published for public consumption. To want to know HOW the quotes came about is very pertinent. It's not as if what was said is being questioned, its that the statemetns were made and the public/President has now seen them. HOW that happened is very important. Also, if it doesn't matter then why is the media constantly mispresenting how the quotes came out?

My stance is McCrystal is a dummy for saying that to his aides. This journalist had to get the aides drunk to get the story so he is a dirty focking reporter in my opinon. McCrystals aides need their asses kicked. Obama was put in a bad spot and had to do what he had to do. The media needs to get their focking facts straight as we as the public rely on it. It sounds better to say "McCyrstal disparrages Obama in article!!!" That is sensationalism.

Just stop saying McCrystal SAID those quotes to the Rolling Stone. He didn't. And it does make a difference.

But the endgame is the same. He's finished and he should be.

But the endgame is the same. He's finished and he should be.

Probably. However don't you think the endgame should be based on what actually happened? Just go read the news article on the net or ask a co-worker. People who just read a headline think McCrystal gave an one on one interveiw with Rolling Stone and bashed the President. That is how it is being portrayed and it is wrong.

Probably. However don't you think the endgame should be based on what actually happened? Just go read the news article on the net or ask a co-worker. People who just read a headline think McCrystal gave an one on one interveiw with Rolling Stone and bashed the President. That is how it is being portrayed and it is wrong.

So he snuck around and bashed the President instead. Does that represent him better?

This journalist had to get the aides drunk to get the story so he is a dirty focking reporter in my opinon.

So the reporter got a bunch of career military officers drunk? Did he hold a gun to their heads? Spike their ginger ale? Exactly how did this go down?

So the reporter got a bunch of career military officers drunk? Did he hold a gun to their heads? Spike their ginger ale? Exactly how did this go down?

Welcome to a conversation with KSB. He'll talk in circles, ask questions he really doesn't want answers to, and then act shocked when you finally just give up and call him a moron.

Welcome to a conversation with KSB. He'll talk in circles, ask questions he really doesn't want answers to, and then act shocked when you finally just give up and call him a moron.

Been there, done that. :thumbsup:

He disparaged members of the administration IN FRONT OF THE REPORTER. Did you read the article?

We all lose.

You're really in full on dumbass mode today. How can you call replacing a General, who threw his President under the bus, with the guy who single-handedly turned around the war in Iraq, a losing situation? General Petraeus should have been in charge from the beginning. Bush putting him in charge of Iraq was probably the best move of his Presidency.

The only person who loses in this thread is you.

Also all so hilarious that he puts in charge Petraeus who's surge in Iraq he, Biden and co. lambasted, called failure and everything under the sun.

All of a sudden apparently Petraeus is the right guy to lead the surge in Afghanistan.

Kinda hard to fathom how all of a sudden Petraeus is the right guy.

Also all so hilarious that he puts in charge Petraeus who's surge in Iraq he, Biden and co. lambasted, called failure and everything under the sun.

All of a sudden apparently Petraeus is the right guy to lead the surge in Afghanistan.

Kinda hard to fathom how all of a sudden Petraeus is the right guy.

He wants to set it up so when Obama loses Afghanistan he can put the blame on Petraeus...