Sign in to follow this  
Cstriker

Open Office Support

Mike, do you guys have any future plans to support open office with CC/DB ? It would be great if you guys could do that.

Mike, do you guys have any future plans to support open office with CC/DB ? It would be great if you guys could do that.

I actually made an attempt to create an Open Office version earlier this year, but I couldn't figure out the programming side of things. The file converts nicely into OO from a visual standpoint - it looks identical. The backend programming is a major hurdle. Thought I was set when I found a Visual Basic to OO converter, but it didn't work.

In terms of future plans, we are more likely to take the Compiler and Draft Buddy out of Excel, so it doesn't have to rely on it, and make it its own standalone application. Of course we will only do this if it is Windows and Mac compatible. We've had and continue to talk to developers to try to make this a reality.

Why could'nt this be a web application mike? Would be easier to push updates etc. Or is it the aesthetics of owning a piece of software that the FFers like? I would love an online version. :)

Why could'nt this be a web application mike? Would be easier to push updates etc. Or is it the aesthetics of owning a piece of software that the FFers like? I would love an online version. :)

Can't take Draft Buddy to your draft then - that is the hangup with that. I realize many, many more people do have Internet access everywhere, but still many do not as well, especially on draft day if they are doing a live draft in a bar, in a buddy's basement, some old barn down a country side road, etc., etc.

I could envision the Compiler as a web app though. I'll grant you that.

What about adobe AIR?

You make it sound easy Ryan :)