Sign in to follow this  
eagerowl

PPR Keeper questions

I'm in a 10 team PPR keeper league, can keep up to three players and lose the pick in the round originally drafted. My primary options are:

Michael Turner (2nd round)

Desean Jackson (5th round)

Jason Witten (11th round)

Jamaal Charles (16th round)

Steve Smith-NYG (16th round)

Keep in mind it's PPR. Witten has been great in this league but with the depth at TE this year I think I can let him go. Charles is a no-brainer for such a low pick...Turner seems obvious but he's not as valuable in this format. I'm really torn between Jackson and Smith. Who would be your three?

Will answer yours - thanks!

Yeah I would have to keep the following in this order:

J.Charles

S.Smith

J.Witten

This really frees you up to take BPA in the early rounds. I am not a huge fan of keeping a TE but you have a top 3 TE for an 11th rd and that is just too good a value in ppr leagues.

I think Jamaal Charles and Steve Smith are both no brainers in the 16th round. Steve Smith is the Giants possession receiver, and is very similar to a Wes Welker. In PPR leagues, he is probably a top 15 WR, with upside to be in the top 10. 90+ receptions, 1000+ yards, 6 TD's should be likely.

My last choice is between Desean Jackson and Jason Witten. I don't really like keeping a TE. Witten is probably a 5th or 6th round pick that you are getting in the 11th. Desean is probably a late 2nd or 3rd round pick that you are getting in the 5th. Both are good values. But I think I agree with WoodDuck and I'm going to go with Witten. He is going to always catch a lot of balls from Romo. I also think his TD's might go up a tad from last year, with similar catches and yards. This gives you a starting RB, starting WR, and starting TE, with all the early rounds to draft from.

I would not keep Michael Turner. I actually have him as my 13th RB in PPR leagues. I wouldn't draft him until the 3rd round. Which means I won't be getting him because I know someone will take him in the 2nd round, or even the late 1st round. He is the one guy I just don't like in PPR leagues. He gives you nothing in the passing game. Even if he goes for a very good 1400 yards and 14 TD's, that's 224 points in PPR leagues. A RB like Rashard Mendenhall can go for 1200 yards and 10 TD's, but add 35 receptions for 250 yards and put up 240 points in PPR leagues.

Appreciate the responses! I assumed I would keep Turner...but another factor is I finished 2nd in the league so my 2nd round pick is at the top of the round...another reason to go with Witten I guess.

Thanks!