Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Holmes departure from Pittsburg.....

I have noticed that Steeler WR's can be had for bargain prices in recent mocks..... mostly due to Big Bens absence early on, I assume. I already have an opinion on Mendy, but I am trying to decide who might likely be a more servicable WR2, with WR1 potential.

The veteran Hines or the speedster Wallace?

Does Heath Miller get more looks?

I have noticed that Steeler WR's can be had for bargain prices in recent mocks..... mostly due to Big Bens absence early on, I assume. I already have an opinion on Mendy, but I am trying to decide who will likely be a more servicable WR2, with WR1 potential.

The veteran Hines or the speedster Wallace?

Does Heath Miller get more looks?

I think Wallace has a lot of upside. Breakout type of year.

Miller is the guy I'm going after, hands down.

He was the 8th best fantasy TE last year in standard scoring, netting the same amount of points as Witten. Yet he seems to have completely fallen off the face of the earth, with an ADP of 14.01, and I've seen him go undrafted more often than not in my mocks.

A lot of people seem to forget that he had 76 receptions for 789 yards and 6 TD in 2009. Will he improve on those numbers in 2010? I don't see how he couldn't, given the circumstances. The entire receiving corp is a lot weaker than it was last year, so Miller is going to have to pick up some of that slack when Ben comes back (and Ben wants the team to remain pass-oriented when he returns). During the suspension, you'll either have the statue Leftwich, or an inexperienced young Dixon. Both of those guys will be under a lot of pressure back there, and will be looking for a safety valve often. That valve will be Miller.

85 receptions, 900 yards, 8 TD. That would be a top 5 TE by last year's standards, and I don't think I'm being crazy with that estimate. Let everyone else fight over Witten, Clark, Gonzalez, and Gates in the middle rounds. I'll stock up on RB/WR in the meantime, and grab Miller at the end of the draft.

Pittsburgh has the 28th worst schedule for QB's this year and the 31st worst for WR!! TE are 24th.

just a note..

By default is has to be Wallace. I mean his opportunities have just gone threw the roof compared to last year.

He Has never faced the number one DB's. I dont see him improving with numbers that much.

He Has never faced the number one DB's. I dont see him improving with numbers that much.

He probably still wont face the number 1 db since hines ward managed to put up 1150 yards and 95 catches last season. Hines ward has never relied on his speed, his decline should be slow and he should still have enough in the tank to be the steelers #1 WR this next season.

I do like alot of the steelers fantasy players this season. They are all incredibly cheap and provide some value.

Pittsburgh has the 28th worst schedule for QB's this year and the 31st worst for WR!! TE are 24th.

just a note..

I am certainly not sold on these figures. I don't doubt that you retrieved them from a source that you trust, however, defensive effectiveness changes so much from year to year.

I have looked at their schedule and, although not a cakewalk, it certainly doesn't appear daunting from a passing/receiving perspective. I see teams such as Detroit, Buffalo, Cleveland, TB, TN, Oakland, Atlanta, Carolina.......all with potentially improved Defenses, but not enough to scare me off. In fact, the Steelers 2010 opponents had a combined record of 126-130 in 2009.....12th worst in the NFL.