Sign in to follow this  
mrdude108

Keeper Help! M. Schaub or C. Johnson to join A.P?

I have Adrian Peterson and obviously I will keep him but I am having trouble with my next keeper. I had Schaub set but then I was doing Mock drafts and receivers are going high and fast so I was thinking maybe I need to keep a WR.

I have:

*Calvin Johnson, Detroit..leaning toward him because Stafford should be a lot better and hes the only guy there.

*DeSean Jackson, Philly..I believe the only reason this guy did as good as he did was because McNabb had a great deep pass ability and Kolb isn't proven yet.

*Matt Schaub, Houston..this guy is great, I am a fan and hes good but supposedly he has a tough schedule.

I also have Percy Harvin and Cedric Benson but I don't like either of these guys coming up to next season.

Any Ideas?

I'm on board with CJ. I don't get all the keeper love for Schaub anyway.

Keep Benson or Calvin Johnson. Benson is a rare workhorse back that has a bad rep just because he didn't work out in Chico. He will get all the carries in Cinci and he's not getting suspended. I would think about keeping CJ over Benson only if you're in a league where you have to start 3 WR or its PPR or your league has shown a tendency to take WRs early.

But do we think Benson can do what he did last year? Will Calvin improve a lot from last year? I am satisfied with AP at RB and could probably pick up another one in the draft but everyone in my league seems to be keeping RBs, only one WR is being kept though.

But do we think Benson can do what he did last year? Will Calvin improve a lot from last year? I am satisfied with AP at RB and could probably pick up another one in the draft but everyone in my league seems to be keeping RBs, only one WR is being kept though.

I think you said it right there. If you think only one WR will be kept, then why not be set at RB and pick the best WR available with your first pick in the draft. What position do you pick? If only 1 WR is kept, it's likely you will have a shot at a top tier WR anyway.

Okay it is down to Benson and Johnson I think.

BENSON.

You want to be burned by MINI-TRON?! Oh, that's right, we're still waiting for him to actually achieve WR1 numbers. When that happens....when is a fully healthy, his knee isn't bombed out, when Stafford is fully healthy, when the o-line is progressed....

Yeah, Benson.

It's not like Benson has been the model of consistency or health either. He's missed more games over the last 3 years than Calvin Johnson has. The upside and ability of Calvin Johnson dwarfs what Benson is capable of. Benson had his breakout year last year and still only scored 6 TD's. He's not a receiving threat at all. With signing both Bryant and TO to go along with OchoCinco in the offseason, I see the Bengals running more 3 WR sets, which doesn't fit Benson's game at all. Benson is currently a late 3rd/4th. round pick. I think that may even be too high.

Calvin Johnson is currently a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick. There is more value in keeping Johnson. Johnson put up a 1330 yard and 12 TD season in 2008. That's not WR1 numbers? I wouldn't be suprised at all if Calvin Johnson leads all WR's in touchdowns this year.

First of all are you a LIONS fan? Because I've never heard of anyone other than a LIONS fan to be high on Calvin Johnson. I think Stafford is a bust...who is living off the Cleveland Browns game. The dude threw 20 picks and he didn't play the full season. You can't trust a WR tied to him.

Benson is doubted ,for some reason . And everyone is avoiding him. He ran for over 1200 yards and he missed 3 games last year. Everyone mentioned how Shonne Greene ran in the playoff. But no one mentions how a healthy Benson ran all over the JETS in the same game. And if you had Benson he would be your RB2 not your RB1.

First of all are you a LIONS fan? Because I've never heard of anyone other than a LIONS fan to be high on Calvin Johnson.

Don't get out much do ya?

Calvin is a top 10 WR and with the addition of Burleson and Scheffler will have great no.s with a more seasoned Stafford throwing to him. Benson is more of a question mark and has had one good season (last year)

Read a fantasy mag or two.

If every one else is keeping RB's I would take CJ and hope Benson gets back to me. You would have to assume with everyone locked up at RB they would all take a WR or QB in rd 1 and you have already locked up a top 5 WR and one of the best workhorse backs in the league.

If every one else is keeping RB's I would take CJ and hope Benson gets back to me. You would have to assume with everyone locked up at RB they would all take a WR or QB in rd 1 and you have already locked up a top 5 WR and one of the best workhorse backs in the league.

^ This.

CJ is your man. Don't even hesitate. I don't trust Benson at all..of course you can't love them Lions but you can bank on Calvin having a good year.