Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round 3 Commentary

It took 45 minutes but I think you nailed it with Manning. I can also understand why it took that long to pick, hoping a wideout would appear from thin air!

It took 45 minutes but I think you nailed it with Manning. I can also understand why it took that long to pick, hoping a wideout would appear from thin air!

I really had to think about it much longer than I thought I would....I tossed around a half dozen potential routes and outcomes. In the end it really is something of a gamble, but one I think I can manage a bit later...

I really had to think about it much longer than I thought I would....I tossed around a half dozen potential routes and outcomes. In the end it really is something of a gamble, but one I think I can manage a bit later...

Like I said, i think you got it right. I know Manning was the right call. When you look at the handful or less of WR prospects available right here, greene should out produce them easily.

CJ and Manning are like flannel jammies on a January night! :wub:

Had a feeling you were going to take Manning, solid pick RLLD...he wouldn't have gotten past me.

With a start like that (high on Greene as well) if you get some WRs to hit later in draft, will be gold.

Went with Mendy here, though did consider a few others. Feel he'll hold his own in ppr, based on last year, plus expect checkdowns from Pitt QB who starts season. Guy has the talent and in solid situation to succeed building on last year.

Had very few options of ways to go here. After going RB, RB I decided to go with Boldin. Not my favorite pick of the draft but with how many WR have gone so far I decided he was best available.

Had very few options of ways to go here. After going RB, RB I decided to go with Boldin. Not my favorite pick of the draft but with how many WR have gone so far I decided he was best available.

I felt this turned out to be best case scenario for you. This is a wideout you likely took a passing glance at before the turn, and you landed him and Turner.

Feeling is going to be very explosive, as all 3 of his guys can blow at any minute. MJD, DeSean, and Dewill look real solid!

Both the new guys have solid backfields, and filled in nicely with Boldin and Colston respectively. (or should I say 2 out of 3 new guys) We'll have to wait and see which direction Jeepz goes. Rodgers was on fire last night though so that pick won't go wasted!

I feel fortunate to be able to grab Mathews in the 3rd round. I think that Mike Krueger is greatly underestimating the amount of receiving that this kid is going to do out of the backfield this coming season. I would expect at least 45-50 receptions this year out of Mathews in that offense, even with Sproles vulturing some of the 3rd down duties.

ICEMAN

Would have gladly taken Mathews had Ice let him drop, but am very pleased with Grant. He always sneaks up on you as the season progresses and gives you steady effort. The head is fine after the first preseason game and hopefully he will rest for game 2. There was one other back considered that I will discuss in a bit. I like having a chunk of the Colts, the Cowboys, and the Packers, as they all score a bunch!

I am not a Charles fan this year, I do not think he will produce in a manner to support him being taken as anything other than a #3 RB on a fantasy team.....

I think Pierre Thomas got a recent boost from the injury to the goal line hawk....so his value has risen in the last week or so...

I am not a Charles fan this year, I do not think he will produce in a manner to support him being taken as anything other than a #3 RB on a fantasy team.....

I think Pierre Thomas got a recent boost from the injury to the goal line hawk....so his value has risen in the last week or so...

XXX wasn't an ultra proven player or goal line hawk. If the Saints wish to have a goalline back other than Pierre Thomas, they will find one. XXX's injury doesn't change my ranking of PT much. I still like him but given the choice i'll take the higher upside player in Charles.

little surprised by Boldin ahead of Colston, but guess close enough matter of preference.

RBs this round went as I expected, except Charles is a bit of an anomaly...seen him go as early as 9th/10th RB off the board. Just not sure what to make of him.

think Pierre is much more solid value this year than last, then Benson rounds out the round...I think he is also solid value.

After taking a shot at Rodgers, I obviously needed an RB. With the RB pool decimated (thanks guys, was it too much to ask a few of you to take QBs or something?) I really struggled. I think there are potentially a lot better PPR backs ahead of CedBen, but all of them are in some sort of timeshare and I just felt better taking a guy that I can see being a solid, steady, weekly producer. He may not have a chance to blow up every week, but maybe if that offense can stay clicking he'll have a couple more scoring opportunities. Maybe? This whole taking a QB early is taking me out of my comfort zone here.

I am not a big fan of either Benson or Charles for 2010, and I do not believe either one will produce enough to justify being taken before round 4 or 5.

I am very high on McCoy in particular, and Greene as well, and I think these two represent substantial production for fantasy owners this year.

I am also a bit tepid on Grant, and suspect that he is either mired in RBBC or relegated to blocking on passing plays by mid-season, with one of the backups emerging as the running focus....

All JMHO, but I am always right.... :bandana:

I am not a big fan of either Benson or Charles for 2010, and I do not believe either one will produce enough to justify being taken before round 4 or 5.

I am very high on McCoy in particular, and Greene as well, and I think these two represent substantial production for fantasy owners this year.

I am also a bit tepid on Grant, and suspect that he is either mired in RBBC or relegated to blocking on passing plays by mid-season, with one of the backups emerging as the running focus....

All JMHO, but I am always right.... :bandana:

RBBC for Grant? With who, Brandon Jackson? I don't see it.

As for McCoy and Benson, I really struggled with this one. I like McCoy's potential to break out at any moment, but I guess the talk of him losing GL touches may have scared me off. I don't know. I'm second guessing this one just a bit, but hopefully Benson can stay healthy and be a steady (if not flashy) producer for me week in and week out.

RBBC for Grant? With who, Brandon Jackson? I don't see it.

As for McCoy and Benson, I really struggled with this one. I like McCoy's potential to break out at any moment, but I guess the talk of him losing GL touches may have scared me off. I don't know. I'm second guessing this one just a bit, but hopefully Benson can stay healthy and be a steady (if not flashy) producer for me week in and week out.

Starks is already a better back than Grant (JMHO) and yes, Jackson is also going to emerge. I foresee a down year for Grant. :)

XXX wasn't an ultra proven player or goal line hawk. If the Saints wish to have a goalline back other than Pierre Thomas, they will find one. XXX's injury doesn't change my ranking of PT much. I still like him but given the choice i'll take the higher upside player in Charles.

:thumbsup:

Saints signed another back today. They seem hell bent on having 3 contributing backs and cutting into PT's fantasy opportunity.