Sign in to follow this  
scherber830

Who To Keep: Foster vs. Bush vs. Nicks

Okay so I can keep one of the following...

Michael Bush - Could be featured back on a improved Raider team. DMac is dinged and is more suited for spot duty.

Arian Foster - Tate put on IR, Slaton more suited for 3rd down plus fumbles every time.

Hakeen Nicks - Could push for the No. 1 WR spot in NY. Smith seems like more of a possession guy.

My question, which one do you keep (all for the same price)? Please give a few reasons why you would keep the one you choose!!

HELP!! I will definitely return the favor.

assuming you have up until a few days before the season to make this decision, a lot could change between now and then.

i would start by ruling out bush. if it looks like foster is a stone cold lock to carry the load as we approach the season i'd go with him, and if not i'd go with nicks. i have this sneaking feeling that slaton is going to end up being the man again in houston, so if i had a gun to my head today i'd probably keep nicks out of those 3.

Let me give my thoughts on all 3 players.

1. Hakeem Nicks. G-men will try to establish the run...if unsuccessful they will have to throw a ton. If you believe the Giants can go back to the power running of the past then I'd pass on Nicks. He is a great talent but the other two have better upside imo.

2. Arian Foster. Nice burst the other day. Clear cut starter and even though Slaton did look good out of the backfield Slaton will not get goal lines and will only see the field on 3rd down and the occasional breather for Foster. It's foster's job as long as he performs. He has the most upside on a great offense imo.

3. Michael Bush. I just don't trust the Raiders to do the right thing. Skates McFadden is a bust and Bush is clearly the better player for this league. But Al Davis is still alive and they are the Raiders. You'd see some gems out of him but I think it'll be inconsistent and you are dependant on Jason Campbell moving the offense when he just learned it and hasn't been historically able to move anything. I love Bush as a talent but don't trust the situation.

If it were me I'd take Foster unless you have a strong opinion on Nicks. I don't and see him as a WR2/3 with downside if the Gmen can do what they want.

First of all, thx for answering my Ben Tate question.

Your question - wow, great question. I really like both players a lot.

I would keep Foster over Nicks. Texans already lost Tate and Slaton had the neck problem last year. Worse case that means that Foster is in a time share w/ Slaton. I like those odds.

Nicks should still be there for you to grab in an early round whereas if you drop Foster now, someone who needs an RB will grab him. The WR pool is pretty deep so if you don't get Nicks back there are plenty of other comparable WRs that will be avail.

As for Bush, I still just don't trust the Raiders as long as Al is still around to screw things up. You can most likely grab him as well if you want him.

Hope this helps!

Let me give my thoughts on all 3 players.

1. Hakeem Nicks. G-men will try to establish the run...if unsuccessful they will have to throw a ton. If you believe the Giants can go back to the power running of the past then I'd pass on Nicks. He is a great talent but the other two have better upside imo.

2. Arian Foster. Nice burst the other day. Clear cut starter and even though Slaton did look good out of the backfield Slaton will not get goal lines and will only see the field on 3rd down and the occasional breather for Foster. It's foster's job as long as he performs. He has the most upside on a great offense imo.

3. Michael Bush. I just don't trust the Raiders to do the right thing. Skates McFadden is a bust and Bush is clearly the better player for this league. But Al Davis is still alive and they are the Raiders. You'd see some gems out of him but I think it'll be inconsistent and you are dependant on Jason Campbell moving the offense when he just learned it and hasn't been historically able to move anything. I love Bush as a talent but don't trust the situation.

If it were me I'd take Foster unless you have a strong opinion on Nicks. I don't and see him as a WR2/3 with downside if the Gmen can do what they want.

Nice post, and I agree. I can't get that excited by Nicks, for some reason. Steve Smith will get a lot of catches, and everyone seems to forget about Manningham. Nicks is a great young player, but I'm not sure of his fantasy stardom.

The stars are aligning for Foster. If he capitalizes on his opportunity, he could be this year's Ray Rice. Well, maybe not Ray Rice, but maybe Rashard Mendenhall.

I like Foster just because he is looking like the undisputed number 1. Bush has some upside as well. I like Nicks, but I just don't seem him being that productive unless Smith goes down.

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but I agree with just about everyone else... Foster is my obvious choice.

Michael Bush? no way! Never trust a Raider, especially an offensive player.

Hakeem Nicks has alot of potential, but he's a big play guy. So some games he'll have 3 catches for 150 yards and a TD. Other games, he'll have 1 catch for 15 yards. If you like volatility, be my guest.

As a Texan fan, I'm pretty confident Foster will be the starter in Week 1, and it will be his job to lose. I was a big time Slaton fan, but I'm starting to lose hope. Either his neck injury is worse than we all thought, or he lost some self-confidence. In the only pre-season game so far, Slaton was dancing too much in the backfield... and worse, he fumbled at the goal line!!! With an improved interior O-Line, Foster will be a nice fantasy player this season. A solid RB2.

One more for Foster. Although I like Nicks a lot better than most from the looks of it. I think the G men O is going to be very good and I like Nicks on this team. Smith is the possession guy as someone already mentioned. Nicks is going to be a nice WR3 option this year.