Sign in to follow this  
calliso5

Keyboard Shortcut to switch between copy/paste on/off?

Is there already, or can I create a keyboard shortcut to toggle the copy/paste option on and off (ctrl+shift+??? function like a macro shortcut)? Or can you put the option also in the "draft input" tab?

Thanks.

KC

You can't add a shortcut to a macro unless the password is turned off.

I just tried it, and you also can't copy and paste a form element from one tab to another and have it work properly, so that option is out too.

What are you copying and pasting you need to turn that option on and off so much?

I have figured out a way to get the information from the ESPN live online draft, but there needs to be a manual copy/paste from the spreadsheet that I have created into the "draft input" of the DB. I am having trouble switching between the spreadsheet that I created and the "setup" and the "draft input" tabs. If I only had to switch between workbooks it would take a step out and would cause less confusion since I'm trying to do all this in a short time period, along with evaluating my decision.

The other option I thought of is to create a formula that links the draft picks to the new workbook, but I'm assuming that probably wont work with the way the DB is setup, regardless if it was unlocked or not.

I'm emailing you the file that i have created and am trying to copy from, into the "draft input" tab.

Thanks.

KC

KC - try this idea and see if it works for you. After you open Draft Buddy, turn the copy/paste option on the setup tab to On. And just leave it on. Now you should be free to move back and forth copying/pasting, correct?

Only problem is things are not updating as you would expect them to. But that is okay, right, because you don't need constant updates. When you want to update the formulas, hit F9 to recalculate the whole file.

My only potential issue I can see with this is the Draft Player button may not copy the player to the current draft pick, unless you've just recalculated everything before hand, but from what you are saying I'm not even sure if you are using that. Like I said, give it a try to test it out. This could be easier than the shortcut you mentioned where you are still turning it on and off constantly.

KC - try this idea and see if it works for you. After you open Draft Buddy, turn the copy/paste option on the setup tab to On. And just leave it on. Now you should be free to move back and forth copying/pasting, correct?

Only problem is things are not updating as you would expect them to. But that is okay, right, because you don't need constant updates. When you want to update the formulas, hit F9 to recalculate the whole file.

My only potential issue I can see with this is the Draft Player button may not copy the player to the current draft pick, unless you've just recalculated everything before hand, but from what you are saying I'm not even sure if you are using that. Like I said, give it a try to test it out. This could be easier than the shortcut you mentioned where you are still turning it on and off constantly.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

KC