Sign in to follow this  
Lefman

Question with draft input, etc

Hi, I was hoping someone may know the answer to this one. I just got Office 10 and loaded up the Compiler/Buddy. One thing I can't figure out is when I have added all the names of the owners and teams and go to draft, the box above the Draft player/ undo last pick says #NA. Seems like it used to say the teams name thats picking. Also, when I do "draft" a player, it doesn't update the pick in the "by team" tab like it used to do. Lastly, every time I click a new tab, little green arrows run down the page. Weird, but was wondering if that's normal. Thanks for any help. Greg

Hey Greg. I think probably the team/owner names got screwed up on your draft input tab somewhere along the line. That can happen if say, they aren't set at first, you update Buddy, then set or change the team/owner names. It is not important, but what is important is how to fix it. That is pretty easy to do.

Go to the draft input tab and see the draft order option at the top? If it is on Serpentine then switch it to Straight. Then switch it back to Serpentine. (Or if you started on Straight do the opposite.)

Hit F9 and the names should be updated everywhere through Buddy. That do it?

Oh, and the green triangles are an annoying Microsoft thing where it is trying to tell you there might be an error. There isn't, but it thinks there might be. Try Office Button (upper-left circle thing) > Excel Options > Formulas. See the "error checking rules" at the bottom? Uncheck those. Bye-bye annoying green triangles.

Jeez, not only do I love using this program, the support is super fast--awesome!! Thanks Mike, you have fixed all the issues. Now I'm ready to mock draft before our draft next week. Thanks again for the quick response!! Greg

Hey Greg. I think probably the team/owner names got screwed up on your draft input tab somewhere along the line. That can happen if say, they aren't set at first, you update Buddy, then set or change the team/owner names. It is not important, but what is important is how to fix it. That is pretty easy to do.

Go to the draft input tab and see the draft order option at the top? If it is on Serpentine then switch it to Straight. Then switch it back to Serpentine. (Or if you started on Straight do the opposite.)

Hit F9 and the names should be updated everywhere through Buddy. That do it?

Oh, and the green triangles are an annoying Microsoft thing where it is trying to tell you there might be an error. There isn't, but it thinks there might be. Try Office Button (upper-left circle thing) > Excel Options > Formulas. See the "error checking rules" at the bottom? Uncheck those. Bye-bye annoying green triangles.