Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Anyone draft from 8 hole in non-PPR league yet?

Any of you guys drafted from 8 hole in non ppr yet? I have done countless mocks and my strategy is still up the air a little bit. :wall: My main question is when did you get a QB and who did you get? Cant reveal my entire strategy because couple guys who will be at draft tonight read this board. :ninja:

In mocks you can get Brady, Romo or Schaub in the 3rd to 4th round almost every time. That is not gonna happen in my league. I think im gonna target about 3 QBs to get from 8th on.

My first round pick is also a toss up right now. Its between Sjax and Moss i think.

got Turner in the 9th spot luckily. QBs went fast in my league. I'd tale the top6 RBs, then Brees/Rodgers, then AJ.

got Kolb in the 7th rd.

see sig for my results.

I have this spot and will be picking on Friday.

I will probably going with Moss in rnd 1 as I don't see AJ/Turner/Gore being there and I view Moss as a safer pick than the other backs out there.

It gets tough in the 2nd and I keep debating whether to take Rodgers/Brees if they are there or roll the dice with mendenhall or greene..

Im currently working on trading to a later pick in the 2nd to get an extra 3rd rounder

I have this spot and will be picking on Friday.

I will probably going with Moss in rnd 1 as I don't see AJ/Turner/Gore being there and I view Moss as a safer pick than the other backs out there.

It gets tough in the 2nd and I keep debating whether to take Rodgers/Brees if they are there or roll the dice with mendenhall or greene..

Im the about the same way. My wish list is either Turner or Gore but cant see either dropping to me unless for some crazy reason a couple QBs and AJ go in top 7 picks but dont see that happening either.

Im torn between Sjax and Moss. Yes Moss is a safer pick but Sjax is the only other elite back left at that spot in draft. Sure there maybe some other back that steps up and has huge year but right now i cant say anyone else is worth a picking 8th.

A wild card to pick would be Matthews :shocking:

The non-PPR wet dream at #8 is Shonn Greene. I also like Turner and D Williams. I would get a TD machine in the first, and go for the QB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Kolb is a solid top 10 QB IMO, and he is ADP of 60+. There are exactly 5 QB I like better, and 3-4 about as well. Jason Campbell was #13 last year with lousy WRs, an awful OL, and a system that required a lot of quick reads and touch passes. You can get hin 8-9 rounds in.

J

The non-PPR wet dream at #8 is Shonn Greene. I also like Turner and D Williams. I would get a TD machine in the first, and go for the QB in the 2nd or 3rd.

Kolb is a solid top 10 QB IMO, and he is ADP of 60+. There are exactly 5 QB I like better, and 3-4 about as well. Jason Campbell was #13 last year with lousy WRs, an awful OL, and a system that required a lot of quick reads and touch passes. You can get hin 8-9 rounds in.

J

I like Greene but in the 8th hole? I couldnt do that

I like Kolb, Flacco, McNabb, Palmer, Ryan, and Henne for round 7 or later QBs. :thumbsup:

I just did my yearly non-PPR redraft 12 teams 2RBs/3WRs/QB/TE/K/DST. I was drafting from the 8th hole. I got Ray Rice... I know, I know... I was more shocked than anyone. Guy at #4 didn't want Rice and took Gore instead. Guy at 5 wanted Turner instead of Rice. #6 Brees and #7 Rodgers.

My team looks like this:

QB - Brady (3)

RB - Rice (1)

RB - Charles (4)

WR - Wayne (2)

WR - Housh (5)

WR - Ward (7)

TE - Heath Miller

K - Who cares

DST - Steelers (12)

BN - Jon Stewart (6), Mike Williams, Meachem, Matt Ryan, Ricky Williams, McGahee, and Lance Moore

I'm in the same spot and face the same dilemma. My advice is to listen to your gut and ignore rankings. That said, there is no player I'm more confused, concerned and confounded by than Steven Jackson. Meaning his name will be the one staring me in the face at #8 on draft day. I'm hoping Gore or Turner falls and then I won't hesitate to take Mathews around the corner. I like the value at WR in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I'm planning to wait on a QB until the 7th or so, with Flacco and Kolb as targets.

I have not done my draft yet. After the top 6 rbs and Andre Johnson, I don't really trust anyone as my first pick. I do not like taking QBs early. I just hope someone at 6 or 7 take a QB. If not I am debating Mendenhall, Moss, or D. Williams. All of which I really don't want to take that high.

my draft starts at 4:15, it's ppr as you know and it's on antsports so the draft will end around opening day. :sleep:

normally i don't play in leagues with early drafts, but there is a 12 hour time limit between picks, so most of the drat won't happen till after the 3rd pre-season week

I just did my yearly non-PPR redraft 12 teams 2RBs/3WRs/QB/TE/K/DST. I was drafting from the 8th hole. I got Ray Rice... I know, I know... I was more shocked than anyone. Guy at #4 didn't want Rice and took Gore instead. Guy at 5 wanted Turner instead of Rice. #6 Brees and #7 Rodgers.

My team looks like this:

QB - Brady (3)

RB - Rice (1)

RB - Charles (4)

WR - Wayne (2)

WR - Housh (5)

WR - Ward (7)

TE - Heath Miller

K - Who cares

DST - Steelers (12)

BN - Jon Stewart (6), Mike Williams, Meachem, Matt Ryan, Ricky Williams, McGahee, and Lance Moore

I would give my left leg for this team from the 8 hole :shocking: Well maybe not but dammmmmmm that would be nice. Im going home to get set up for the draft :banana:

I would give my left leg for this team from the 8 hole :shocking: Well maybe not but dammmmmmm that would be nice. Im going home to get set up for the draft :banana:

Just finished a mock from the 8 hole.

8. Andre Johnson

13. Randy Moss

28. Steve Smith (CAR)

33. Jonathan Stewart

48. Jahvid Best

We can play 3 WRs and one back. Also got Bradshaw, Finley, Jets, Vikes, Flacco, etc.

Didn't plan to take three straight wides, but that's where the value was in each case, IMO. So this begs the question: is WR/WR a bad idea? I got the two best WRs in the NFL. Are my backs going to kill me?

10 Team NONPPR, Star 2RB,3WR/TE

From #8 spot:

Moss(it was between him and SJax just has you fear)

Greene

Calvin

SSmith(Car)

Bowe

Addai

Kolb

Foster

Bradshaw

Flacco

Mcluster

Evans

C.Taylor

Devin Thomas

SF D

Kicker

Well we just ended out draft. I had the 8th pick in 12 team non ppr and my team is freakin awful :doh: I hate Cedric Benson but felt he was best option left in 2nd round. Wanted D Williams but he went right before me. Then i screwed up and tried to wait to take Benard Scott but guy grabbed him right before me in 12th. If Arian Foster can play big ill be decent or Forsett. And Sjax went at #7 so i picked Moss over Andre Johnson. :unsure:

QB-Matt Ryan(8)

RB-Cedric Benson(2)

RB-Matt Forte(4)

WR-Randy Moss(1)

WR-Roddy White(3)

FLEX-Arian Foster(5)

TE-Jermichael Finley(6)

K-Goskowski(14)

DEF-didnt pick one have to get one off waivers. People started grabbing them for some odd reason

Bench-

QB-Alex Smith(15)

RB-Justin Forsett(7), Donald Brown(9), Steve Slaton(10), Kevin Smith(11), Sammy Morris(16)

WR-Braylon Edwards(12)

TE-Greg Olsen(13)