Sign in to follow this  
PSUJunny05

Team Defense = Kicker

My league has combined the kicker into the Team Defense that is drafted. Is there a way to customize this in the compiler? Thanks!

I bet we can work something out. What is the scoring for the position(s)?

I bet we can work something out. What is the scoring for the position(s)?

A screenshot from Compiler. Hopefully this works...basically it's normal Defense scoring + normal K scoring.

pts.jpg

Wow, that is a big negative for the missed FG and missed XP. Also note on the FG distance, I assume you don't get 6 total points for a FG under 30 yards. If that is true then you should only have the bonus points (difference) in the FG distance scoring table.

However, that may be moot if we're going to combine these things. What I was thinking was to somehow get the K projections over on the DEF tab lining up with the teams, perhaps in the custom fields. We could put FG in Custom 1, FG Miss in Custom 2 and (XP Made - (XP Miss * 3) in the Custom 3. As you can see I can't incorporate the FG Distance in the scoring because we're just out of room.

We'll need some VLOOKUP formulas to accomplish this. Then adjust the scoring for the K tab to zero, or just change the starters/backups at K to nil. Adjust the scoring for custom fields for DEF for the FG scoring, 3 points for FG Made, -3 for FG Miss and 1 for the XP.

How are you with VLOOKUP formulas? That is going to be the hardest part. Do you need some guidance on that?

Wow, that is a big negative for the missed FG and missed XP. Also note on the FG distance, I assume you don't get 6 total points for a FG under 30 yards. If that is true then you should only have the bonus points (difference) in the FG distance scoring table.

However, that may be moot if we're going to combine these things. What I was thinking was to somehow get the K projections over on the DEF tab lining up with the teams, perhaps in the custom fields. We could put FG in Custom 1, FG Miss in Custom 2 and (XP Made - (XP Miss * 3) in the Custom 3. As you can see I can't incorporate the FG Distance in the scoring because we're just out of room.

We'll need some VLOOKUP formulas to accomplish this. Then adjust the scoring for the K tab to zero, or just change the starters/backups at K to nil. Adjust the scoring for custom fields for DEF for the FG scoring, 3 points for FG Made, -3 for FG Miss and 1 for the XP.

How are you with VLOOKUP formulas? That is going to be the hardest part. Do you need some guidance on that?

Unfortunately, that's one of the negatives of this league. But I like your idea of the custom scoring for DEF. That way I can completely disregard Kicker (which is true of the draft) and on those rare occasions of 50+ FG's, I can simply remember to increase my (or opponents) scores accordingly. I will need help with the Excel data though; I consider myself somewhat of an Excel junkie, but I'm not extremely familiar with VLOOKUP. A simple example or the syntax explanation will suffice. Thanks for all your help!

Okay, I decided to go away from VLOOKUP and using SUMIF instead. Go to the DEF tab and in cell IF5, the cell for the first player under Custom 1, put this formula:

=SUMIF(K!C$5:C$53,C5,K!AC$5:AC$63)

Right beside under Custom 2, put this formula:

=SUMIF(K!C$5:C$53,C5,K!AD$5:AD$63)

And this one for the first player under Custom 3:

=SUMIF(K!C$5:C$53,C5,K!AF$5:AF$63)

Now copy those and paste them down for every defense. Now you've got FG Made, FG Miss and XP on the DEF tab in those columns.

As we talked about, now go to the setup tab and change K starters/backups to nil. Go to the scoring tab and for the DEF custom fields, change the scoring to 3 per 1 for Custom 1, -3 per 1 for Custom 2 and 1 per 1 for Custom 3.

Hit Compile Cheatsheets.

I've never heard of this rule before in any league, but I kind of like it.

Okay, I decided to go away from VLOOKUP and using SUMIF instead. Go to the DEF tab and in cell IF5, the cell for the first player under Custom 1, put this formula:

=SUMIF(K!C$5:C$53,C5,K!AC$5:AC$63)

Right beside under Custom 2, put this formula:

=SUMIF(K!C$5:C$53,C5,K!AD$5:AD$63)

And this one for the first player under Custom 3:

=SUMIF(K!C$5:C$53,C5,K!AF$5:AF$63)

Now copy those and paste them down for every defense. Now you've got FG Made, FG Miss and XP on the DEF tab in those columns.

As we talked about, now go to the setup tab and change K starters/backups to nil. Go to the scoring tab and for the DEF custom fields, change the scoring to 3 per 1 for Custom 1, -3 per 1 for Custom 2 and 1 per 1 for Custom 3.

Hit Compile Cheatsheets.

I've never heard of this rule before in any league, but I kind of like it.

Thank you. That was perfect. Thanks again for all of your help! I look forward to dominating two drafts on Sunday.