Sign in to follow this  
nbmlane

Projection Pal and the ®

Has something change with this symbol for rookies ® from prior years when using Projection Pal? Every year I have to update my incoming rookies in the RAW tab with the symbol to get the player matched on the CLEAN tab, which I did tonight. I have a special sheet within the Projection Pal to calculate how many players I have downloaded from a site vs how many players are actually matched in the CLEAN tab, so I can see how many players I have to update with the ®, MIN, RB, WR whatever extension that has to be added to the name. Tonight when I hit "Copy to Compiler", none of my rookies were updated. In fact projection pal was updated by changing the names on the CLEAN tab to NOT have the ® which then caused the players to not match the RAW tab. What gives?

Just to clarify for example Sam Bradford.

Sam Bradford's projections has his name imported in (RAW) with Sam Bradford. Projection Pal on the CLEAN tab has Sam Bradford ®. I modify the RAW data to have Sam Bradford ®, so everything is good. I hit "Copy to Compiler", The Compiler does not have any Sam Bradford information copied in, although his name is listed as Sam Bradford ® in the Compiler. In addition Projection Pal changes Sam Bradford's name on the CLEAN tab to Sam Bradford without the ®.

Hi nbmlane. I don't think I've changed how this works from last year, but here is how it is supposed to work after you hit Copy to Compiler going by memory...

1. Pal copies in the players from the Compiler position tab to the Pal Clean tab. Since it is coming from the Compiler, the ® is in there.

2. Pal removes the ® symbol from all players on the Clean tab. It does this because we don't expect the ® symbol from any data you might have copied in from another website.

3. The VLOOKUP formulas grab the data for the players from the Raw tab.

4. Pal copies the data from the Clean tab and puts it in the Compiler.

So, you don't need to put the ® symbol into your players on the Raw tabs. Pal is not expecting those to be there to start with. If you add them in, then they won't match since Pal removes them from the Clean tab.