Sign in to follow this  
discmonkey

Anyone seen this error message?

I just upgraded to Office 2010 and when I try to set up the draft buddy I get this error:

Run-time error '1004':

Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed

Everything ran perfectly with Office 2007. I made sure that macros were enabled in compiler and db and I even deleted my current season versions and re-downloaded cc/db to start from scratch. I also tried to set up db with the compiler open at the same time and got this error:

Run-time error '9':

Subscript out of range

I don't know if it matters but I'm running windows in VMware Fusion on a Mac. And now that I think about it, my version of Office 2010 was given to me by a friend of a friend so maybe that's the culprit. I don't know. Has anyone else encountered something like this? Thanks in advance!

What version of the Compiler do you have? 1.2 is the latest and has been up for a little time, but it just came to my attention we had the link to 1.1 up for the zip copy of Excel 2007/10 version for a little while at least yesterday.

I've got compiler 1.2 and db 1.1. The more I think about, the more convinced I am that I'm using a bad copy of Office 2010. Could that do it? Maybe I should re-install Office 2007 until after my drafts are over...