Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

What would you give up for a top 10 RB?

I'm trying to get the Spiller owner paranoid (as he should be) that he used a pretty high pick on a rookie. I have Fred Jackson, so I'm trying to sell him insurance.

Here's the thing though. The only player he has that I want is Turner. So I offered him Fred Jackson and Ginn Jr (league scores return yards) for Turner. I doubt he'll bite, but that's really about all I can afford to offer him now. I think Jackson and MSW for Turner is overpaying.

If I had turner and you offered me MSW and Fred Jackson I'd turn it down and yell at you. If you offered jackson and ginn i'd just laugh and wonder how i could screw you in a future trade.

If I had turner and you offered me MSW and Fred Jackson I'd turn it down and yell at you. If you offered jackson and ginn i'd just laugh and wonder how i could screw you in a future trade.

I figure, when in a negotiation, you start at the bottom price, the least you want to pay .... and you go up from there.

I don't feel like losing MSW is really worth the upgrade, so ... I'm not willing to offer that much .... yet.

I figure, when in a negotiation, you start at the bottom price, the least you want to pay .... and you go up from there.

I don't feel like losing MSW is really worth the upgrade, so ... I'm not willing to offer that much .... yet.

That offer would be an insult and not lead to any productive discussion in an actual trade negotiation

Fred Jacksons value will be higher once the season starts. Spillers value is at a all time high right now. If u want a top 10 RB from me you better come with a #2 RB & a #1 or 2 WR and Top TE/D or kicker :) 3 players if it's not a 2 for 1. But the 2 better be more then Fred J & Ted Ginn jr

Keep Fred Jsckson as the spiller owner will come calling once it's for real

How is a handcuff for an RB2 and a WR2 (at best) worth a top-10 RB? There's one thing for starting a "negotiation" at your bottom price, and another being insulting. He'll be giving up a top point performer for someone who only sees his lineup on an injury, and a WR that *might* be an upgrade to his WR3? Would YOU make that trade?

So I offered him Fred Jackson and Ginn Jr (league scores return yards) for Turner.

Good luck with that :wacko:

Ok what about: Fred Jackson and Felix Jones for Michael Turner and Kevin Walter?

This way I lose 2 RBs, but I upgrade there from Felix to Turner, he gets his CJ insurance and I get an extra WR.

I'm trying to get the Spiller owner paranoid (as he should be) that he used a pretty high pick on a rookie. I have Fred Jackson, so I'm trying to sell him insurance.

Here's the thing though. The only player he has that I want is Turner. So I offered him Fred Jackson and Ginn Jr (league scores return yards) for Turner. I doubt he'll bite, but that's really about all I can afford to offer him now. I think Jackson and MSW for Turner is overpaying.

HAHAHA!!!

I thought you were serious at first........

that is really funny

Trades aren't the sum of their parts. You haven't even come close to replacing possibly his top point performer. He's supposed to start Felix instead of Turner? Just for the benefit of having a handcuff for his RB2? Seriously?

How is a handcuff for an RB2 and a WR2 (at best) worth a top-10 RB? There's one thing for starting a "negotiation" at your bottom price, and another being insulting. He'll be giving up a top point performer for someone who only sees his lineup on an injury, and a WR that *might* be an upgrade to his WR3? Would YOU make that trade?

Absolutley not. Only an idiot would make that trade. But, he might be an idiot. I don't know. Last year I made a blockbuster trade for Gore when he got hurt it was like, Hasselbeck and some other loser for Gore. You never know.

Trades aren't the sum of their parts. You haven't even come close to replacing possibly his top point performer. He's supposed to start Felix instead of Turner? Just for the benefit of having a handcuff for his RB2? Seriously?

Team is in my sig. It's not that I want Turner (I do, but I really just want to upgrade my RBs) it's that I think I can sell him Jackson.

Absolutley not. Only an idiot would make that trade. But, he might be an idiot. I don't know. Last year I made a blockbuster trade for Gore when he got hurt it was like, Hasselbeck and some other loser for Gore. You never know.

So why bother asking us our opinions on an admittedly moronic offer?

Ok what about: Fred Jackson and Felix Jones for Michael Turner and Kevin Walter?

This way I lose 2 RBs, but I upgrade there from Felix to Turner, he gets his CJ insurance and I get an extra WR.

I've learned two things from this thread:

1. You have no idea how a negotiation works in the real world.

2. Your current team stinks.

3. You have wasted 11 years of your life.

Feel free to keep adding...

My RBs suck, I agree. That's why I am trying to figure out a trade. DUH! Also, in my scoring system, Cribbs is projected to outscore Fitz so ... you gotta look at it through the glasses of the scoring system, it's not a bad team.

That offer would be an insult and not lead to any productive discussion in an actual trade negotiation

i agree completely. offers like that i don't even respond to, and am less likely to trade with the guy in the future. it just wastes my time to deal with that kind of person.

to the OP, if you want to deal with any kind of decent trader, your opening offer has to be such that it actually improves his team. no "but he's got upside" or anything like that--you have to show how his point total is going to increase or his risk is going to decrease. period.

without seeing the rosters, jackson and MSW is significantly underpaying, and jackson and jones wouldn't be a serious offer at all. sure, felix might blow up, but turner is far more valuable because he's a proven commodity in a great situation. even if nostradamus told me that jones would get 1500/12, i'd still be trying to get more out of you, because a solid RB1 is worth more than 2 guys in unclear RBBC situations. you WANT to get rid of felix in exchange for a sure thing. so why would i WANT to give up a sure thing in exchange for two guys in unclear situations?

look at the draft weights, for the love of god. since when do two middle round picks equal a 1st round pick?

so to answer your question directly, it would take a MINIMUM of a 2nd and 4th pick, and probably a 2nd and 3rd.

i agree completely. offers like that i don't even respond to, and am less likely to trade with the guy in the future. it just wastes my time to deal with that kind of person.

to the OP, if you want to deal with any kind of decent trader, your opening offer has to be such that it actually improves his team. no "but he's got upside" or anything like that--you have to show how his point total is going to increase or his risk is going to decrease. period.

without seeing the rosters, jackson and MSW is significantly underpaying, and jackson and jones wouldn't be a serious offer at all. sure, felix might blow up, but turner is far more valuable because he's a proven commodity in a great situation. even if nostradamus told me that jones would get 1500/12, i'd still be trying to get more out of you, because a solid RB1 is worth more than 2 guys in unclear RBBC situations. you WANT to get rid of felix in exchange for a sure thing. so why would i WANT to give up a sure thing in exchange for two guys in unclear situations?

look at the draft weights, for the love of god. since when do two middle round picks equal a 1st round pick?

so to answer your question directly, it would take a MINIMUM of a 2nd and 4th pick, and probably a 2nd and 3rd.

I don't think you guys get it. I don't expect the player to accept this trade, as a matter of fact he already rejected it. But this is not some random group of internet jerks, these are all people who know each other in real life. He's not gonna get pissed. His team needs more work than mine, and if Spiller has a tough first couple weeks (better yet, Turner does) ... he might start thinking "Hmmm .... that guy wanted to trade me Fred Jackson, and maybe that's a good idea."

I responded to his rejection: "I totally don't blame you. That trade will not help you win now, it's just all I can offer now. We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks, and then maybe we'll have a better idea about value here."

ok, i seriously can't get this out of my head, so i'm going to respond to you the way i respond to any trade offer. my first email back always says the same thing:

"sell it to me".

whenever you are the one proposing the trade, you have to give the sales pitch. so figure out what you think would be a good offer for turner, and tell us how it helps this guy's team.

sell it to us.

and for anyone else, look at the roster in his sig and post what it would take for you to give up turner.

It's people like the OP with their crap moronic offers that make trading near impossible for non-joke players.

Yea...HE'S the idiot........

Perhaps you should wait for Turner to get injured again this year, then try your trade.

ok, i seriously can't get this out of my head, so i'm going to respond to you the way i respond to any trade offer. my first email back always says the same thing:

"sell it to me".

whenever you are the one proposing the trade, you have to give the sales pitch. so figure out what you think would be a good offer for turner, and tell us how it helps this guy's team.

Ok, again, it's not Turner I am targeting here. It's the fact that this guy might overpay for Fred Jackson, who is on my bench right now. So, Jackson has to be part of the trade or it's pointless.

Let's say I offered him Jackson and Felix Jones. So he drops from Turner to Felix in that RB spot to have insurance on his ROOKIE starting RB, CJ Spiller. Obviously the Ginn trade doesn't work, but in a return yards league, he's gonna have a big game and I will trade him away for a much higher round player later. So it doesn't really help me either, to upgrade from Felix to Turner. Particularly if Felix is part of the trade.

This trade is not doable now .... but 2 weeks from now, when he is 0-2, things could be totally different. I just want him thinking about it.

The idea doesn't even make sense. You insure a 5th-6th round pick with an 8th round pick, who you get by giving up a 1st round pick? How on earth is MSW and Fred Jackson--5th and 8th round picks, maybe?--overpaying for a guy who's averaged 100 yards and a TD in every start with Atlanta?

I'll go with the groupthink here and say that the only thing this guy's going to be thinking about is how odd it is that buddy #4 keeps hawking Fred Jackson.

Ok, again, it's not Turner I am targeting here. It's the fact that this guy might overpay for Fred Jackson, who is on my bench right now. So, Jackson has to be part of the trade or it's pointless.

Let's say I offered him Jackson and Felix Jones. So he drops from Turner to Felix in that RB spot to have insurance on his ROOKIE starting RB, CJ Spiller. Obviously the Ginn trade doesn't work, but in a return yards league, he's gonna have a big game and I will trade him away for a much higher round player later. So it doesn't really help me either, to upgrade from Felix to Turner. Particularly if Felix is part of the trade.

This trade is not doable now .... but 2 weeks from now, when he is 0-2, things could be totally different. I just want him thinking about it.

It's not going to work, stop over-justifying it in your mind. The trade is lopsided, based around a player possibile getting hurt, and assumes that you (or your competitor) would actually want the backup RB on a very bad football team IF that starter even gets hurt.

You want a top 10 value you have to offer top 10 value, not a couple of flex picks.

It's not going to work, stop over-justifying it in your mind. The trade is lopsided, based around a player possibile getting hurt, and assumes that you (or your competitor) would actually want the backup RB on a very bad football team IF that starter even gets hurt.

You want a top 10 value you have to offer top 10 value, not a couple of flex picks.

You could make a very complex trade. I could offer up Carson Palmer, MSW, Felix Jones AND Fred Jackson right now for Turner and guys on his team I would waive, and he would still say no.

It's very simple, I WANT HIM TO KNOW WHO OWNS SPILLER'S HANDCUFF!

That's all I am trying to achieve right now with my trade offer. Period.

My crystal ball isn't working right now, but in 2 weeks, he might want Jackson.

:doublethumbsup:

We need to make some more of those

There was a really good one, I think it was called "Giants Fan - A Total Bad-Ass"

There was a really good one, I think it was called "Giants Fan - A Total Bad-Ass"

With the small text under it reading :

He got his ass kicked from a couple of queers from Hoboken

I have never seen that one. Got a link??? I do know one thing though, even though I have never seen that video, I know it is better than ANY of these muggings you have been offering this guy. Might want to be careful. You said this was a friend. You may lose him as friend if you keep up these ridiculous trade offers.

I have never seen that one. Got a link??? I do know one thing though, even though I have never seen that video, I know it is better than ANY of these muggings you have been offering this guy. Might want to be careful. You said this was a friend. You may lose him as friend if you keep up these ridiculous trade offers.

Someone here made it. The Giants Fan "actor" was a clown, I remember. Poignant.

He's friends with a friend of mine. Look, I only offered him the one trade, he declined it ... I responded "I totally understand, let's revisit a trade for Jackson in a couple weeks when everything is clearer."

If he's pissed off about that .... I'm the jerk?

Yeah, not in my world.

You guys must have a bunch of a-hole friends if they'd actually get mad at you for offering a lopsided trade offer.

Team is in my sig. It's not that I want Turner (I do, but I really just want to upgrade my RBs) it's that I think I can sell him Jackson.

Your offer doesn't make sense at all. Who is F Jackson? He probably drafted Turner in the 1st round, why whould he trade a top 5 RB for a backup RB and a backup WR??? If I am you, I will package Colston and Shiancoe for Turner, or trade Moss for Turner and hope he will accept. You really need help in RB.

Your offer doesn't make sense at all. Who is F Jackson? He probably drafted Turner in the 1st round, why whould he trade a top 5 RB for a backup RB and a backup WR??? If I am you, I will package Colston and Shiancoe for Turner, or trade Moss for Turner and hope he will accept. You really need help in RB.

It's usually pretty hard to find a decent RB at 3.11, but I am a big believer in VBD (Value Based Draft strategy). Also, we didn't find out our draft position until right before the draft. Was hoping for a middle spot instead of 11th.

Went WR/QB/RB/WR based on the scoring system (5 point passing TDs). Got Moss at 1.11, Rogers at 2.2, Charles at 3.11, Colston at 4.2. If DeSean Jackson had been there in the third round, I would have waited until the 4th round to draft a RB. Stud RBs are easier to find, out of nowhere each year, than stud WRs, IMO.

AND I STOLE all the kick returners, (McCluster in the 15th) in a league that gives them a pretty liberal bonus for returns. The only one I missed, that I wanted was DeSean Jackson.

Hey .... maybe the DeSean Jackson owner will trade for Cribbs! Didn't he hurt his neck?

:cheers:

P.S. Who is Fred Jackson? Leading RB for BUF last year. Over 1000 yards.

And furthermore, I think Brees and Manning were both gone when I took Rogers in the second round. I wasn't planning on drafting a QB there, but I had to.

It's something I read a long time ago as it pertains to fantasy, and something I hold true to be the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of any and all trades.

Whether you are initiating the trade, or whether you are accepting the trade, you're team MUST receive the BEST player in the deal.

Clearly, this is subjective to each team. But the point is that each owner should feel that they have received the best player in the deal.

In any and all of the proposals you have suggested, your team clearly receives the best player of the deal. For your team and for his there is no debate. Michael Turner is the best player involved in any of the proposals. That's not a good way of trading, and if anything it's going to lessen the chances of doing business with him in the future. If you're going to propose a trade, do it from the beginning and cut the #$^@. Appeal to a need of his/hers and make a good solid offer that benefits you, and benefits them.

It's something I read a long time ago as it pertains to fantasy, and something I hold true to be the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of any and all trades.

Whether you are initiating the trade, or whether you are accepting the trade, you're team MUST receive the BEST player in the deal.

Clearly, this is subjective to each team. But the point is that each owner should feel that they have received the best player in the deal.

In any and all of the proposals you have suggested, your team clearly receives the best player of the deal. For your team and for his there is no debate. Michael Turner is the best player involved in any of the proposals. That's not a good way of trading, and if anything it's going to lessen the chances of doing business with him in the future. If you're going to propose a trade, do it from the beginning and cut the #$^@. Appeal to a need of his/hers and make a good solid offer that benefits you, and benefits them.

Totally agree, but I don't think I am burning any bridges. I think a deal can be made, even possibly for Spiller instead of Turner, but I'd rather have Turner.

It's very simple, I WANT HIM TO KNOW WHO OWNS SPILLER'S HANDCUFF!

That's all I am trying to achieve right now with my trade offer. Period.

My crystal ball isn't working right now, but in 2 weeks, he might want Jackson.

now this is a legitimate desire, but i think your offer was counterproductive. were i in his shoes, and you dropped me an informal email saying "hey, i have jackson, lemme know if you want to deal", then i'd be far, far more likely to come to you with an offer. this would have...

1. implied that you have the leverage in the deal--you have what he wants, not the other way around.

2. forced him to come to you with the offer, which gives you a much better position from which to negotiate.

3. set you up as a friendly helper-type guy (without trying too hard), rather than a big meanie who was trying to "steal" one of his guys for a pittance. a lowball offer can make a guy want to say no, and you never want to increase that chance.

good luck in further deals.

It's usually pretty hard to find a decent RB at 3.11, but I am a big believer in VBD (Value Based Draft strategy). Also, we didn't find out our draft position until right before the draft. Was hoping for a middle spot instead of 11th.

Went WR/QB/RB/WR based on the scoring system (5 point passing TDs). Got Moss at 1.11, Rogers at 2.2, Charles at 3.11, Colston at 4.2. If DeSean Jackson had been there in the third round, I would have waited until the 4th round to draft a RB. Stud RBs are easier to find, out of nowhere each year, than stud WRs, IMO.

AND I STOLE all the kick returners, (McCluster in the 15th) in a league that gives them a pretty liberal bonus for returns. The only one I missed, that I wanted was DeSean Jackson.

Hey .... maybe the DeSean Jackson owner will trade for Cribbs! Didn't he hurt his neck?

:cheers:

P.S. Who is Fred Jackson? Leading RB for BUF last year. Over 1000 yards.

You did pretty good for the first 4 rounds. But I don't feel comfortable with F. Jones as my 2nd RB. He is my 4th RB in a 12 team PPR league. (Behind MJD, J Stewart, Reggie Bush). I was not joking, try to package your WR and TE for a RB deal. You are in serious trouble if Charles does not work out.