Sign in to follow this  
G-in O-town

Can other owners not at draft view what is going on?

Is there a program that will enable others not attending our draft to watch real time draft via their computer using draft buddy? I'm going to input picks thru Draft Buddy and would like the offsite owners to see what's going on.

Hi G. Since Draft Buddy just runs on your computer, others cannot see it. It isn't connected to the Internet or anything like that, like an online league management system would be. Do you really want other owners to see your rankings anyway?

Does your league use an online league management system (CBS, ESPN, myfantasyleague.com)? If so, then those of you at the live draft could input the picks on one computer, and then people elsewhere could view them. Would that work? No integration with Draft Buddy though, as it is just tailored for an owner, not the league.

Hi G. Since Draft Buddy just runs on your computer, others cannot see it. It isn't connected to the Internet or anything like that, like an online league management system would be. Do you really want other owners to see your rankings anyway?

Does your league use an online league management system (CBS, ESPN, myfantasyleague.com)? If so, then those of you at the live draft could input the picks on one computer, and then people elsewhere could view them. Would that work? No integration with Draft Buddy though, as it is just tailored for an owner, not the league.

Thanks mIKE.

We are using MFL, but being a novice I tried going into the commissioner setup and have gotten totally lost on how to do this. We have 3 owners that will be available via computer and we have a conference call line open to them.

Your right on letting them see my DB I'd prefer not. Is there another online live draft board we could use that won't give away the players or any help on the MFL live draft setup.

I think I would do it this way... do you have an extra computer hanging around, and better yet an extra person? Set the computer up in the room where you are doing the draft in a somewhat central location. Log that computer on as the commish. Turn the commissioner abilities on so you have full power/abilities to do anything.

As each pick comes up, the person who made the pick goes to the computer to input their pick. No need to login and out, since it is logged in as commish and they can do anything for any team. This is where an extra body - one person - who could do this would help, but I'm trying to save you from having to enter all the picks in MFL and Draft Buddy.

Then when the conference guys make a pick, the next live person up inputs the conference pick first. Also the conference guys can refresh the draft report periodically to see what the latest picks were.

I'm not sure if it would be advantageous or not to be in the live draft module. I would suggest it isn't necessary, as I'm not sure if there is a timer that would disrupt things, and if the commish can make picks at will from the live draft module.