Sign in to follow this  
stagee

J. Best

The Bears are the new Lions. Start everyone against them.

And yes, I'm playing Best ahead of Greene (v. BAL)

yes. starting him at flex over lesean mccoy, johnny knox, pat summerall, socrates, hamburglar, 9 blind mathematicians, L. ron hubbard, sterling archer (even though he's totally ninja), the triffid nebula, applesauce, captain morgan, jose cuervo, 3 wise men, some disney princess or other, val kilmer now that he's gotten fat, the stick figures from xkcd.com, the hadron supercollider, leeloo dallas, sir galahad, tigger, 7 bow ties, the 9/11 commission report, steven colbert, the environment, and the sound of one hand clapping.

hope this helps.

start Best every week. have you seen him run? i'd bet my left nut he will be ROY. easily the best RB in the class.

I'm starting Best over McCoy. I don't believe the Bears defense is as good as advertised & this game could be a high scoring affair. Plus factor in that Cutler will probably turn the ball over a minimum of 2 times, possibly giving the Lions a short field to work w/ at some point.

I am seriously considering it. I too think the Bears D won't be that good. The Lions D should be improved and Bears O will be turnover prone leading to more opportunities.

yes. starting him at flex over lesean mccoy, johnny knox, pat summerall, socrates, hamburglar, 9 blind mathematicians, L. ron hubbard, sterling archer (even though he's totally ninja), the triffid nebula, applesauce, captain morgan, jose cuervo, 3 wise men, some disney princess or other, val kilmer now that he's gotten fat, the stick figures from xkcd.com, the hadron supercollider, leeloo dallas, sir galahad, tigger, 7 bow ties, the 9/11 commission report, steven colbert, the environment, and the sound of one hand clapping.

hope this helps.

if i'm reading this correctly you assert that val kilmer would start over best if he was in, say, tombstone shape.

too bad he's fat.

best is my huckleberry.

I drafted Best as an Rb2/Flex play and you can best best be sure I'm playing him week one against the bears.

Bears-Lions is going to be must start all this season.

If I had a ton of depth at RB in the league I own him maybe I'd wait and see but I think he'd make my top 20 projections.

if i'm reading this correctly you assert that val kilmer would start over best if he was in, say, tombstone shape.

i suspect that the tuberculosis might have interfered with his conditioning.

definitely mad martigan, though.

Sitting him for A Bradshaw. I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Interesting, I am starting him over Bradshaw in my flex, with Greene and Charles. Considering benching Greene..

Why sit him? He's almost a lock to be a feature back. Just curious why you've decided to bench him.

Interesting, I am starting him over Bradshaw in my flex, with Greene and Charles. Considering benching Greene..

Why sit him? He's almost a lock to be a feature back. Just curious why you've decided to bench him.

Because I'm taking a wait and see approach on Best. He's a lot of hype right now.

Because Bradshaw is also quite talented and could run wild on a rush D that was pretty horrible last year.

Because NY is home and looking for revenge from last year's thumping by Carolina.

Because Chicago isn't that bad up front....Julius Peppers is going to terrorize Stafford and Company. It's their secondary which has questions.

Because it's no lock that Best will get the ball at the goal line.

I may be wrong of course about this weekend, but maybe I believe more in Bradshaw than most do. He's proven he can be a gamebreaker when healthy and he's on a pretty decent, balanced offense. Best is almost all hype and preseason highlights so far....and he plays for a team which has been absolutely awful for years. I believe it's very fair and logical to take a wait and see approach on Best.

I am leaning Best over a. foster right now. I saw the bears game last year and before stafford got hurt I think they put up almost 30 points.

I was able to get him as a RB3 in 2 leagues and I am rolling with him in both. Next year we could be looking at Best as a late 1st round pick.

Am I crazy? I'm starting him over Mendenhall...I think. I keep going back and forth on this. In the last 2 days, the Steelers have named Redman the goal line back and Tomlin said how they want to monitor Mendenhall's carries. Plus, they don't have Big Ben obviously for the next four games.

Start him with confidence this week.

120 yds rushing 1 rush TD 5 receptions 45 yards maybe a receiving TD.

What made you come to this projection....other than the fact that he's on your roster of course.

sitting him for Turner(at Pit) & Foster(Ind)

can't sit Turner any week

I have the same choices... going with Turner and Best. PPR the difference for me.

Because I'm taking a wait and see approach on Best. He's a lot of hype right now.

Because Bradshaw is also quite talented and could run wild on a rush D that was pretty horrible last year.

Because NY is home and looking for revenge from last year's thumping by Carolina.

Because Chicago isn't that bad up front....Julius Peppers is going to terrorize Stafford and Company. It's their secondary which has questions.

I may be wrong of course about this weekend, but maybe I believe more in Bradshaw than most do. He's proven he can be a gamebreaker when healthy and he's on a pretty decent, balanced offense. Best is almost all hype and preseason highlights so far....and he plays for a team which has been absolutely awful for years. I believe it's very fair and logical to take a wait and see approach on Best.

good thing, then, best often lines up in the slot or splits wide and figures prominently in the passing game.

bradshaw is an rbbc situation...best isn't. on top of that, best will get fed the ball (either on the ground or through the air) no matter what the score.

can you say the same about bradshaw?

i'm not so sure you actually WANT best to be good. that seems to be what's going on here.

I think and hope he does well this and every week he plays. I'm starting him along with Bradshaw. I got Spiller but, I'd like to see how the other RB's on that team work with him. I also have Moreno. but he has an iffi hammy that is supposed to be good now. But I'll wait and see.

good thing, then, best often lines up in the slot or splits wide and figures prominently in the passing game.

bradshaw is an rbbc situation...best isn't. on top of that, best will get fed the ball (either on the ground or through the air) no matter what the score.

can you say the same about bradshaw?

i'm not so sure you actually WANT best to be good. that seems to be what's going on here.

WTF? Um, yeah, I want Best to be good. I want him to be better than Chris Johnson. I'm just hesitant for many reasons and am waiting to see how things shake out in the 1st week. The history of the Lions, their OL, and their RB's since Barry is spotty at best. I'm going to wait and see.....and there's no promise that Best will get the ball at the goal line.

I like Bradshaw's opponent better than Best's, I like the fact that NY is playing at home in their new stadium, I feel more comfortable right now with Bradshaw and the NYG offense. But I hope Best makes me look like a genius for picking him.

You seem insecure to me.....settle down. How did you jump to the conclusion that I don't want Best to be good just because I'm apprehensive about the situation?

What made you come to this projection....other than the fact that he's on your roster of course.

He's ON my roster because I'm confident he can put up these kinds of numbers versus mediocre teams.

WTF? Um, yeah, I want Best to be good. I want him to be better than Chris Johnson. I'm just hesitant for many reasons and am waiting to see how things shake out in the 1st week. The history of the Lions, their OL, and their RB's since Barry is spotty at best. I'm going to wait and see.....and there's no promise that Best will get the ball at the goal line.

I like Bradshaw's opponent better than Best's, I like the fact that NY is playing at home in their new stadium, I feel more comfortable right now with Bradshaw and the NYG offense. But I hope Best makes me look like a genius for picking him.

You seem insecure to me.....settle down. How did you jump to the conclusion that I don't want Best to be good just because I'm apprehensive about the situation?

I am also starting Bradshaw over Best as my flex this week. For the same reasons that you pointed out.

I am also starting Bradshaw over Best as my flex this week. For the same reasons that you pointed out.

I am in a quandry myself. I have Mathews, Best and Ronnie Brown. So far, I have Best sitting, and am playing Mathews and Brown.

Should I be doing something different? :unsure:

I have to start either Best or Michael Turner in one league and either Best or Deangelo Williams in another league. Right now Best is on the bench

what do you like better about Bradshaws opponent? I don't see the Panthers being any easier to run on than the Bears. The loss of Peppers has a much greater effect on the pass rush than the run defense and i think even their pass rush will still be ok.

thats all im questioning. I don't own Bradshaw in any leagues but i like him as well. Just wondering why you think his matchup is easier.

just to point a few things out. Peppers is not really a run stuffer. His ability to generate a pass rush actually helps the chicago secondary more so than its run defense.

and the ironic thing is that the poor Panthers run defense from 2009 (which you cite) featured none other than Julius Peppers.....

(again, im just chatting. not downing on starting Bradshaw)