Sign in to follow this  
Tacks

Who are you starting over Randy Moss?

This is not a Who Do I Start post. Just wondering who everyone is starting over Moss.

no one, start Moss! Brady is as competitive as they come and he will get the ball to moss. He will get his opportunities.

Revis may have gotten the best of him the last couple of games but that is a trend that is not likely to continue, Moss has talent and

heart (many disagree with the latter), he is aware of all the chatter. The pats are a passing team and I like moss, solo coverage, verse anyone including revis.

NO ONE :shocking: :headbanger:

He will be in my lineup like he should be in everyone's lineup. If he gets me 4 pts or 24 pts he will be in my lineup. :banana:

If you drafted Moss, then that means you got him at the end of the first or somewhere in the second round of most drafts. I wouldn't sit a player you drafted that high, on a great offense, due to Revis. UNLESS you have a really great option. For instance I own these three WR's in one league. And these three RB's. I have to pick 1-2 RB's and 2-3 WR's. Four guys total. I just may sit Randy for either Nicks or Ahmad Bradshaw. Still have not made up my mind.

R.Moss

R.Wayne

H.Nicks

J.Charles

L.McCoy

A.Bradshaw

So what I'm saying is that I would only sit Moss if you have great option otherwise.

Never :bench: your studs

:thumbsup:

I agree with everyone here. Moss = Stud, never sit your studs. I'm kind of pissed that the guy who has Moss in my league is sitting him and he's playing my buddy who ended up in my division. Who did he sit him for? Mike Williams... no not the one from Tampa Bay, the one from Seattle!!!! Meat Head!

I just benched Stephen Davis....:bandana:

At the risk of turning this into a sit / start thread, I'm considering Garcon over Moss. Garcon is on SNF at home vs the NYG. I also have AJ as my other WR.

At the risk of turning this into a sit / start thread, I'm considering Garcon over Moss. Garcon is on SNF at home vs the NYG. I also have AJ as my other WR.

I am tepid on that idea, I think I would personally go with Moss.

JMHO - Moss will be out to make a point this week.....;)

Garcon over Moss??? No way in hell

Revis didn't seem to have affected Anquan Boldin's stats last week. Start Randy.

Revis covered Mason almost exclusively.

Revis didn't seem to have affected Anquan Boldin's stats last week. Start Randy.

Revis did not matchup vs Boldin all game. Revis just played the left side of the field and took who ever lined up with him.

from CBS:

Analysis: Boldin had quite a Baltimore debut, posting his 18th career 100-yard game. Luckily, he spent most of the night covered by Antonio Cromartie and rookie Kyle Wilson, and not Darrelle Revis. Still, even if he was covered by Revis, Boldin would have put up a good fight. Boldin was making spectacular catches in Week 1 and is developing good rapport with QB Joe Flacco. The Bengals allowed Patriots receivers to total 17 catches for 159 yards and two touchdowns in Week 1, so we like Boldin as a low-end No. 1/high-end No. 2 Fantasy WR for Week 2.

Never bench your studs. The Pats are going to throw A TON this week. Moss will post ok numbers....maybe get lucky on a long TD

Lets see Revis shut down Moss this week, and White next week, by exclusively covering them both, before making anyone an automatic no-start vs. the Jets this year. As someone already pointed out, he covered one side, and got Mason most of the time. Only problem I see is the Patriots lack of depth at WR, which could make it easier for the Jets to glue him on Moss.

Revis didn't stick to 1 WR last week. They had him stick to 1 side of the field, mostly due to missing preseason and training camp. The Ravens usually lined Boldin up on the other side.

Im not saying to start or sit Moss this week. Personally, I will probably sit him in the 1 league where I own him. Anyone who drafted Moss did so knowing he plays on Revis Island twice per season. Unless you were hoping #24 would sit the whole year.

The thing is, Revis shut down every big name WR he faced last year. He missed TC and preseason and its only week 2 so i understand thinking maybe he won't be quite as good until he gets more work in.

But as far as Randy's motivation, there was alot of banter between these two last year and Revis got the best of Randy. If Randy wasn't motivated by the trash talking, why would his contract motivation be any difference this time around?

Would I start Jordan Shipley over him? Hell no. But I might start Malcom Floyd or Mike Williams (TB) over Moss this week as both are talented with good matchups.

I'm definitely starting Moss in my 3WR league, but in my flex league, I'm picking two of Moss, Owens, and Tampa Mike. My brain says sit, my gut says "it only takes one play!" Given the formations last week and the prominence of the young tight ends inside the 10, I'm not sure Moss is as likely to get a day-saving TD as he was last year.

My options are Crabtree, Jacoby Jones and Collie - not horrible options, but I'm not sitting my 2nd round pick in week 2! I may start one of those guys at Flex this week anyway with my horrible RB matchups - Benson vs BAL and Brown @ MIN.

As an extension of the "never bench your studs" philosophy, I think it basically comes down to a very simple decision-making process:

What will upset you more? Rolling with your 1st/2nd round stud Wr in week 2 over pretty much anyone else that you might start over him and seeing him put up a poor/mediocre effort...OR, starting a mediocre Wr that was drafted in the 6-9 range, having Randy go on to put up a big day while Joe Sandwich produces a game while in your starting lineup commensurate to his draft position two weeks ago?

I can live with myself for starting Randy when he has a down week---not sure I can stomach myself if I bench him in favor of the week 2 "flavor of the week" and then watch as Moss blows up...

Joe Sandwich

i would start Joe Sandwich every focking week. what an awesome name

i would start Joe Sandwich every focking week. what an awesome name

He might still be on your waiver wire---he is an up and comer :thumbsup:

As an extension of the "never bench your studs" philosophy, I think it basically comes down to a very simple decision-making process:

What will upset you more? Rolling with your 1st/2nd round stud Wr in week 2 over pretty much anyone else that you might start over him and seeing him put up a poor/mediocre effort...OR, starting a mediocre Wr that was drafted in the 6-9 range, having Randy go on to put up a big day while Joe Sandwich produces a game while in your starting lineup commensurate to his draft position two weeks ago?

I can live with myself for starting Randy when he has a down week---not sure I can stomach myself if I bench him in favor of the week 2 "flavor of the week" and then watch as Moss blows up...

Well put. Randy it is!

Never bench stephen davis

besides that

Revis got his money

Moss didn't get his money

Brady supports Moss

Moss is to prove himself

Moss >> Revis this week

Never bench stephen davis

besides that

Revis got his money

Moss didn't get his money

Brady supports Moss

Moss is to prove himself

Moss >> Revis this week

This makes sense. I've been wavering on whether to play Moss all week. I think I'll start him now.

Revis sat out the whole preseason. What have we learned about RB's and WR's in this scenario over the years? Same goes for a DB who depends on instincts, quickness, and healthiness at the start of the regular season. Give me a healthy Moss over a rusty great DB any day.

HAMMY? HAMMY? What is this?

I hope Moss wears your azzs out Revis Island.

Like I said in a previous post...I didn't draft Randy Moss to ever, I mean ever, put him on the bench

CB Darrelle Revis was limited at practice on Thursday with a hamstring injury. "I'm not overly concerned right now," said coach Rex Ryan "But any time it's a hamstring, you get a little nervous."

What if you have two other studs? I have Moss, D. Jackson, and Ochocinco in one league.

What if you have two other studs? I have Moss, D. Jackson, and Ochocinco in one league.

I didn't know Djax was a stud?

one good year from a fast mini me doens't have me sold Santa Moss. How did he do last week? I don't trust WR's under the 6'0" mark for consistency.

one good year from a fast mini me doens't have me sold Santa Moss. How did he do last week? I don't trust WR's under the 6'0" mark for consistency.

So then by that logic Chris Johnson, Miles Austin, Ray Rice, and Steve Smith aren't studs?

So Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Steve Largent, Bob Hayes, Charlie Joiner were never studs because of their stature?

So Chris Johnson, Miles Austin, and Ray Rice aren't studs because they have only had one good year?

Who is this Santa Moss?

I've got to believe that if you've been watching football for a few years, you know what kind of talent Randy Moss is, even at 33. Revis may be really good, but you do not bench Randy Moss.

So Steve Smith, Wes Welker, Steve Largent, Bob Hayes, Charlie Joiner were never studs because of their stature?

So Chris Johnson, Miles Austin, and Ray Rice aren't studs because they have only had one good year?

Who is this Santa Moss?

I didn't know CJ and Rice were WR's?

Miles Austin is 6'2"

and did you catch the CONSISTENCY part of the WR comment. I merely don't trust WR's under 6'0" for a year in and year out consistent basis. Tell me how many years Steve Smith has had over 10 td's? That's my goal for the wr's I - JOCSTRAP draft in FF. I like guys with height for the potential RZ targets. I like them to have a chance at 10td's. The taller guys get into the 10td club a lot more often than the wr's under 6'0" - now that's a fact.