Scooby

Stands/Results

Week 3 Results

Return of the Trojan 114 Jwood 151

Urine Trouble 138 Sparkky's Sorry Squad 121

singman 90 TheGrinders 41

Shox 132 Shugar's Squad 117

Ma The Meatloaf 109 The Whizzinators 109

( Ma The Meatloaf wins tie-breaker 28-9)

Horsemen 137 Scooby 110

i think we went through this last year that the tie break has to be a non-starter, Hate to ruin ma's glory but he used rivers as his tie break and that voids it correct?

That is correct, but Ma and Urine Trouble and The Grinders are new so they probably were not aware of that rule unless someone specifically told them.

I have been out of town most of the week and was just coming on the forum to comment on this.

How can this be fixed? I should be 2-1 (probably for the first time since I have taken over this crappy team, three years ago :overhead: ). I don't really want to just sweep this under the rug - can the standings be changed?

I'm sure he just wasn't aware of the rule about tie breakers but I agree that it shouldnt be just swept away. Would just leaving that game in a tie with no winner or loser be an acceptable outcome for you guys? I feel like winning or losing a game based on something like this is kind of a stretch.

I think the game should be given to Thin Spirit for 2 reasons, mainly reason #2.

1) Even though Meatloaf didn't know the rule, he still started an illegal tiebreaker. Morally, it's not his fault because no one told him of this quirky rule, Legally, it is just the fact of the matter and the rule is written in our bylaws (i hope), which each player is responsible for knowing.

2) I was looking at the bench lineups and the only non-starter tiebreaker he could have started that would have even TIED with Vince Young was David Buehler and I don't think I've EVER seen anyone start a kicker as a tiebreaker. So even had he started a "non-starter" tiebreaker, there is a 99% chance it would not have been a kicker that misses as many field goals as he makes. Thin Spirit would have won the game anyway on a tiebreaker.

I'm not going to complain or cause trouble if you decide otherwise, but I think I should be awarded the win.

If you are joining a new league it is your duty to read the rules/scoring laid out for that league.

That win puts me at 2-2 and in the thick of things in my division, where every win is going to count this year.

Sign in to follow this