Sign in to follow this  
MRclutch4

GE or Ricky?

I have a few Running Backs on my team at the moment: Ricky Wlliams, Ryan Torain, Ahmad Bradshaw, Arian Foster, and Mike Tolbert.

One guy i was thinking of picking up was Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis. He's done well the last two weeks( not counting his bye week ), and Ricky Williams is strugling at the moment. I was consdering getting GE in exchange for Williams. Is this a mistake? Thanks!

Thanks for answering mine...

I am a Pats fan, (and like Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis a lot), but I'm not sure I would pull the trigger on that deal.

If nothing else, looking at the matchups towards the end of the season when fantasy playoffs occur might lean towards Williams (a little) although I think both the Fins and the Pats will be battling for their playoff lives and both backs will get significant touches...

Week 13

Green-Ellis: JETS

Williams: BROWNS

Week 14

Green-Ellis: @ BEARS

Williams: @ JETS

Week 15

Green-Ellis: PACKERS

Williams: BILLS

Week 16

Green-Ellis: @ BILLS

Williams: DETROIT

I like BJGE as well. I think he'll garner the lion's share of touches, even if he has to split the backfield with Morris or whoever, whereas Williams and Brown's touches will even out as the season goes on. Plus, I trust NE's offense more, and they'll use the pass to set up the run.

Hope that helps. Can you help me with mine?

I'd do it. I think Ricky's pretty much hit his ceiling for the season. He's had some good moments over his up and down career, and last year was certainly a surprise, but I think BGE has much more potential at this point.