Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Packers 34, Vikings 3

--I think Rodgers snaps out of his funk

--Matthews Kolbs Favre into not-so-early retirement

--Mr. Noodle's ill-advised idea to have now jobless Tim Brewster give the pre-game motivational talk backfires

--GB fans wear crocs both ironically and unironically

--Packers have zero penalties lining up over the center on punts

What is this a wet dream?

I don't like hearing Matthews possibly returning this week. And you might have Bigby and Harris too, right? What about Driver and Tauscher?

I would love to talk vast amounts of sh!t for this game. But the Vikings have Lito Shepard....so I won't squawk too much.

But the Vikings will win. AD scores a couple TDs.....and so does Moss!!!! Moonshot fockers!

:pointstosky:

.....and so does Moss!!!! Moonshot fockers!

I'm contemplating starting Moss this week to ensure he goes 1 catch for 12 yards ;)

I'm contemplating starting Moss this week to ensure he goes 1 catch for 12 yards ;)

None of your teams are doing well this year, huh?

Well......there's always next year!

:overhead:

I don't like hearing Matthews possibly returning this week. And you might have Bigby and Harris too, right? What about Driver and Tauscher?

I would love to talk vast amounts of sh!t for this game. But the Vikings have Lito Shepard....so I won't squawk too much.

But the Vikings will win. AD scores a couple TDs.....and so does Moss!!!! Moonshot fockers!

I can talk no sh!t for this one. Lately, we just flat out suck.

The potential is there on offense, but I have little faith we can stop the Vikings pass rush. I just don't want to make Allen's season again like they did last year.

Driver will be fine. Id expect Harris out there for about 50% of the nickel snaps. Bigby might get mixed in some. Not sure about Tauscher, I think I heard he is still a bit away from being ready to come back.

The Vikings are going to rape them....

based upon what? The Vikings haven't come close to raping anybody all season...

Yes, they've asked a few teams to come back to their hotel room to chill (cheeeeeeel) and they have sent some unwarranted croccackshots.... they've definitely sexual harassed...I guess their home win against hapless Detroit could be described as a little lewd -- like a Vikings sex party boat on Lake Minnetonka... but they have definitely not raped anybody to this point...

Don't expect it to start at Lambeau

:dunno:

Hey, you play fantasy like I do! All weekend, I couldn't decide who to pick up: Johnny Knox or Dwayne Bowe. Went back and forth. Couldn't sleep. Ultimately, I knew that whoever I DIDN'T pick up, would have the better game. Seriously, this was the deciding factor. So as a dutiful Viking fan, I did my part and picked up Johnny Knox. Knox does OK, but Dwayne Bowe goes for 2 TDs and 100+. If I had picked Bowe, the Bears would've easily won and extended their lead in the North. I should get paid for this. I'm money.

Hey, you play fantasy like I do! All weekend, I couldn't decide who to pick up: Johnny Knox or Dwayne Bowe. Went back and forth. Couldn't sleep. Ultimately, I knew that whoever I DIDN'T pick up, would have the better game. Seriously, this was the deciding factor. So as a dutiful Viking fan, I did my part and picked up Johnny Knox. Knox does OK, but Dwayne Bowe goes for 2 TDs and 100+. If I had picked Bowe, the Bears would've easily won and extended their lead in the North. I should get paid for this. I'm money.

See... we appreciate that :thumbsup:

I'm contemplating starting Favre this week, too :cheers:

--I think Rodgers snaps out of his funk

--Matthews Kolbs Favre into not-so-early retirement

--Mr. Noodle's ill-advised idea to have now jobless Tim Brewster give the pre-game motivational talk backfires

--GB fans wear crocs both ironically and unironically

--Packers have zero penalties lining up over the center on punts

"You'll have to excuse my friend. He's a little slow."

"You'll have to excuse my friend. He's a little slow."

Dante's Inferno??? Is that you?

You still post here?

How the heck are you?

:cheers:

the packers o-line blows and they don't have a running game; the vikings d-line is one of the better units in the league.

yeah, you figure out how this is going to go :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, as a Vikings fan, the sad reality is this:

Pack 28, Vikes 13.

It's not going to be our night. Gut feeling.

Good job Packers. You have a coach who knows how to challenge a non-TD. You also have a coach who has the respect of the team.

This thing is about to get ugly for the Vikes.

It's your division to lose. Good luck in the playoffs.

Good job Packers. You have a coach who knows how to challenge a non-TD. You also have a coach who has the respect of the team.

You are classy!

I'd buy you and your buddy Immmmensamind a beer any time :cheers:

This was a good win, but McCarthy is hardly an asset. Going for it twice on the same drive on 4th and 1 with the same play that barely worked once - instead of kicking the field goal to go up by 7 - was dumb game management. Plus, he had one more challenge which he could have used for the forward progress to get to one of those 4th and 1s.

This was a good win, but McCarthy is hardly an asset. Going for it twice on the same drive on 4th and 1 with the same play that barely worked once - instead of kicking the field goal to go up by 7 - was dumb game management. Plus, he had one more challenge which he could have used for the forward progress to get to one of those 4th and 1s.

I didn't say he was a good coach. But he made a good challenge on the Shiancoe grab, and he's not in a pissing contest with the QB....and probably half the rest of the team.

As opposed to Chilly who failed to challenge the Quarles TD and is b!tching about Favre in the presser.

Green Bay can make some noise in the playoffs.....still think Rodgers has to step it up and the running game needs to come through (it did tonight). But the Vikings are doomed.....they might quit on Chilly before too long. Pathetic.

I didn't say he was a good coach. But he made a good challenge on the Shiancoe grab, and he's not in a pissing contest with the QB....and probably half the rest of the team.

As opposed to Chilly who failed to challenge the Quarles TD and is b!tching about Favre in the presser.

Green Bay can make some noise in the playoffs.....still think Rodgers has to step it up and the running game needs to come through (it did tonight). But the Vikings are doomed.....they might quit on Chilly before too long. Pathetic.

Don't worry... Chilly and Favre are oddly tied together. This is their last year

Now the Pack just have to hope the dysfunction of the Bears continue.

WTF did Chilly say in his press conference? ESPN is going crazy about it. Saying he just mouthed off about something. Threw Favre under the bus?

That Shiancoe call was so brutal....that is 100% a catch.....Chris Collinsworth couldn't believe they overturned it.

WTF did Chilly say in his press conference? ESPN is going crazy about it. Saying he just mouthed off about something. Threw Favre under the bus?

Something to the effect that you don't throw to Harvin when the throw should go somewhere else....the offense doesn't work like that....you don't throw pick sixes....you have to realize it's alright to punt....you can't force the issue and make mistakes in a close game.

Chilly is such an arrogant pr!ck. Yeah, Favre's mistakes cost them the game.....but so did failing to challenge the Quarless TD....and so was playing it way too focking conservatively at the end of the 1st half. They had timeouts and only needed about 30 yards to attempt a FG. Pussy!

That Shiancoe call was so brutal....that is 100% a catch.....Chris Collinsworth couldn't believe they overturned it.

Nah....they'll call that every time. If any part of the ball touches the ground while the player is making the catch, it's incomplete.

Great game, definitely could have gone either way. Packers fans have gotten used to losing these types of games lately, nice to finally pull one out.

GO PACK GO! :music_guitarred:

Nah....they'll call that every time. If any part of the ball touches the ground while the player is making the catch, it's incomplete.

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. Collinsworth even brought up the famous play on which the rule was made and broke it down as to why there is no doubt that it was a catch. The 99 NFC Championship game were the Rams receiver clearly catches the ball, but some of the ball touches the ground so they called in incomplete. After that season, they put in the rule where the nose of the ball can touch the ground as long as the receiver shows control. Shiancoe had total control of the ball, but the ref blew the call. There were a couple brutal calls today in the NFL, might as well have another one on Sunday night.

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. Collinsworth even brought up the famous play on which the rule was made and broke it down as to why there is no doubt that it was a catch. The 99 NFC Championship game were the Rams receiver clearly catches the ball, but some of the ball touches the ground so they called in incomplete. After that season, they put in the rule where the nose of the ball can touch the ground as long as the receiver shows control. Shiancoe had total control of the ball, but the ref blew the call. There were a couple brutal calls today in the NFL, might as well have another one on Sunday night.

Meh....9 times outta 10, if the ball hits the ground, it's incomplete. I'm not saying the Shiancoe catch wasn't a catch...I think it was. But when the ball hits the ground....and the ball moves a centimeter within the player's grasp, they'll call incomplete. Just the way it is.

I'm not gonna b!tch about the refs when the Vikes continually shot themselves in the foot (insert gunslinger joke here). They didn't play well enough to win....that's on them, not the refs.

Yay...our coach is only slightly less inept than yours.

:)

And yes, it could get very ugly with that idiot as your head coach.

So much talent on that team is wasting away this year.

the packers o-line blows and they don't have a running game; the vikings d-line is one of the better units in the league.

yeah, you figure out how this is going to go :rolleyes:

So...instead...

Packers Oline held up well.

Jackson ran for 4.5 per carry.

Vikings D line did little.

As usual, swampy is wrong.

Meh....9 times outta 10, if the ball hits the ground, it's incomplete. I'm not saying the Shiancoe catch wasn't a catch...I think it was. But when the ball hits the ground....and the ball moves a centimeter within the player's grasp, they'll call incomplete. Just the way it is.

I'm not gonna b!tch about the refs when the Vikes continually shot themselves in the foot (insert gunslinger joke here). They didn't play well enough to win....that's on them, not the refs.

True, the only ones that they have to blame for that loss our themselves. I agree 100%..............................but, that was a catch. :)

I disagree - we immediately had this argument amongst the buddies I had over to watch the game. I was the only one who was one the side of the eventual call - my argument was that Shiancoe actually had the ball with his wrists, and the top half of the ball. He pulled it towards his chest and neck as he was falling, but there was no way that ball was secure. The ball was the first thing to hit the ground, and as it did, it was pushed upwards, and in to his hands, thus securing it.

You cannot secure the ball in your hands using the ground as the lever - and that's why they called it incomplete.

No Cullen Jenkins. Pickett for 2 plays only. No Al Harris; no Bigby. Extremely gimpy Driver (who had his consecutive game w/receptions streak snapped @ 139 :( ) - weird disconnects on play calling (5 missed rear shoulder routes and breaking off routes hot reads missed).

And still a win. That was huge. Good game, FeelingMN - I think your analysis of both sides is damn accurate.

True, the only ones that they have to blame for that loss our themselves. I agree 100%..............................but, that was a catch. :)

It was a catch. The NFL is backing itself into a corner by insisting on splitting hairs to call catches, catches....TDs, TDs. It's devolved into paralysis by analysis.

Hopefully Favre will hit his wide open TE in stride next time so he doesn't have to lay out to make the catch.

Yay...our coach is only slightly less inept than yours.

:)

And yes, it could get very ugly with that idiot as your head coach.

So much talent on that team is wasting away this year.

Lovie kicks both their asses ... in ineptness. :headbanger:

Don't worry... Chilly and Favre are oddly tied together. This is their last year

Now the Pack just have to hope the dysfunction of the Bears continue.

It's hard to imagine this Bears team winning another game this year ... Buffalo and Detroit included. I started out thinking they were a 6-10 team. They played much better than that the first 3 games and have played much worse than that since. If favre is still around when they play Chi, he may be the one guy that can lose to them.

The Pack only need to get to 8 to win the division now. The D and Marinelli are doing well, but Lovie, Martz and Tice can all start making alternate plans for their post 2010 careers.

I am still scratching my head over Rodger's second interception. In the replay, it seemed clear that the defender (Williams) stepped out of bounds during the play, and was then the first player to touch the ball when he broke up the pass. Isn't that a penalty? I recorded the game, but didn't get a chance to come back and look at it last night, I was too busy enjoying the win. :-) There's a video of the play on nfl.com, but my work computer isn't working with their videos at the moment.

But it is correct that if a player goes out of bounds, they can't be the first one to touch a pass or punt, right?