Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Do you play the matchups in the playoffs?

Typically I play the studs no matter what.

Might have to bench SJAX this week in favor of J. Stewart. Talk me out of it. Please.

Typically I play the studs no matter what.

Might have to bench SJAX this week in favor of J. Stewart. Talk me out of it. Please.

Stewart has performed pretty well recently. It's not a bad move at all. Who else are you rolling with at RB?

In general though, I play my studs unless they're going up against Revis, or the Pittsburgh Rush Defense. Especially at this time of year, I'd rather lose because Ray Rice doesn't score a TD....yet again....than banking on Tashard Choice doing anything.

In your particular case, I could actually buy the argument of Jonathan Stewart as a pseudo-stud; he's super-talented and has always produced when healthy. Arizona's bad against the run and you know Carolina's not going to get anywhere passing. Generally, I just stick with the guys who got me here; at this point in the season, if I'm still alive it's probably because I either drafted or acquired consistent, strong producers who I don't worry about much week to week.

unless cassel starts, and even if he does start, i'm thinkin of sititng bowe for either britt vs houston or tampa mike against detroit

There are some players that are matchup-proof. They are your "studs".

There are other guys that don't perform nearly as well in tough matchups. There are some players that are only going to perform in good matchups. I will definitely consider the latter over the former if the situations are right.

I would also sit some guys who have great stats, but are trending down. A guy like Brandon Lloyd fits that bill. Even a guy like Santonio Holmes could fit that mold.

In the particular situation being mentioned here, I would have to see who the other RB is as it is hard to sit Jackson because his matchup is not that bad (KC is sort of neutral against the run). Stewart definitely has a plus matchup.

The ASYS theory is bull-crap.....there is lack of consensus as to who is a "stud" to begin with...go with your gut, I don't care if it IS playoff time ! :headbanger:

The ASYS theory is bull-crap.....there is lack of consensus as to who is a "stud" to begin with...go with your gut, I don't care if it IS playoff time ! :headbanger:

There are only a handful of WRS and RBS that are must starts regardless of matchups

There are some players that are matchup-proof. They are your "studs".

There are other guys that don't perform nearly as well in tough matchups. There are some players that are only going to perform in good matchups. I will definitely consider the latter over the former if the situations are right.

I would also sit some guys who have great stats, but are trending down. A guy like Brandon Lloyd fits that bill. Even a guy like Santonio Holmes could fit that mold.

In the particular situation being mentioned here, I would have to see who the other RB is as it is hard to sit Jackson because his matchup is not that bad (KC is sort of neutral against the run). Stewart definitely has a plus matchup.

I have Jamal Charles and Darren McFadden. So they are starting this week with no doubt. SJAX benched for Stewart is a tough call in the flex spot. The Rams have really been moving the ball well and Jackson accounts for basically all the RB scoring. But Stewart seems to also now have the job. He could go nuts.

This is a brutal call for the playoffs. I've never had so many good running backs. ARGGGGG!

I'm worried KC may control the clock and run all day. I may really bench SJAX.

I'm sure there are more than a few people that sat down Schaub because he was going against the Ravens...so sorry. Another thing that always cracked me up was the owners that actually drafted based on playoff match ups. You can't win a playoff game if you don't make it there to begin with.

Picking match ups for playoffs is what wins championships, along with a lucky WW pick up. So go down swinging with matchups then lose looking.

I have Jamal Charles and Darren McFadden. So they are starting this week with no doubt. SJAX benched for Stewart is a tough call in the flex spot. The Rams have really been moving the ball well and Jackson accounts for basically all the RB scoring. But Stewart seems to also now have the job. He could go nuts.

This is a brutal call for the playoffs. I've never had so many good running backs. ARGGGGG!

I'm worried KC may control the clock and run all day. I may really bench SJAX.

If it were me, I would go with SJax. The team is playing for something and he does not even have a Goodson sniffing at his heels. :dunno:

I am sitting:

Flacco/Orton for Collins

Lloyd/Fitzgerald/Boldin for VJax

I normally roll with the team that got me into the playoffs but when the matchup is terrible or the player is fading, you have to roll the dice.

I am sitting:

Flacco/Orton for Collins

Lloyd/Fitzgerald/Boldin for VJax

I normally roll with the team that got me into the playoffs but when the matchup is terrible or the player is fading, you have to roll the dice.

Woah.

Even with Gates out Vjax had only 3 targets... though looking at your other three options and their respective matchups, I can see where you are going there... That's indeed a tough call. The 9ers don't exactly shut down WRs, and have given up 5 TDs to WR over the last 3 weeks. Best luck to you man.

I have a similar dilemma with my RBs -- Looking at starting Dmac and JStew; and leaving Ray Rice and Ahmad Bradshaw on the bench. I'm facing a juggernaut of an opponent, and am leaning towards max risk, max reward because I'm gonna need all the points I can muster to take this mf'er down.

:cheers:

I am strongly considering benching Rice for Blount next week (hopefully the next two weeks).

Woah.

Even with Gates out Vjax had only 3 targets... though looking at your other three options and their respective matchups, I can see where you are going there... That's indeed a tough call. The 9ers don't exactly shut down WRs, and have given up 5 TDs to WR over the last 3 weeks. Best luck to you man.

I have a similar dilemma with my RBs -- Looking at starting Dmac and JStew; and leaving Ray Rice and Ahmad Bradshaw on the bench. I'm facing a juggernaut of an opponent, and am leaning towards max risk, max reward because I'm gonna need all the points I can muster to take this mf'er down.

:cheers:

Same here. My opponent has me beat at every position save for the #2 RB spot. It's why I'm choosing to go with boom/bust guys like V Jax and K Collins.