Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

1st thing the Patriots need to do

I think it's obvious - they need to:

* Fire the Director of Cheating.

* Invest more in espionage training.

* Eliminate the white running back position.

B)

I think it's obvious - they need to:

* Fire the Director of Cheating.

* Invest more in espionage training.

* Eliminate the white running back position.

B)

* Teach Brady to complete a pass longer than seven yards.

* Get a hypnotist to convince Brady that playoff games are really just regular season games.

* Get fans who don't try to avoid post game traffic by leaving the stadium when they get down by ten points.

Definitely need better fans. The Pats are never going to win the tough, close games when their fans are booing at halftime and leaving the stadium with 5 minutes left to play in the biggest game of the year.

They could also upgrade to a head coach who doesn't call fake punts from his own 38 with a minute left before halftime in a close game or run 7 minutes off the clock before calling a 4th and 13 play down by two scores instead of attempting a FG to make it a one score game. Those are the kind of rookie blunders that lose you playoff games.

Getting a QB who doesn't fold like a cheap lawn chair in big games might help, too.

:cheers:

The Patriots are fine. They sh!t the bed yesterday by making uncharacteristic mistakes. They looked out of sync on the field and Belichick made some questionable coaching decisions; the challenge of Holmes' catch...the fake punt...benching Welker.

If Brady doesn't throw that pick...and if Alge catches that pass on the second drive for a TD, we'd be looking at a different ballgame. The Jets controlled the pace of the game...the emotion of the game. Once they weathered the Patriots' best shot early on, half the battle was already won. Their two first half scores were on short fields which were set up by Pats' blunders. And for all the mistakes/bad play on the part of the Pats, they still had a chance to tie late in the game.

All in all, disappointing. But other than Indy and maybe Pittsburgh, there really isn't a team I would feel as confident about going into next year. You know they're going to compete for a division/conference/NFL championship. They're one of the few that can say that. And 49 draft picks ain't gonna hurt either.

I still think they're a pretty good team despite yesterday's showing.

:dunno:

I think they should trade Tom Brady to Arizona for their 1st round picks for the next two years. Then, they should ask Brett Farve to come out of retirement and play for them.

Get Randy Moss back!!!

They really should consider it.

An 8 yard dink and dunk offense doesn't work as well without the free safety playing 25 yards deep.

I think they should trade Tom Brady to Arizona for their 1st round picks for the next two years. Then, they should ask Brett Farve to come out of retirement and play for them.

Actually, they need to go out and find themselves a Trent Dilfer/Mark Rypien type of quarterback. One who isn't worried about underwear modeling and how manageable his long, flowing hair is. One who could care less about his regular season numbers and who can win the big game without suddenly looking like Rob Johnson back there. One who can read a defense and look downfield and not just throw off little dump passes all game.

Brady should model for their billboards to sell season tickets, but they need a gritty gamer to play quarterback.

Yup. Brady is way too Hollywood now. He needs to cut his hair and stop endorsing faggity products like Uggs. He should probably ditch the supermodel wife too--she has been a bad influence on him from the beginning. Unfortunately I don't see any of those things happening. Maybe Brian Hoyer is a gamer?

You can't force heterosexuality. You just have to hope it happens.

If you are going to quote your wife, you should at least put it in quotations and give her the credit she deserves.

:highfive:

I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses. :cheers:

If you are going to quote your wife, you should at least put it in quotations and give her the credit she deserves.

:highfive:

I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses. :cheers:

Dude, despite my blonde tips, shaved chest, and propensity to listen to Air Supply, I'm Brock Lesner compared to that limp wristed, Justin Bieber-haired fruitcake that the Patriots have at quarterback.

1. Cut his hair

2. Change the Pats logo in the end zone to a picture of Giselle with her legs spread. Maybe he will look downfield then

3. Get a pass rusher. We have been asking for an edge rusher for 3-4 drafts with nothing to show for it.

4. Get rid of Bill O'Brien. The playcalling this week was terrible. If I see Brady looking at his forearm for the playcall again, I will go postal. No need for it.

The Patriots are fine. They sh!t the bed yesterday by making uncharacteristic mistakes. They looked out of sync on the field and Belichick made some questionable coaching decisions; the challenge of Holmes' catch...the fake punt...benching Welker.

If Brady doesn't throw that pick...and if Alge catches that pass on the second drive for a TD, we'd be looking at a different ballgame. The Jets controlled the pace of the game...the emotion of the game. Once they weathered the Patriots' best shot early on, half the battle was already won. Their two first half scores were on short fields which were set up by Pats' blunders. And for all the mistakes/bad play on the part of the Pats, they still had a chance to tie late in the game.

All in all, disappointing. But other than Indy and maybe Pittsburgh, there really isn't a team I would feel as confident about going into next year. You know they're going to compete for a division/conference/NFL championship. They're one of the few that can say that. And 49 draft picks ain't gonna hurt either.

I still think they're a pretty good team despite yesterday's showing.

:dunno:

^^^this.

Totally agree - except that I would add Green Bay into that conversation also. It's obvious to me that Green Bay is going to be there for several years to come.

Dude, despite my blonde tips, shaved chest, and propensity to listen to Air Supply, I'm Brock Lesner compared to that limp wristed, Justin Bieber-haired fruitcake that the Patriots have at quarterback.

Brock Lesnar? I am not sure I like that comparison. Do something better.

Also, he does NOT have a Justin Bieber hair cut. It is more Jennifer Aniston. :wub:

They need to draft a pass rush.

Could use some of their ridiculous amounts of draft picks to get a replacement for Randy Moss. Vincent Jackson is one guy I can think of.

Brady should add more hairplugs and extensions, more is better.

Another problem with Brady is the ninja head stocking he where when it is cold out. It was only like 30 degrees out, it isn't THAT cold out.

I couldn't decide what looks gayer, the hair or the Snake Eyes halloween costume. :mellow:

Could use some of their ridiculous amounts of draft picks to get a replacement for Randy Moss. Vincent Jackson is one guy I can think of.

They're only looking for system guys. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they let Welker go in the off-season for putting his foot in his mouth.

i'll tell you what, they definately need to get some fans who don;t resort to trash talking their own team at the slightest little bit of adversity.

i'd like to make a compilation of the whiney ass remarks by Pats fans on this board after the loss.

on a serious note, the Pats are one of the top franchises in football currently.

there are a few things i disagree with concerning how they run things

for starters, trading out of a particular draft when you are not enamored with the talent is one thing... continually doing it is outsmarting yourself.

also, constantly letting players walk in favor of the system can only work so many times.

i do believe this team would have been better with a happy Randy Moss. We saw that the system can overcome such a loss in the regular season but i think yesterdays game would have been different with Moss on the field.

i'll tell you what, they definately need to get some fans who don;t resort to trash talking their own team at the slightest little bit of adversity.

i'd like to make a compilation of the whiney ass remarks by Pats fans on this board after the loss.

I'd like to make a list posters who cry about other fans "whining". :rolleyes:

Really they need to worry about one thing...

Figure out a way to compete with the new top dog in the division, the J-E-T-S!

:pointstosky:

Cut Brady's hair.

I blame the hair. :thumbsdown:

Didn't realize that Brady has had long hair for 7 years now... :dunno:

Time flies :lol:

Belichick over thought that game. He made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes such as not videotaping the Jets practices. :ninja:

Didn't realize that Brady has had long hair for 7 years now... :dunno:

Time flies :lol:

Huh? :dunno:

:first: :lol: :doublethumbsup:

I'd like to make a list posters who cry about other fans "whining". :rolleyes:

id like to make a list of posters who follow me around like sheep, quoting me in every thread because they can't let go of a silly grudge. :wave:

If Brady doesn't throw that pick...and if Alge catches that pass on the second drive for a TD, we'd be looking at a different ballgame.

These are the 2 that stuck out to me. At this point in the game, the Pats were marching up and down the field. That game could have easily been 14 to 7...with them getting the ball first in the 3rd.

Key moments were:

1. Brady INT - Even though the Jets didn't score, it represented an early momentum shift and it clearly focked with Brady's head for the rest of the game

2. Crumpler dropped TD - Obviously you always want a TD over a field goal, and if Crumpler caught that pass I think it would've erased all damage from the Brady INT

3. Fake punt - Pats probably would've gotten the ball first in the second half down 7-3; instead they go into the lockeroom down 14-3 and with the Jets holding all of the momentum

4. Santonio Holmes' amazing TD catch - At that point you just knew the Jets were going to hold off any late rally by the Pats

There were some other big moments like the Brady/Branch bad throw/drop moment on fourth down, but I think those four were definitely the biggest turning points.

If Brady doesn't throw that pick...and if Alge catches that pass on the second drive for a TD, we'd be looking at a different ballgame. :dunno:

are we really going to play the what if game?

i mean, what if Shonn Greene goes down in bounds rather than scoring a TD? That was a huge mental mistake imo as the Jets could have simply ran out the clock aftert that. Would have been first and 10 with the Pats having only 1 time out. Instead, the Pats got the ball back, scored, and had a very realistic onside kick attempt.

what if the Jets had recovered either of those fumbles that they had 3-4 guys around?

what if the Pats didn't try that fake punt?

every game has what if's. I know you are one of the ones who think the Pats lost this game but the reality is they didn't make enough mistakes to claim that.

are we really going to play the what if game?

i mean, what if Shonn Greene goes down in bounds rather than scoring a TD? That was a huge mental mistake imo as the Jets could have simply ran out the clock aftert that. Would have been first and 10 with the Pats having only 1 time out. Instead, the Pats got the ball back, scored, and had a very realistic onside kick attempt.

what if the Jets had recovered either of those fumbles that they had 3-4 guys around?

what if the Pats didn't try that fake punt?

every game has what if's. I know you are one of the ones who think the Pats lost this game but the reality is they didn't make enough mistakes to claim that.

Pats lost. The Jets made some mistakes but not nearly as many and not nearly as costly. I don't mean to take anything away from the Jets, they had a great game plan and it executed it very well. But if the Pats didn't sh!t the bed I am certain we would've seen a different result. I guess the Jets can prove me wrong by going out and beating the Steelers this weekend though.

Pats lost. The Jets made some mistakes but not nearly as many and not nearly as costly. I don't mean to take anything away from the Jets, they had a great game plan and it executed it very well. But if the Pats didn't sh!t the bed I am certain we would've seen a different result. I guess the Jets can prove me wrong by going out and beating the Steelers this weekend though.

The Jets won the game. They outplayed the Patriots across the board (offense, defense, special teams).

If the Patriots had done better in the opening two drives, then things might have been different. However, the Jets executed and the Patriots didn't. The Jets played a better game and deserved to win. Heck, I don't think that it was as close as the score indicated.

nah this is the kind of stuff that i find extremely weak.

The Patriots didn't ###### the bed. They got out played, plain and simple.

to say the Patriots ###### the bed tells me you think the Patriots lost that game more than the Jets won it which is :rolleyes:

sign Moss back to open up the offense. He can be had for a song right now and if he would play for peanuts anywhere its NE. also add another solid CB as well as get a decent NT.

sign Moss back to open up the offense. He can be had for a song right now and if he would play for peanuts anywhere its NE. also add another solid CB as well as get a decent NT.

Are we talking about the bizarro Patriots?

They do not a field-stretcher at receiver, but Moss ain't the answer.

Bodden will be back next year.

Wilfork is still one of the top NTs in the game.

They need a focking pass rusher.

Time to see what Hoyer can do.

Are we talking about the bizarro Patriots?

They do not a field-stretcher at receiver, but Moss ain't the answer.

Bodden will be back next year.

Wilfork is still one of the top NTs in the game.

They need a focking pass rusher.

Moss can

A. Be had for a low number right now

B. Would take a lower amount to play for NE

C. He opens things up for Welker to get singled every time

D. Opens up the running game

E. Gives them a big play guy