Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Walking Dead Season 2 Coming in October

The Walking Dead Season 2 was supposedly going to be arriving next October but it seems that AMC is preparing to unload the new season on us fans much sooner then we all expected. Emmy Award winning actor Bryan Cranston told New York Magazine ( via The Daily Blam ) that Walking Dead season 2 is coming in July, 3 months earlier then we all expected saying quote;

“It was a decision from AMC that they wanted to position us in July… They want to attract as many eyeballs as possible, away from the heavy competition of the September, November [or] January start.”

The Hollywood Reporter was the one that broke the news that Walking Dead Season 2 would be coming in October shortly after the final episode of Season 1 Ended. My thoughts on why AMC was aiming for October again was to capitlize on the FEARFEST they do every Halloween but I also had said that I think the show could hold its own in any time frame and help boost AMC’s ratings during periods where they might not be as high. This new July release date shows that AMC is doing just that. Since Halloween already delivers them strong ratings a July release of Walking Dead Season 2 means they will get fantastic summer ratings now on their network.

Walking Dead Season 2 Darabont has revealed would take us into the second book and introduce some of the fantastic winter visuals that Volume 2 of Walking Dead did so well. Walking Dead Season 2 will be 13 episodes as opposed to the 6 episodes in the first season.

Emmy Award winning actor Bryan Cranston told New York Magazine ( via The Daily Blam ) that Walking Dead season 2 is coming in July, 3 months earlier then we all expected saying quote;

“It was a decision from AMC that they wanted to position us in July… They want to attract as many eyeballs as possible, away from the heavy competition of the September, November [or] January start.”

Walt is gonna selling meth to zombies now? :unsure:

:headbanger: Awesome. I liked it.

:headbanger: Bring on the Zombys!

I thought the show was entertaining, but over rated compared to the reviews I was hearing about it.

I thought the show was entertaining, but over rated compared to the reviews I was hearing about it.

Rarely do things live up to the hype.

Rarely do things live up to the hype.

I guess. I thought the Wire, Deadwood, The Shield and Dexter did though. :dunno:

My biggest issue with Walking Dead is the acting is at Soap Opera level. The star of the show is terrible at acting and should not be a lead. Other than that, it is a zombie movie stretched out longer.

I guess. I thought the Wire, Deadwood, The Shield and Dexter did though. :dunno:

My biggest issue with Walking Dead is the acting is at Soap Opera level. The star of the show is terrible at acting and should not be a lead. Other than that, it is a zombie movie stretched out longer.

Agree that the acting is pretty bad but the blood and gore are fun.

This is true.

The zombie make up and effects are enough for me to over look the bad acting. I love zombies and am glad they made it to a TV series.

If I've said it once I'll say it again " You can't go wrong with monkeys, midgets or zombies".

:headbanger: :banana:

Good because that was a short season for sure.

I think it's taking BBs place on Sundays starting this Sunday.

Saw season 1 on steaming Netflix. After the first 3 episodes, I thought I would only finish the season. Like someone said, it was basically like a Zombie movie stretched out. Then the characters actually started to develop better than I thought. Now I think season 2 has a lot of potential.

Something has to fill the void of Breaking Bad :( . Even though I just started watching BB about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

TWD obviously isn't on the same level as BB, but it should be suffice to fill in :thumbsup:

I think it's taking BBs place on Sundays starting this Sunday.

Saw season 1 on steaming Netflix. After the first 3 episodes, I thought I would only finish the season. Like someone said, it was basically like a Zombie movie stretched out. Then the characters actually started to develop better than I thought. Now I think season 2 has a lot of potential.

Something has to fill the void of Breaking Bad :( . Even though I just started watching BB about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

TWD obviously isn't on the same level as BB, but it should be suffice to fill in :thumbsup:

Since they will probably replay it that night and all week, you could just go ahead and watch big brother

haven't watched it - but that was my concern.

no thanks then.

I'll take great story/acting with the occasional "Gus Face" done by the WD spfx guys.

haven't watched it - but that was my concern.

no thanks then.

I'll take great story/acting with the occasional "Gus Face" done by the WD spfx guys.

It starts tonight at 8 (central). Give it a shot. I really enjoy the story/atmosphere they've created. The acting isn't really noticeably bad, granted I'm no expert on acting.

I only watched parts of the first hour, but it seemed kind of stupid and I kind of liked the first season. Did it get any better?

I only watched parts of the first hour, but it seemed kind of stupid and I kind of liked the first season. Did it get any better?

Not too much killing of the zombies. But when they did, the gore was as good as ever. They cut open the gut of one of the zombies to see what its eaten lately and that was pretty good stuff. But they had a lot of personal crisis type crapola. The guy with the cross bow (daryl) is by far the most entertaining character on the show. If I wanted to survive a zombie world, I would stay close to that guy. The show ended with a bit of a shocker.

Not too much killing of the zombies. But when they did, the gore was as good as ever. They cut open the gut of one of the zombies to see what its eaten lately and that was pretty good stuff. But they had a lot of personal crisis type crapola. The guy with the cross bow (daryl) is by far the most entertaining character on the show. If I wanted to survive a zombie world, I would stay close to that guy. The show ended with a bit of a shocker.

I told the Mr.'s right before it happened "Wouldn't it be great if a zombie jumped out and bit him?" And then boom! I've been waiting for something to happen to that kid since season 1... for some reason I never liked the little focker. :clap:

I told the Mr.'s right before it happened "Wouldn't it be great if a zombie jumped out and bit him?" And then boom! I've been waiting for something to happen to that kid since season 1... for some reason I never liked the little focker. :clap:

Nice spoiler, kunt. :wave:

Some of the best TV on right now. Loved last night.

Don't worry. that's not what happened.

It's already aired asshat :rolleyes:

sorry if I rooned it for you

Don't worry. that's not what happened.

I don't really care...just needed an excuse to use kunt. :banana:

Spolier alert.. whatever

Questions.

1st season they said zombies could smell you.. Now they can't if you hide under a car? DUMB

Why are the zombies in the car's that are dead not walking around?

Wouldn't whoever shot the deer see the kid in his line of sight?

Spolier alert.. whatever

Questions.

1st season they said zombies could smell you.. Now they can't if you hide under a car? DUMB

Don't remember the smell reference from season 1.

The dead in the car were never zombies. Died of natural, suicide, other causes.

I suppose if you were focused on the deer from the other side, you might not see him. Surprised the deer didn't jet out after the kid got so close. What kind of dad lets his kid walk up on a wild animal?

Still best tv on right now!

Spolier alert.. whatever

Questions.

In season one they had to smear themselves with guts because they were going to go out into the crowd of Walkers and literally be shoulder to shoulder with them. At least that's my take on it.

Pretty good start to the season. They don't pull any punches when it comes to off'ing some zombies.

Boring. The characters are dull and every week is the same.

What kind of dad lets his kid walk up on a wild animal?

I was thinking that too. Could have been a doe that it was guarding and it could have charged the kid.

I was thinking that too. Could have been a doe that it was guarding and it could have charged the kid.

I was thinking of that dad in Yellowstone (I think that was the place) where the dad let his kid walk up to a moose. Moose killed the kid. Brilliant!

Hey son, there are no more doctors on planet earf cause they are all zombies now. Why don't cha walk on up to that wild animal and see what happens next.

Still love the show!

Also, to the little lost girl. Your fault for leaving the fricken hole. Do what you're told. Stay under the car and don't move. Oh, you moved and a pair of zombies are after you now. OK, well stay in this hole and wait for me. Oh, you didn't stay and are now lost in this forest. Well, then fock you!